Chapter 31


After an nice hot shower, William dressed and went downstairs.

“Breakfast?”

“Oh Joyce, you have me spoiled!”

“Would you like the works – eggs and bacon?” Joyce asked with a smile

“Much as I’d like to say yes, I think coffee, juice and maybe toast will do just fine!”

“Sure – you could have pancakes – cereals?”

“I’ll stick with the toast, but thanks!”

“Did you say pancakes mom?”

“Sure honey”

“Great – help me lay the table Will?”

William laid out the cutlery and the glasses while Buffy placed napkins on side plates.

“What would you be doing if you were in England William, would you be out in the snow?” Joyce asked, fetching in the coffee pot

“Actually, despite popular belief, white Christmas’s England are quite rare, as I was growing up I only remember three – where it actually snowed on Christmas day”

“Really – but do you find the heat odd here – I ask because a few years ago, we had an English lady working at the gallery, she’d bought sweaters and boots and had to shop for light clothes, she kept saying it didn’t feel like Christmas!” Joyce said

“Yeah, I know what she means – strangest Christmas I ever had was out in Oz three years ago – we had a ‘barbie on the beach’ as they put it – they got this huge pot and actually deep-fried the turkey – tasted fine, but the whole being on the beach on December the 25th was weird!”

“Sit, get it while it’s hot” Joyce put four slices of toast in the rack and put them on the table.

The phone rang, and as Buffy wasn’t sitting, she said she’d get it.

“Hello………Oh um Angel, what is it? ………………(Both William and Joyce looked at each other, then back over to Buffy)………No, actually I hadn’t thought about what you asked me, Angel, it’s CHRISTMAS, I’m still trying to recuperate!………………Look, I’m sorry okay, but………………yes, I will think about it, I promise, but……………contact who – Angel, if and when I decide, I’ll contact you and get the name of your attorney then, okay, now if you don’t mind, I’d appreciate a little peace so I can enjoy the rest of the holidays with my mom and my boyfriend, bye…bye Angel” Buffy put the phone down and turned to face a concerned William and her mother.

“Honestly – have I given it any thought about testifying for him! Well duh!”

Joyce placed two rolled up pancakes in front of Buffy, and sat down herself, pouring tea. She looked at her daughter

“Sounds like a very desperate man if you ask me, do you really think speaking up for him is the right thing to do?”

“You’re as bad as HE is mom – can I have Christmas first please?”

“Yes, I’m sorry honey, just don’t let him push-“

“I won’t, end of subject, okay?” Buffy interrupted, Joyce looked up and smiled, nodded and then said,

“I don’t suppose you want to come to your great aunt Susan’s this afternoon, do you?”

“I’ll pass!”

Joyce grinned

“Thought you might!”

“Hey, don’t not go on my account Buffy!” William said

Joyce came to Buffy’s rescue by saying,

“If I offered Buffy a trip to the dentist, or a trip to see her aunt Susan, she’d pick the dentist every time, wouldn’t you honey?”

“Sure would! - And, I might add, I hate the dentists!”

“She’s a witch who lives in a big haunted house even the Munster’s wouldn’t look at twice!”

“Buffy!” Joyce admonished

“Well…always seemed that way to me…and by the smell of things, she must live on boiled cabbage and fish…and that horrible dog, it must be getting on for about 20 years old, it smells worse than she does – why do you still go mom?”

“Because………well, duty I suppose, I shan’t stay too long, I’ll just take her some Christmas cake and the box of lavender soaps I’ve bought her”

“Not that she’ll take the hint and use them!” Buffy said with a grin, wiping the last mouthful of pancake round her plate to mop up the last of the syrup.

“It’ll give you two a couple of hours on your own”

Buffy felt her cheeks go pink and she downed her juice to cover.

************************


“Great shot Charles!” Quentin patted the MD on the back. Charles Heaton’s caddy took the golf ball out of the hole and replaced the flag.

“All I need to do is birdie this next hole, and I’m home and dry………tell me Quentin………………(The MD lined up his shot and shouted FORE, then drove off sending the ball hurtling down the fairway)………………………do you think this furore will cause a stink, I mean Dr Rae sectioned her under the mental health act – why didn’t he just let her home and sleep it off?”

Quentin pushed his tee into the grass and placed his ball.

“She was in no fit state, and when Dr Gupta tried to tell her what was happening, she went berserk”

He too hit his ball with a cracking shot, and they made their way to the buggies.

Finishing the game, they decided to call it a draw, they went into the clubhouse, where Quentin called for one diet club soda for the MD, and an orange juice for himself.

“Time for lunch Quentin?”

“I’m sorry, my wife’s sister is coming this evening, we’re having a special celebration, and I’ve got to watch, you know! ” he patted his stomach.

“Fair enough…anyway, I’m off to the old yacht tomorrow, sailing her to Bermuda – could I leave things in your capable hands, get a statement off this Dr Carling, since he seems to be involved”

“I’ll see what I can do Charles, but I don’t see we can force him – he did absolutely nothing to encourage the woman, in fact I’d say just the opposite, in the most polite way too. He cannot be held responsible for one insane woman’s fantasy world”

“It would be better for him, if he wants to work at the Lacey again”

“Charles…how can I put this without seeming disrespectful…the fact that Will- I mean Dr Carling worked at the Lacey is kudos for US, not the other way around, he’s the leading expert in his field – just ask any of the top orthopaedic surgeons in the country”

“Is that right – oh well, do your best old man, just do your best”

Quentin finished his juice and left, thinking how these directors hadn’t got a clue what went on in the real world of the hospital, all they did was sit in ivory bloody towers and got paid for it, and he could just imagine William’s reaction for yet MORE paperwork off him.

