Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again for all the feedback. Hope you enjoy another short sharp chapter. I promise i will update soon.
Chapter 10- Teenage Boy Cliché

Buffy and Spike stared at each other. He could see her anger rising and he smiled to himself. She still had that fire inside her that he loved so much. He stood up using the bed for support. All these years all he wanted was to be with her, near her and here he was being given this second chance.

‘Don’t be William’ he told himself ‘she never loved him. Spike all the girls love Spike’

He could do that. Spike Giles after all was voted “Hottest Guy in Rock” three years running. He summoned his inner rock star and made his move.

“Now come on, we both know that’s not true.” He slid his finger down her shoulder resting it on her belt buckle.

She looked into his eyes and suddenly she was seventeen again, standing in her room looking into the eyes of the man she loved. Their bodies were pulling toward each other like magnets. His lips -- she wondered if they still felt the same as they moved towards her own.

“Tell me luv. Has anyone else made you scream like I did? Made you feel like I did?” His lips were barely touching hers as he spoke.

He saw in his eyes desire, his blue orbs were darkened by it. Buffy suppressed a moan and closed her eyes and suddenly the memories hit her. She moved away from him.

“You’re right, Will. No one has made me feel like you did that night I went to your house and you were …” She looked away unable to look him in the eye. She took a deep breath and shook the memory from her mind.

“It wasn’t supposed to be like this. You were my friend. I trusted you. I thought you would not hurt me like all the rest. That’s the punch line to this joke, you know. If you had been a stranger, someone I did not care about, it would not have mattered, what you did, what I saw. It would not have hurt me like it did. Why Will? Why did you do it?” she asked as her tears were forming.

He had no answer. He had asked himself that question over and over again during the past 7 years. He was searching his brain for an answer as her voice snapped him from his thoughts.

“What do you think that night meant to me? A quick roll in the hay, a last hurrah before college?” she asked.

“Yes I do. That’s what you wanted. I didn’t force you to have sex with me Buffy. You asked me. None of this was my idea. You wanted me to help you out as a friend. So you weren’t the last American virgin. I was just a warm body you could practice on.” Spike was getting frustrated.

“Will, you know that’s not true. I gave you everything I had that night.” Her tears were replaced by anger now.

“No you didn’t.” He moved towards her. “You didn’t give me what I wanted.”

“What , What did you want Spike? Another go clock up a few more notches in the belt ?”

He grabbed hold of her arm partly for support and partly just to be close to her again.

Buffy shivered under his touch even after all these years her body still responded to his touch. She tried to look away but he caught her gaze.

“Buffy, that night all I wanted was to be with you for the rest of our lives. I lay there watching you sleep and planned it all out. Did you know that?”

She looked away.

“We would go to separate colleges for the first year and then I was going to transfer. After graduation, I was going to get a job as a journalist to help support you through medical school. “

“Don’t lie to me Spike not now, not after all these years I deserve more than that.”

“I’m not lying Buffy I wanted to stay, be with you I wanted to love you” Spikes voice was choked with emotion.

“Why didn’t you say so? Why did you…” She could not form the words as her tears started to spill.

“Because you hurt me, Buffy. I asked you if you loved me. You couldn’t answer.”

“I was confused! I had just made love for the first time. What did you expect -- for me to have the whole morning after etiquette down pat?” She stopped.

“You mean we had sex.” Spike questioned her. “You said we made love, but what we really did was have sex. Wasn’t that the plan? I was the practice run before the big race.” Spike sat back down on the bed dejected.

“Is that what you think happened? That I just had sex with you? Everything changed that night. I realised that ….”

She looked at him as much as she could to see the boy she loved sitting on the bed. The ache in her heart was so real that all she wanted to do was wrap herself in his arms and tell him. Tell him that no other man had made her feel like she had that night. How she wanted to be with him more than anything.

However, she could not forget the man he was now and what he had done to her that night. All the tears shed and unshed over his betrayal. She could give him her heart and he would just take it and rip it out all over again. He was not Will anymore; he was Spike Giles -- rock star.

She had made a vow never to let this happen. She was not here to declare her love; she was here to put a stop to it.

“What did you realise?” Hope welled up inside him as he waited to hear the words he had been dreaming of for so long.

“It doesn’t matter now does it? You know what? Even if I did love you, I’m glad I didn’t tell you.”

She wanted to hurt him with her words.

“I couldn’t believe it, you know. One taste of sex and you turn into every teenage boy cliché. I am surprised it only took you a week to bag another babe. Who knows, you probably had a couple in between. You had the taste for it.”

“It was a mistake. That night I was drunk. I didn’t know what I was doing.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“As I said -- teenage boy cliché.”

“No, it wasn’t like that. We were not talking. I was going out of my mind missing you and she was there . . .” He looked down, closing his eyes and reliving the moment. “You’ve got to believe me. It was a mistake.”

“One you keep making to this very day.”

“What do you mean?” he questioned.

“How is Dru?”