Chapter 16: The afternoon

He rounded the corner into the protection of the dark dining room. All Buffy can think of is that the way Spike walks and carries himself is purely sexual. He moves as graceful as a jungle cat on the prowl. She imagined her as his prey. Tingles went down her spine at the erotic thought, maybe later she reminded herself. Spike looked at her like he knew what she was thinking and winked. Dawn seemed to dismiss this little play as nothing out of the ordinary.

Spike sat down. “So what’s on the agenda today, ducks?”

The girls looked at each other and shrugged. “I am planning on soaking up some heavenly sun on the deck. But if you want company, I can stay in?” Dawn pleaded with her eyes. Begging the answer is no.

“That’s alright, ‘Bit, go on, you don’t have much more time before your classes start again right. Go enjoy yourself. I think I can find something to pass the time in ‘ere.” He stole a quick glance over to Buffy who was blushing wildly. Oh yeah, she wanted him just as much as he wanted her.

“Um, I have some phone calls for work and Spike and I need to talk some more.” Buffy tried to hide her blush and disappeared into the kitchen opening the fridge and putting something into the microwave. After a minute she came back with a mug and set it in front of Spike. He nodded at her in thanks. Dawn got up and headed out to the sunny deck.

“The upstairs bedroom has a TV; unfortunately, the living room is not very Spike friendly this time of day. Sorry.” Buffy offered with a slight smile as the two sat at the table.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Spike looked into the empty mug realizing the blood she offered him was human. “Wait, you g-gave me blood.”

“Yeah, remember? You? Vampire?”

“Yeah, but you usually gave me pigs… where?” Spike couldn’t believe that Buffy actually got human blood for him.

“Hospital, I know a guy that works at the blood bank. But I didn’t get a lot. So just go easy on it, Ok? There’s a carton from the butchers, too.” She looked shy. She got it because he looked so tired, that’s all. No other motives.

“You look tired, Slayer. Maybe you should go lay down.” Spike’s concern touched her. “I’ll even stay out of your way.”

“Oh, Spike. I wish I could, but I do have some phone calls to make. You go watch TV in my room. Don’t you usually sleep during the day?”

“Yeah, well, never was much more than a forty winks kind of guy.” Spike shrugged. Going back upstairs into her room meant another raging hard on.

“Still, go up stairs. I just have to make some calls; I’ll come up and see if you need anything in a few.” She smiled and Spike nodded. Both got up from the table and almost ran into each other. Buffy smiled as Spike let her out of the room first and she scurried into the makeshift office near the steps. Spike went upstairs to wait for her. Maybe she would hold him again. This morning was so nice, falling asleep in her arms.

After an hour and Buffy still hadn’t made her way up to her room, Spike decided to go look for her. He crept downstairs and peeked into her office. She was sitting at her desk with her face buried in her arms, snoring slightly. Spike shook his head and moved towards the sleeping figure. He picked her up easily and she started to stir. “Spike what?” Buffy looked up into his eyes as she round her arms around his neck.

“Shhh, pet. You need to sleep in a proper bed. Let me take care of you.” Buffy smiled and rested her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes. Spike couldn’t believe that she was letting him carry her up to her bedroom. He quickly went up the stairs; afraid she might wake up and come to her senses again.

Slowly he nudged her bedroom door open and strode over to her bed. Luckily, he turned down the sheets before he went down to look for her so he laid her down. She let go of his neck and curled up like a little kitten. He patted her head, letting his fingers linger on her short tresses and she stirred and said sleepily, “Spike?”

“Yeah, Slayer, it’s me.” He moved his hand away like it was about to be burned.

“Not slayer,” her eyes popped open.

“What?” Spike sat at the edge of the bed

“I said I’m not the slayer, aren’t you going to lie down, too?” He moved to the other side of the bed and lay down.

“Sure, pet, just making sure you were comfortable.” She moved across the expanse of the bed and settled right next to him, barely touching.

“Thank you for bringing me up, I must have dozed off down there.”

“Yeah, drooling and snoring, too.” Spike chuckled and smiled.

“I do not drool!” Buffy sat up and faced her tormenter.

“Do too, there’s a puddle on your desk.” His smile grew wider and the indignation she was showing.

“There is not!” She looked around guilty.

“You snore, too. Like a cute little kitten.” Spike ran one hand up her arm to her shoulder.

“I do not.” She didn’t back away.

“Want me to record it next time for you?” He reached up and put a stray hair behind her ear.

