Chapter 17: Sweet Dreams

They were on the beach. Spike held Buffy on his chest as they watched the sunset over the horizon. A picnic basket was to their left with a bottle of champagne sticking out and two partially empty flute glasses on top. Buffy ran her tips of her fingers over Spike’s chest, teasing his nipples. Spike ran his hands down her back and up, slowly marking he back with sensual circles from the tips of his fingers. Buffy looked up into Spike’s eyes and smiled as she brought her head to rest inches away from his own. Very carefully, Buffy reached down to caress his hard erection. “Now, now, pet, mustn’t do that.”

Buffy pouted her bottom lip as far as it would go. “Oh watch it, going to get it, going to get it.” Spike brought his hands to her sides and tickled her until she squealed his name. He stopped his fingers and brought her body closer to kiss her mouth. Slowly she parted her lips to tease his lips with her tongue. His hands wound their way into her short tresses and he guided her mouth down to his neck, letting her nibble on the most sensitive parts of his skin. “Beauti… beautiful. That’s what you are.” He gasped for unneeded air as she trailed her mouth around his neck. He hands found their way back down to his waist and started to unbutton his jeans. He brought his hands up to her shoulders and slowly pushed her away. “Let me get that, kitten.” Swiftly, Spike divested himself of his clothes and started on her clothes. Suddenly, they were laying there next to each other naked. Timidly, Spike touched Buffy’s breast and caressed it. “Gorgeous.”

She brought his head down to be even with her nipple and whispered, “Yours.” He took the offered nipple in his mouth and started to suckle erotically. He moved his hand down to her pussy and started to massage the wet folds with his palm. She moved her leg to put some pressure on his erection as he massaged her. He parted her sweet lips with his fingers and started to rub deeper. “Spike… need you.” Buffy whispered. He brought his head up from her breasts and looked deep into her eyes. Finding desire and love, he kissed her deeply, letting his tongue make love to her mouth.

“Baby you got me. I’m yours.” Spike moved to position himself at her wet opening. He slowly inched his way into her heat. “God you are so hot… My bloody sun… going to burn me, baby.” Spike gasped as he entered her. Buffy arched her back and whimpered at the slow pace Spike was setting.

“Need… you… now.” She kept chanting as her inner muscles quivered around his cock. Spike couldn’t stand it anymore. The things her muscles were doing were driving him mad. He slowly pulled out and plunged back in. He moved faster as she encouraged him to go faster and harder. He took the back of her knee and brought it up underneath him and hooked her calf around his shoulder.

“Oh baby. Feel so good. Like that?” Buffy bucked at the new position as Spike found her special spot. She closed her eyes as fireworks erupted in her mind. Spike slowed his pace, as he felt her muscles contract uncontrollable. Suddenly, he felt himself go and roared his primal roar.

The two bodies on the bed jumped apart as they woke up from a fantastic dream only to realize it wasn’t so much of a dream. Buffy’s shirt laying on the bedside lamp, her shorts and underwear at the bottom of the bed. Spike’s jeans were around his knees and he was shirtless too. “OH MY GOD, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod” Buffy chanted as Spike regained his senses. They just had sex. Probably the best sex they ever have had and they slept through it. “ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod.”

“Stop saying ohmygod, Slayer. That was bloody wonderful, pet.”

“ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod.” She chanted as she got up and put her clothes back on.

“Oh so that’s ‘ow it is, is it?” There was a knock at the bedroom door.

“Spike, Buffy? Are you two OK?”

“Dawn?” Buffy answered about to open the door but at the last moment changed her mind. Spike was still on the bed, but had his jeans back on.

“Yeah, I heard Spike yell or something. Is he in there? I couldn’t find him anywhere else in the house.” Behind the door, Dawn smirked. She knew exactly what just happened and why they weren’t opening the door. “Are you two alright?”

“Um, yeah, Dawn. Spike just… ummm…. Stubbed his toe. Yeah. He just stubbed his toe, but he is OK now. Right Spike?” Buffy looked over at the vampire sitting on her bed. He nodded, at a loss for words. “Say something,” she whispered.

“Yeah, stubbed my bloody toe. No big deal.” Spike crossed his arms over his chest. She was ashamed of what happened. Ready to kick the Spike and run out.

“Ok, going back out to the deck, now.” Dawn ran down the steps. Something wasn’t right in the bedroom, but she didn’t want to investigate it yet.

