Chapter 19: Nightlife

After dinner, the three friends were sitting on Buffy’s deck, watching the surf roll in before it got too dark. Buffy made daiquiris for Dawn and her while Spike nursed his beer. Dawn talked about school and her latest boyfriend. Every so often Buffy would hazard a glance in Spike’s direction only to find him staring back intently at her. He told
The girls of the trials he endured to earn getting the chip removed and his soul. The girls were enthralled with his story telling. Buffy sat there listening to the two guests share their stories with her.

Around nine, Dawn suggested that they hit the nightclubs and show Spike a good time. Spike and Buffy agreed and the girls went up stairs to get ready. Finishing off his beer, Spike wandered around Buffy’s living room. He didn’t get a good chance last night and this afternoon because of the sun. On the interior wall there was a large entertainment center with all the latest popular gadgets and a big screen TV. He moved over to sit on one of her comfy couches and noticed two picture frames. One held a picture of the Scooby’s. Spike figured it was before the Hell Bitch, Glory, came into town and took away Buffy. He noticed the carefree looks each of the subjects held. Xander and Anya looked happy and in love. Willow looked amused. Tara wasn’t present, must have been before they got together. Giles looked annoyed, but happy. Buffy had the biggest grin on her face. The happiness reached her eyes and shown through. This was a little girl that evolved to the beautiful creature upstairs. He never thought Buffy would turn out so beautiful: mind, body, and spirit. She is so strong, even now when she doesn’t have to fight the monsters that plagued her life. The other picture was taken at a beach with her mom, Joyce, Dawn, and Buffy. They all looked happy to be together. Spike silently promised to take care of the Summer’s women, even if he sacrificed himself for it. He quickly put the frame down as he heard Dawn lumber down the stairs. She came into the room wearing a brown halter dress with a short skirt that barely covered her unmentionables. Her long hair was pulled up to the nap of her neck in a clip. She was definitely a young woman.

She did a twirl and asked, “So how do I look?”

“Very nice, pet.” Spike knew he would be beating off the boys with how she was looking.

“Only nice, huh? It used to be Buffy’s, but I snagged it before she moved out.” Dawn shrugged as she sat down to put her shoes on. Buffy walked into the room. She was wearing an emerald green short sleeved dress with a sweetheart neckline and a hemline right above her knees.

“Cor, you look gorgeous.” Spike exclaimed as Buffy walked past him to sit down and put her shoes on.

“Oh, I see. She gets a gorgeous but all I get is a very nice. I see how it is.” Dawn chided Spike.

“Pet, if you left something to the imagination, you might get more than a very nice. But you didn’t” Spike gently chided back to let her know how she looked. He was still staring at the beautiful woman to his side.

“It used to be Buffy’s dress. I bet you would have said it looked gorgeous on her.”

“Actually he told me I looked like a slut when I wore it, too. Why do you think I didn’t argue when you said you wanted it?” Buffy giggled and pinched Spike’s arm.

“When did you wear that dress?” Spike looked over at his love.

“Oh, a couple times. Once when we were… um… meeting at your crypt and I… um….” Buffy was obviously embarrassed.

“You were what?” Spike raised his eyebrow. Buffy moved over and cupped her hand over his ear and whispered something. Spike choked as his eyes got wide. If he could blush, his face would be fire engine red. “And you let her wear that after we…” He shook his head as Buffy giggled.

“You did what?” Dawn demanded. “Am I going too wigged out? No don’t tell me. I like this dress; I don’t want to burn it.” Buffy giggled and got up, indicating to them that she was ready.

~*~*~*~
The trio walked into the noisy club, by passing the bouncer and cover charge since Buffy owned it. She headed over to the V.I.P. table and indicted for her two guests to sit. She headed over to the bar to get some drinks. Spike and Dawn sat down at the table with a wrap around booth, looking out onto the club. The dancers were mainly teenagers getting their grove on before curfew. Luckily, there were a couple older couples coming in, starting their night off early. Sam walked over to the table with a beer, a shot of tequila, a daiquiri, and water. “Sorry, guys, Lizzy got held up in the kitchen. She ordered these for you. Just let me know if you want anything else. Oh, and do you guys want anything to eat?”

