Chapter2

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I get to start since I didn't have my turn."

Buffy gave him the look. "You are such a baby."

He grinned. "I know. Now be quiet, I'm thinking.---Are you wearing a bra?"

"What?" Buffy shouldn't have been shocked, but she was. "That's not a good question."

"Says you."

"I am *not* answering---."

"You have to, it's the rule, honest answers."

"You're such a pig---of course I am. Satisfied?"

He looked glum as he slumped back. "Not really."

She gave him the look again. "My turn. Why do you breathe when you don't need to?"

"Don't know, habit maybe. When I get nervous, angry or excited it just happens. Alright then, hmmm.---Do you sleep in the buff,--Buff?", he smirked evilly.

She sneered. "Funny---these are lame questions, you know that, don’t you?"

"Yeah, I know.---Well, do ya?"

"Sometimes.---Now let's get serious. We are supposed to learn something new about one another. Ten something news."

"I'm hungry," Spike growled as he pushed himself up off the chair.

"Well, that's nothing new. Go on, hurry it up." He made his way to the fridge, taking forever as he stood peering in and scanning the contents. "Aha." He came back to the table with leftover hot wings from the previous Saturday evening. "My turn," he mumbled around a bite.

"No---you asked the stupid naked Buffy question."

He smiled. "Oh, right. Continue then."

"So what's your full name, William?"

"Don't member", was his muffled response.

Her eyes got big. "You lie. There is no way---".

"Oh, bloody hell woman. It's William Edward."

"That's not all of it." She sat back and crossed her legs and arms at the same time.

"How do you know?" he glared at her over a half eaten wing.

"I just do---now spill or I'll find out if you are ticklish." she pointed her finger directly towards him.

"You wouldn't dare." She got up and proceeded to reach for his ribs with long, slender fingers.

He scooted back. "Okay, okay, it's William Edward Winters---the third."

"Oh, so you were named after your father and his father, I assume. How nice." She started to giggle.

"What's so bleeding funny?"

"Winters"

"S'not funny---I'll have you know it is a proper English name." He was pouting with that cute bottom lip sticking out.

"No, no." She pointed to him then to herself.---"Winters---Summers."

He cocked his head. "Huh, I hadn't thought about it. How strange.”

Quickly, the new revelation disappeared. “---Well, it's my turn."

She pointed at him and gave him the look again. "No more naked questions, or else."

"Got it. So---what did you want to be when you were little?"

"Dorothy Hamill," she said dreamily.

He scrunched his forehead. "Huh?"

"Oh, she was an Olympic ice skater. I wanted to be her."

"Oh---cute."

"Did you just say cute?"

"Yeah---you would have looked cute. Is that alright?" he huffed.

She sighed. "It's just that sometimes I never know when you're being nice or being a pig."

"Well, then you really don't know me, slayer. I may sound like a jerk but most of the time it's sincere. Just the way I am, take it or leave it."

"Now I know, I guess. It's my question. How old were you when you were turned?"

He thought for a moment. "Let's see. I had been out of university for almost two years."

Buffy looked surprised. "You were a student?"

"Hey, that's another question. One per turn and I haven't answered the last one."

"Just surprised me that's all. Imagining you as a college boy."

"What's so strange about it?"

"Oh, nothing. Answer the question, please."

"Now that's surprising."

"What?"

"You actually saying please." He smirked in her general direction."

"Shut up---answer."

"Now there's the Buffy we all know and love---26. How old were you when you found out you were a slayer?"

"15. I was a freshman in high school in LA. My watcher, Merrick, found me there and started training me.---Have we asked 10 questions yet?"

"Heh, hardly. Think that was only three apiece."

"Yeah, with a little extra on the side. Well, it looks to be a long evening. It's break time, bathroom, munchies, and move to more comfortable seating. I think we are in for the long haul." She got up to use the bathroom as he went into the kitchen again and muttered under his breath, "Nice choice of words. Long haul."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*