Buffy walked over to the bathroom and closed the door. She looked into the mirror, trying to find the answers to her thoughts there. They just slept together again before they could talk. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Need to talk first. Sleeping before talking, bad. Very bad. Suddenly, the door swung opened and revealed a very pissed off vampire. “Back to hiding, huh, pet?”

One look into his eyes, she melted. “Spike, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

“Yeah, well you did. Care to clue me into why you profess that you stopped running and want me but then run away? Because from where I am standing, you just did run off like you don’t want me.”

“No, Spike.” She waved her arm in front of him, like a shield.

“No? Huh, is that so, Slayer?”

“No, I mean yes… no wait.” She took a deep breath trying to calm the emotions in her head. “What I mean is that I didn’t mean to sleep with you.”

“Oh is that so, I’m so bad.” Spike stalked out of her bathroom and started to pick up his clothes and throw them into his duffle bag.

“Oh God. SPIKE! Stop, please listen.” He stopped but didn’t turn around to face her. “I didn’t mean to sleep with you until we talked. That’s it. I’m embarrassed ok?” He turned around to look at her pleading eyes. “I haven’t… I haven’t been with someone for so long and… and I’m embarrassed, OK? I jumped your bones while sleeping.” Spike’s face broke out in a wide smirk and he started to laugh, not some quiet chuckle, but a full laugh. “What’s so funny? Huh? Oh sure. Chuckle it up at my expense.” Buffy turned swiftly and locked herself into the bathroom. She turned on the faucets to the tub and sat down on the edge of the tub. He body racked with tremors as her eyes poured tears down her cheeks. The humiliation that he just bestowed on her just put the final nail in his coffin. No matter what happened in the past, she didn’t deserve this. She just thought it was one of her dreams, one that she had many times. There was a quiet knock on the bathroom door, but she didn’t move to answer. The knocking became louder and more persistent. “Go away!”

“I will not bloody go away. Open this door.”

“Why, what for so you can laugh at me again. I don’t think so.” The tremors in her body subsided, but her tears were still running down her face.

“Open. The. God. Damn. Bloody. Door. Before. I. Kick. It. Down. SLAYER.” Spike flexed his arm, ready to punch a hole through it.

Suddenly the door whipped open to reveal a very angry woman. “You.” She jabbed his chest with her finger. “Will. Not.” Another jab. “Ruin.” Jab. “My.” Jab. “Property.” He moved away and hit the bed. He topped down, sitting on the messed up bed.

“Then don’t lock yourself away, kitten. Come here.” He spread his arms out, beckoning her to come to him.

Buffy moved two steps closer and then shook her head and move back. “No, get out.” She moved to go back into the bathroom.

Spike got up and quickly got to her before she could close the door again. “Not uh, pet. Not going to ‘happen.” He carried her from behind, pinning her arms to her chest. He moved to sit back down, but this time with her in his lap. “Now, tell me what I did to make you so angry.”

“I. You… Oh let go of me.” Buffy struggled.

“Nut uh. Not going to happen until I know why you locked yourself away.”

“You know what you did! Let go of me you stupid vampire!” She yelled as she struggled, trying to scratch his arms with her nails.

“No, pet, I don’t, but if my kitten keeps on trying to scratch me, I’m going to have to get her de-clawed.”

“You laughed at me. Humiliated me. Let. Go. Of. Me!?”

Spike let go, but she didn’t move to get up. He put his hands on her shoulders and started to massage the tension in her back, “Look at me, kitten.” She turned around to look at him. “I wasn’t laughing at you, I was laughing because you thought you jumped me and I thought I jumped you. See? Ironic? Isn’t that funny?” He smoothed her hair away from her face. “I would never try to humiliate you, pet. Please believe me. I was embarrassed because I was asleep and didn’t even wake up during it. You have nothing to be embarrassed about.”

Buffy looked into his eyes, trying to read what she saw in them. Finally satisfied that he was sincere and didn’t mean to hurt her, she smiled and relaxed. “Spike, I didn’t… I mean. I really wanted us to have before we… well what we just did.” Buffy looked away shyly.

“Buffy, as far as I am concerned. We really didn’t have control of what was happening. I assume you thought it was a dream?” She nodded, “So did I, luv. As amazing as it was, it really wasn’t us, now was it?” She smiled and nodded. “So we can still have out talk, OK? No worries about it, OK?” She wound her arms around his neck and nodded. He held her tight as they both tried to let go the demons raging in their heads.