Dawn perked up, “NACHOS!!”

“Anything else? Spike?” Spiked looked at the young man warily. He was part of Buffy’s life and Spike had no idea what it was like. He only spent 24 hours with the new her, this man knew her better.

“Got any of those onion things?” Sam nodded. “Oh, and spicy buffalo wings.”

“Sure thing, man.” Sam turned around and headed back to the bar.

“Possessive much?” Dawn asked as she sipped at her frozen concoction.

“Just don’t know about him, pet. He’s part of Buffy’s life that I just don’t know about. And he calls her Lizzy.” Spike rolled his eyes at the distasteful name.

“Yeah, I know. This is nothing like the life Buffy used to live. As for Lizzy, I got used to calling her that too. She lets Buffy slide at home, but in public, especially here, she is Liz, Lizzy, or Elizabeth.”

“Yeah, don’t have to like it. Lizzy” He shuddered. “What do you know about the bloke?”

“Sam?” Spike nodded. “Oh, he’s real nice. You met his daughter, Jenna today.” Spike nodded again. “Well let’s see. He worked here when Buffy first came to the island. I guess they struck up a friendship immediately. He helped her get the job here without previous experience. He has a nasty ex wife, but from this morning I am sure you got that. She refused to let him see Jenna. He went to court trying to get his rights back, but she kept bringing up his past and he kept getting denied. I guess to the courts, it didn’t matter that he got his life back on track, to them he still was a screw up.”

“What did ‘e do?”

“I don’t know. It was never discussed, but he did go to jail for a couple years. Anyway, he was having a terrible time with getting Jenna. Then poof, Buffy inherited all the money from the guy that owned this place. She vowed to help him and hired him the best lawyer that she could. Again, poof. He started to get visitation without a court order. I guess the bitch thought they would drag her into court to take away her rights since she wasn’t as upstanding as she made her self out to be. But all they did was drag them into court to get equal rights. Sam didn’t want Jenna to be cut off from her mom; he just wanted to be part of Jenna’s life.”

“He sounds OK,” Spike said dejectedly. He wanted to hate Sam. He knew Sam had feelings for Buffy. His Buffy.

“Yeah, he is.”

“Here you go!” A waitress plopped down their tasty treats. Spike looked up and realized it was Buffy. He moved to let her sit in the booth next to him.

“Sorry, guys. A minor disagreement in the kitchen. But all is well now.” She snagged a piece of the flowering onion.

“Oi, pet. That’s mine. Order one yourself.” He tried to smack her hand away.

“Awe. Poor Spikey. Big Bad Liz is trying to steal a piece of your onion.” Buffy joked.

“Hey Buffy I’ll share with you. The nachos are too big to eat by myself.” Buffy’s eye’s got wide and she smiled.

“Thank you, Dawn. Good to know where my true friends are.” Buffy smirked over to Spike and stuck out her tongue. To Spike’s dismay, she got up and moved across the table to sit next to Dawn. Grabbing a nacho she stated, “MMM, much better than the stupid fried onion. Plus, I made this while I was back there, so I know it is good.” Buffy smiled sweetly at Spike as he scowled at her change of positions.

“Really? Are you sure it isn’t poisoned, luv. Because we all know she can’t cook.” Spike smirked at Dawn.

“Oh, nasty, evil vampire.” Buffy pouted. “The nachos are not poisoned. But I can’t guarantee your wings aren’t.”

“Seriously, Spike you have to try a nacho. They are the best. Buffy’s famous recipe.” Dawn said proudly. Her sister combined the best of all the nachos she ever tasted. They were very spicy, yet not overpowering. Spike scooted closer to Dawn and grabbed a chip with the ingredients on it. He took a bite and closed his eyes. His mouth was watering as the spicy chip made its way down his throat. It was even better than the damn onion that made Buffy switch places.

“You did not make that, its good.” He smirked at Buffy.

“I did, too. Just because I couldn’t cook before doesn’t mean I haven’t learned. I made dinner, didn’t I?” She crossed her arms on her chest a little mad that he was making fun of her.

