Chapter 5: Vacation Slides
The group made their way into the living room. Dawn made popcorn and was walking in with a VHS tape, “Oh, Hawaii was so nice. I can’t wait to show you. Of course, the tape doesn’t do it justice. Everything was so colorful.” Dawn was excited to show the movie Buffy and her made while Dawn visited her. “Oh and Buff’s friend works for a local TV station and helped me put it together. It was awesome.” The group smirked at the young woman standing before them.

“Put the tape in already and let us see,” Willow snickered when Dawn finally took pause to breathe.

“Rude, much,” Dawn huffed. For the next hour, the group watched the TV watching the two sisters frolic and have fun. They all were memorized by the scenes of scuba diving, Dawn’s first try at surfing, the various nightlife establishments, and Buffy’s house. Sitting back with the remote, Dawn hit the rewind button. “Wow, Dawnie, it looks like you had fun. Who was the hot guy teaching you how to surf?”

“Oh, that is Sam, Buffy’s friend that I was telling you about that helped me with the tape.” The all looked around. Did Buffy finally have a new ‘friend?’ “Oh, geeze, guys. It’s not like that!” Dawn saw what they were all thinking. “He is just a friend, just like Xander. He also works at the ‘Forrest.” Dawn said proudly.

“Oh, that’s the club Buffy works at, right?” Xander quipped.

“Umm, yeah, actually, she didn’t tell you?” Dawn looked around trying to find someone that knew.

Giles spoke up, “Actually, Xander, Buffy inherited it a couple months ago. She didn’t want everyone to know, in case something happened to it.” Giles looked around, waiting for a response.

“Yeah, the guy that owned it, really liked Buffy, and when he passed away, gave it to her in his will. It’s a really awesome club, too. It has this really long bar and a couple small ones, all these exotic colors and plants, and an awesome dance floor. The place is packed every night!” Dawn excitedly rambled. She was so excited to see her sister so happy. “Oh, and it makes so much money, she is going to quit the travel mag bis. She said when she officially has made it past the one year mark; she is going to quit writing and start diversifying her holdings, whatever that means.” The gang was quiet. They all were reeling with the information Giles and Dawn have provided.

“She has lots of money?” Ayna asked a little miffed. It wasn’t fair that Ayna didn’t have the money. At that moment a knock came from the front door. Dawn got up to see who was at the door. When she opened the door, he faced brightened.

“Oh my god, what did you do to your hair?” Dawn squealed while she hugged the visitor

Traci shrugged and said, “Oh, got sick of the same old, hey is Giles here?” Dawn nodded and stepped aside for the slayer to enter.

“T-traci, this is a surprise. What’s going on?” The watcher knew something was up, he had a feeling all night. Not a bad feeling, just a weird feeling.

“Guess who is back in town and not looking too good?” She plopped in one of the free chairs with her leg casually draped across the arm of the chair.

Instantly, Giles knew what the feeling meant. “Spike,” he whispered. At Traci’s nod, he sighed.

“Spike, is here? Oh no, you better keep him away from me,” Dawn shook her finger at everyone. She still hasn’t accepted or forgiven him for leaving or for what he did or tried to do to Buffy.

“Yeap, I told him to come see you tomorrow at the Magic Box. He seemed, I don’t know… lost.”

“Lost, how?”

“Like he was seeing a ghost. He just kept starring at me. Almost like he was afraid of me. He backed away from me.” The group all exchanged glances. Spike back in town was not good. The all mentally tried to remember if they did the uninvited spell on their respective homes.

“W-well, I guess I am going to have a visitor tomorrow night. I suggest you all stay inside at night. Who knows why he is back.” Giles thoughtfully concluded. Everyone jumped up and made a quick exit. All thinking the same thing ‘Thank God Buffy isn’t anywhere near here.’