Chapter 22: Sweet Bliss

Spike was watching Buffy sleep. She was magnificent. Last night was amazing. He never thought that they would ever have something so deep, so awesome, and so right. He let her sleep ever couple hours before he would wake her up with his head in between her legs. She kept up with him, matching his passion each time. She let him make love to her a couple times, slow and sweet. He let her have the upper hand and watched her bounce and come on top of him. She was magnificent. He was made for loving her. His demon even kept himself at bay as she pleasured him in all imaginable ways.

Buffy started to stir. Her thighs were sore. That hasn’t happened in a long time. Then she remembered Spike and the things they did. Upside down, backwards, upright, 69, front wards. He was always very imaginative when it came to sex. She groaned and buried her head as she remembered he kept her up almost all night making love to her. Each time was different. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Sometimes hard bringing an earth shattering orgasm, other times it was a soft building of an orgasm, both bringing her to tears.

He shifted, knowing she was awake but keeping her eyes closed. He brought his hand up to her stomach and laid it about her belly button. “’ere kitty, kitty. I know you are awake, kitty.” He petted her stomach, rubbing the palm of his hand across her belly ring on the down sweep.

Buffy knew it was no use pretending she was asleep, he knew better. She stretched her arms and legs out, stretching her sore muscles. “Mmm, morning.” She purred.

“Morning, luv. How did you sleep, my kitten of mine?” He reached over to bring her body close to his.

She cuddled closer to his hard body. “Sleep? What’s that? Because I don’t remember.”

“Shh, pet. Dawns up. And I know you don’t want her to come in ‘ere.” Buffy looked up at Spike.

“What time is it?”

“’Bout ten.” He let his hands drift around her body, eliciting tiny moans from her mouth.

“Hmmm, too early…sleep more.” She cuddled deeper into his arms, trying to ignore his roaming hands.

“Sleep? Is that what you want to do?”

“Yeah, sleepy. Someone kept me up late last night.”

“So you are saying that you didn’t enjoy staying up all night, because I know a certain part of me certainly didn’t mind staying up all night. And look at the devil, he’s up again.” He ground his erection against her thigh.

“Oh, no you don’t mister. I deserve some sleep or I won’t be any good to you.”

“So you don’t like waking up like this?” He mock pouted.

“Mmmm, I love waking up to this. In fact I wouldn’t mind waking up like this every morning.” He turned her body around so she would face him.

“Kitten,” he kissed the top of her nose. “I think I can arrange that.” Spike swooped down to capture her lips in another mind blowing kiss. Suddenly, the phone rang. “Ignore it, pet,” he said between kisses. “I can arrange it forever, sweets.” Buffy and Spike were lost in their world, not hearing Dawn pick up the phone.

“Forever?” Buffy pulled away. “You aren’t thinking…?”

“Nah, pet. Only if you wanted to. But I can make it as forever as we can. ‘ow does that sound?”

“Perfect…” Lost in another kiss.

KNOCK KNOCK “Buffy, umm, sorry, but it is Giles… he’s pretty upset.”

“K, Dawn. I’ll get it in here… SHIT, just when we were getting to the good part.” Spike chuckled as Buffy struggled to sit up and grab the phone.

“Hey Giles. Sorry I didn’t get back… Oh, I’m sorry to hear… that’s just awful… no, I understand… of course… I see… yes, I can see your point… no… of course not… I have a couple things I need… no, won’t take long… yes, see you soon… again, sorry about…” CLICK.

“What was that, pet?” Spike asked curiously. The conversation went sour very quickly.

“Traci…” She mumbled.

“What about her?” Spike tried to pull her back into his embrace, but she just sat ridged.

“She died last night.” Buffy got up to get dressed.

“Oh, so that means?” Spike got up and put his jeans on.

“It means the hell mouth is without a slayer.”

“The Scooby’s can take care of that.” Spike started to get upset as Buffy left the room to go downstairs. He followed.

“Spike, they have lives of their own. Families.” Buffy said as she entered the kitchen. The sun hadn’t risen too far so the back rooms were safe for Spike to enter.

“Like you don’t have a life? What ‘bout what we were saying upstairs before the watcher called?”

“Spike, I can’t rely on someone else to do my job for me.”

“Hey guys, what was up with Giles?” Dawn walked into the house. She was lounging on the deck.

“The slayer died, Nibblet and your sister thinks that it’s her fault.”

“I do not!” Buffy exclaimed. “This isn’t happening. I’m sorry Spike, but as much as I hate to admit it, it’s my responsibility to protect the hell mouth from the nasties.”

“So what does that mean? Nothing we said means anything other than boo?” Spike stalked over to Buffy, standing only six inches from her.

“Spike, that’s not what I meant! I want forever. I do.”

“Then what do you mean then, slayer?” He lifted his eyebrow. She claimed since she wasn’t the only slayer she couldn’t be called it. Now she was the only slayer.

“I mean I have to go back to that hell hole again! That’s what I mean!” She started to sob as the reality hit her. “I… have… to… give… up… my… my… life… here.”

“Shhh, kitten. It’ll be all right. We’ll go back. Train the new bit and you’ll come back. It’ll be OK.” He soothed her back and held her tight against him.

“You really mean it?” Buffy looked up at him.

“Of course, baby. I meant it; you can’t get rid of me. I’m yours.” He let her change positions as she brought her hands around his neck and nuzzled his neck.

“That sounds nice…. Yours… forever…” The two embraced holding on to each other as Dawn rolled her eyes and walked upstairs to pack.

They were headed back to Sunnydale. Together. Forever.

The End

A/n: This was my first ever fanfiction, so please be kind with the word choices & style. Other than that, feed back is appreciated.