“Yeah, but dinner doesn’t even compare to those nachos!”

“Yeah, go ahead and eat your stupid fried onion and wings. You can’t have any more nachos, since I made them and they MUST be poison.” Buffy stuck out her tongue. He went back to his food and took a buffalo wing. He chomped down angrily and realized it was the best wing he ever had. He closed his eyes in ecstasy. The wing was divine. If Spike didn’t know better he thought it was the Devil’s recipe himself. “I hope you don’t mind. I made those extra spicy for you. Also my recipe, thank you very much.” Buffy said proudly.

“Cor, you made these, too?” Spike looked from Buffy to the plate of wings.

“Yeah, well. What do you think was taking me so long?” Buffy huffed with indignation. How dare he question her skills.

Dawn had enough. “Ok, back to your corners. Spike, eat your wings and Buffy, help me with the nachos. I declare peace.” Buffy and Spike chuckled as Dawn tried to calm them down.

“OK, guys. I need to ask you something. No one here knows of Buffy. Please use Liz. OK?” Dawn nodded, forgetting about her request.

“I refuse to,” Spike answered as he chomped down on another wing. Half the plate disappeared already.

“Please? No on here will know who you are talking about if you call me Buffy. Why?” She took the bait.

“Because it isn’t your name, kitten. I refuse to call you a sissy name like Liz or Lizzy.”

“Spike, my name isn’t cor, pet, luv, or kitten either, but that doesn’t stop you.”

“But those aren’t sissy. And those are my names for you.” Spike finished the plate with in a minute. He smacked his lips and moved to the fried flower onion.

“And Buffy isn’t sissy?” She was getting mad that he refused to abide by her request.

“Well, yeah, but that’s the name your mum gave you, so it’s OK.”

“How about Elizabeth? Buffy is just a shortened version of it. Please Spike?” She gave him the best impression of Dawn’s doe eyes and fluttered her eyelashes at him.

“Come over here and sit next to me and I will think about it.” He smirked as he finally found a way to get her to go back to her original seat.

“Not if you are going to be calling me Buffy.” She shook her head amazed that he was trying to blackmail her.

“How’s this, luv. I won’t call you Liz, Lizzy, or Buffy. I’ll think of using ‘Lizabeth. Just get you luscious ass over here.” He demanded as Dawn choked on her drink.

“Spike! How could you!” Buffy squeaked as Dawn tried to breathe calmly.

“Lizzy, get up, I need to go to the bathroom. Someone just made me spit up my drink!” Buffy got up to let Dawn scoot out of the booth.

Buffy sat back down and went to scold Spike at his outlandish comment, but he wasn’t in his old position. Instead he slid himself over, impossibly close to where she was sitting and grabbing a nacho. “So you made these, sugar lips? Very good, I must say.”

“Sugar lips?”

“Yeah my new name for you. Come ‘ere and let me taste.” He snaked his arm around her shoulder bringing her body even closer to him.

“Spike, I can’t believe you said that in front of Dawn!” She looked at him. His lips were only a couple inches away from his.

“Awe, pet. Come sit by me, I promise to let you have some onion. I was just teasing you.”

“Nut uh, Mister. You were a very bad man, making Dawn spit out her drink.” She chided him once more before she let him slide her over in front of his plates, his arm never leaving her shoulders.

“What can I say, my kitten. I am a very bad, rude man.”

“No you aren’t. I know you better than that. If I sit here, promise not to embarrass me with anymore talk like that? Promise?”

“All right, pet. If you sit next to me, I won’t be making with the embarrassing talk in front of Dawn. But you know what? You really do have a luscious ass.” He swooped down to capture her lips before she could stop him. He gently prodded her mouth with his spicy tongue demanding entry. She opened her mouth to protest, but that allowed him the access he was seeking. He tasted like wings, beer, and cigarettes. She moved her hands up to his chest trying to push him away without rejection. Slowly, he ended the kiss.

“Not right now, Spike. This is where I work. I don’t need any harassment about making out with you.”