“No,” Buffy lay back down, this time his arms around her and half her body on top of his. They lay like that for a couple minutes, just enjoying touching each other again.

“You know, you will always be my Slayer.” He whispered.

“Spike, I’ll always have the powers, but no I’m not the slayer. I gave that up years ago. I’m normal girl.” Buffy moved slightly, annoyed that he brought it up again.

“You’ll never be a normal girl, you know that. How many demons have you fought since you gave it up?” He held her tighter, afraid she would pull away.

“A couple, but it isn’t like I was looking for them, we just crossed paths. Anyone would have done it.”

“Well, anyone would have tried, but you succeeded. You are still my slayer.” Spike stated and loosened his grip because it was obvious she wouldn’t leave.

“Spike, OK, I admit, I am a slayer, but I am not THE slayer, nor will I ever be again.”

“Still you are my Slayer and I’m not giving that up.” Spike said smugly.

“Fine, I’ll always be your Slayer, but I’m not the slayer.” She conceded. Spike actually won the disagreement. He was flying high.

“So, you don’t want me to call you Slayer?” Buffy nodded in agreement. “I can’t possibly call you goldilocks anymore.” Spike fondled her hair as she giggled. “Oh I know, ‘ow about kitten?”

Buffy giggled and moved her hand to rest on his un-beating heart. “Pet and kitten… I am beginning to think that you think I am not house trained.” Buffy looked up into his blue eyes.

“Oh I know you are house broken.” Spike smirked. Slowly he moved his lips down to meet hers. At first touch, their lips were tingly. Slowly he parted his lips to bring the kiss in deeper. Spike’s tongue traced the edges of Buffy’s lips. She parted her lips to allow access to his tongue. He pulled her closer as he deepened the kiss into her mouth. He gently massaged her tongue and teased it into his mouth. She moved to lie on top of his body without breaking the lip contact. Spike moaned as he moved his hands to rest on her hips. He hands were busy too. Her right hand wound itself up to the nape of his neck and played with the small hairs on the back of his neck. Her left hand was stroking his torso up and down and the kissed. Spike pulled Buffy closer and started to rotate his hips, letting her know how she was affecting him. Breaking the kiss he whispered, “Cor, Buffy, you are so hot, do you feel what you do to me?”

Buffy was breathing hard, trying to get her breath back and smiled innocently. “Could same a similar thing to you, Big Bad.”

Spike growled at her term of endearment and flipped them over so Buffy was underneath him. He moved his lips down to nibble on her ear. He gently kissed his way down to her neck and brought his hand up to Buffy’s breasts. He gently kneaded her right breast, making her nipple erect as he humped her thigh in a slow rhythm. Her hands weren’t still; she wound her arms around his waist and under his t-shirt, feeling his smooth muscles in his back work. “Spike,” Buffy gasped. When he didn’t stop, she tried to call him again. “Spike, please.”

“Oh, baby, you feel so good. Love you.” Spike whispered broken sentences.

“I know, Spike, feel so good, but we can’t.” He was still paying attention to her neck and breast. “Spike, please, we have to stop.” Buffy gently tried to push him away.

The erotic haze started to lift from Spike and he realized she said to stop. He pulled his hand away from her breast and quickly sat up. “Sorry, thought you wanted it, too.” He looked at the wall away from Buffy’s position on the bed.

She got up and raised her hand to the back of his shoulder, “Spike.”

“Sorry.” He mumbled again. He almost did it again. She said No and he kept going.

Reading what he must be feeling and thinking she tried to help. “Spike, it’s not that I don’t want to. I do a world of want.” Spike relaxed listening to her.

“Then why?”

“Because I want to too much.”

“Ha, no such thing.” Spike turned around to face her.

“Yes, Spike. I want to, a lot. But we can’t. There is just so much we still need to talk about.”

“We can talk and shag.” Spike offered with his eyebrow raised.

“Um, no… that’s not what I mean. Spike, please, we need to talk before we move there.” Buffy looked down shyly.

“Alright, Slay… kitten. Lie back down and get some sleep. Promise the Big Bad wont pounce on you and ravage you.”

“I thought kittens pounce?” Buffy lay down.

“I promised the Big Bad wouldn’t, I didn’t say anything about sexy little kittens.” Spike winked and lay back down too. “Now, get some sleep, Kitten. We have to talk later.” Both laid on the bed, snuggled up to each other. Finally, Spike sensed Buffy’s heartbeat and breath slow down to sleep mode and he finally succumbed to sleep also.