*******************


“Don’t you want to?”

“Of course I want to kitten, it’s just, well you’re mom’s been gone not two minutes – and here’s me going to pounce on you…doesn’t seem right”

“Why do you think she left us on our own? – She realises we need time to get to know each other better.

“Buffy, babe – slow down – we have all the time in the world! Not saying a kiss and a cuddle wouldn’t be nice – very nice, but if you don’t mind, I’d like us to wait until your at least completely mobile before we………”

Buffy smiled and put her arms around his neck, where William completely surprised her by picking her up and carrying her to the sofa.

He lay next to her on the sofa, stoking her face softly

Buffy couldn’t hep but reach up and scratch her head

“Sorry…my hairs growing back, and it itches like crazy!”

“I know kitten, don’t worry” Buffy smiled and homed in for a kiss. Soft and tentative at first, before William raised himself up on his elbow and leaned over her, deepening the kiss, he felt her tongue brush his and he teased her with his own.

Buffy could feel herself getting hot, and when he started to nuzzle her neck, it was all she could do not grab him and pull him on top of her.

He went to bring his hand up to caress her cheek, but his fingers brushed against her hard nipple, making Buffy gasp an ‘oh yes!’

Moving his hand back down to her waist, his fingers on her soft skin where her tee shirt had ridden up, Buffy shivered with delight as his hand swept up her bare back

The kisses getting more heated, Buffy pulled up her teeshirt and guided William’s mouth to where she wanted it to be. He teased her at first, breathing warm air on her already heated skin, her nipple taut, he kissed between the valley of her breasts before slowly moving over the swell towards her proud nub, suckling on it gently, Buffy moaned so erotically, she shifted her legs, being careful of her bad foot, but she desperately wanted to lock her hips up to his

The delicious little moans and breathy gasps had him hard as a rock, and Buffy smiled to herself.

She moved her hand down to the outside of his thigh, before letting it drop between them. She felt him jump slightly when she pressed the length of him, she deliberately ran her finger slowly up and down, making him loose concentration on her nipples as he gasped and rocked his hips

“Baby!”

“Shh, tell me if it feels good”

“Oh baby it –ahhhh!”

She slowly tugged down the zipper and was surprised to find out that he went commando…

Her small fingers closed around him, her fingers not meeting! Slowly she slid her hand down over the turgid hot flesh, and then slid up…up and down slowly and gently – it was sweet torture

William was trying to keep his balance, Buffy pulled him closer and asked

“Am I doing this right?”

“Y-yeah…yes – oh baby, faster…harder please I – oh!”

Buffy obliged him making her hand movements fast and firmer, it was hard for her to concentrate as he suckled at her nipples, his hand gently kneading and moulding the flesh of her breast.

She kept on with her ministrations until she felt him swell and he lost concentration, his head lolling back

“Buffy – baby – I’m – I’m gonna – oh- ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh” Buffy felt her hand warm and wet, she slowed down to stop, feeling William shudder and pant. She raised herself up and reached over to the coffee table and snagged up some tissues.

“I’ve never done that before…was it okay?”

William was lying there with his eyes closed, he smiled and leaned over her and kissed her – not before he whispered ‘perfect’.

He felt her wriggle slightly, and stopped kissing her to look worriedly down into her sweet face.

“Are you okay kitten, do you want me to – “ he went to sit up, but she pulled him close, not knowing how to tell him SHE had needs too

“Please – don’t stop what you were doing, it was…” her courage fled, and she couldn’t say anymore her cheeks went pink and William thought it adorable.

“As long as you’re comfy kitten”

Buffy shifted to more on her back, and when William’s hand slowly rubbed her tummy, she nodded and gasped and rocked her hips slightly. William alternated between kissing her, her neck and her nipples while his fingers inched down the elasticated waist of her soft jogging pants and then he came to her tiny little briefs

Holding his head to her so he wouldn’t see how red she’d gone, Buffy begged him with a soft, ‘don’t stop’ – giving him the green light

Feeling the soft scrub of her curls, she parted her legs as much as she could, she felt hot, wet and swollen almost as William gently found her clit and circled it with his thumb, while his fingers gently slid back and forth in a soft sawing motion over her labia making Buffy’s head whip back and forth, she could feel herself coming she snapped her legs shut trapping his hand and rocked her hips as her orgasm overtook her.

“That better little one?” William gave her a soft kiss and smiled

“Oh yes!” They tidied themselves up, William went up the bathroom, washed and got rid of the tissues.

When he came down, Buffy was in the kitchen

“What are you doing?”

“Coffee! I fancied some coffee”


“Well, you go and sit down, your mom showed me how to this yesterday when I made the Irish coffees – you go rest and I’ll bring it in”

Buffy grinned, kissed him lightly and hobbled into the lounge.