“I’ll beat anyone up, my candied yam.” She choked at the new nickname. “Fine, just sit back and let me ‘old you.” Buffy settled back into his embrace as a waitress came up to the table.

“Can I get you anything, Miss Summers?” She asked nervously. Sam sent her over here five minutes ago, but they were making out and she didn’t want to disturb them.

“Yeah, thanks, Marci. Call me Liz or Lizzy. Everyone does. I’d like Corona Special. And, ummm…. We could probably use another strawberry daiquiri. Spike, do you want anything?” She looked over at Spike and batted her eyelashes.

“Another beer and tequila shot. Oh, how about some bourbon too?” The waitress nodded and walked away. Spike really didn’t want to get drunk, but the feel of Buffy next to him was making him horny. If he couldn’t alleviate that, he might be able to get so pissed that he didn’t know he was horny. Dawn came back from the bathroom with a smile on her face. She purposely waited to come back to let them have some alone time. She knew they had sex in the afternoon, even if they weren’t admitting it. Spike and Buffy were just too hands on with each other for that not to happen. Plus both of them yelled out in passion earlier. The waitress came back with their drink order. The club was starting to fill with patrons as the clocked neared 11:30. The younger set started to leave as the older set filed in for some fun. Spike was content to sit; drinking and holding Buffy close as they watched the crowd change. Two men have already come up and asked Dawn to dance. During that time, Spike would whisper dirty limericks in Buffy’s ear until she was laughing uncontrollably. When Dawn would come back, she would find tears in Buffy’s eyes and a wide smile on both their faces. Spike promised not to say embarrassing stuff in front of Dawn, but when she left the table, he could play.

After midnight, Spike quietly asked Buffy to dance. She complied and they headed out to the dance floor. The DJ changed the tune to a slow romantic song. Truth be told, neither could tell what the song was because they were lost in each others arms. Spike moved Buffy up close to his body and held her waist tightly. He swayed with her in his arms. She put her head on his shoulder breathing in his scent and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, trying to get closer. Spike moved his head down to her ear. “Pet, do you think we could go for a walk and talk?”

Buffy raised her head. “Walk and talk huh?” He nodded. “I don’t want to leave Dawn here alone. Maybe after she is ready to go we can take a walk on the beach?” Spike nodded. He really did want to talk. He wanted to tell her that he loved her more than ever and he wanted to know how she felt.

After the song ended, Spike lead Buffy back to the table. He sat down scooting to let Buffy sit next to him. Buffy shook her head and told them someone just signaled for her to go into the back. She left the two to the table full of empty drinks, a slightly buzzed vampire, and one very tipsy woman. “Nibblet, you think that you want to go home soon?” Dawn looked questionably at him. “I want to go for a walk to clear our heads and talk, but Buffy won’t until we get home. Please, Bit? You’ve ‘ad your dances.” Spike never thought he would be begging to Dawn. She pretended to think about it and then nodded. She wanted to go home too. She had too much to drink and she knew it. Spike smiled, he was going to get his talk sooner than he thought. Now all they had to do was find Buffy. Another couple songs played and Spike started to get antsy, where was Buffy. Impatiently, he got up and walked over to the bar that Sam was stationed. “Hey, mate. Know where Buf… I mean… ‘Lizabeth is?” Spike caught himself.

“In the back, I think. Here let me show you.” Sam let Spike behind the bar and motioned to a door. They walked past the kitchen and up some stairs. Sam motioned for Spike to go into an office.

As he entered he noticed Buffy sitting at a desk on the phone. He suppressed a laugh when he noticed she was wearing small wire rimmed glasses. “Giles, I can’t understand you. What? What are you talking about? You are breaking up. Giles? Why don’t I call you tomorrow? Giles? Are you there?” Buffy hung up the phone. “Guess not. Hey there, Handsome. Come and find me?” Spike nodded. “Sorry. Got a phone call from Giles, but couldn’t understand him. Something about Traci, but I had no idea what he was talking about.”

“Awe, kitten. You can call him when you get home. Let’s go. Dawn’s ready.” He offered his arm and led her back down to the club.