Author's Chapter Notes:
Well this is it the final chapter. Thanks for sticking with it. Hope you enjoyed the journey.
Song in italics is Last Life by the Whitlams
Can't say anything's gonna be alright
I lie here and look at you on my side
Wait for night to let the earth turn
And not take anymore
Not take anymore


When Buffy and Will had first made their way over to the bed, there was a sense of urgency between them. Their kisses were all consuming, physically conveying the emotions that were going on between them. Then things had slowed down. The urgency was replaced with to the need to savour the moment. As they undressed, kisses lingered and while they savoured each other.

Will looked down at Buffy lying on her bed. She looks as beautiful as he had ever seen her. Her body flushed with desire, her eyes filled with love. Love, he now knew was for him and him only. He ran his hand down her cheek; she turned her head and kissed his palm.

“Buffy,” he whispered not wanting to break the moment. “I love you. Ever since our first night together. You took my heart that night.”

“I love you, Will. You took my heart too. That night in this room.” She took her hand and placed it on her breast. “Love me Will.”

“I will Buffy, always.”

She giggled, “That’s good to know. However, what I meant was make love to me.” A blush crept over her face as she asked.

“I knew what you meant Buffy,” he smirked as he leant down and complied with his lady’s request.

I must have been alright in the last life
To be lying here with you
Someone in the last life
To get this second chance with you


Buffy sat on the end of her bed watching Will sleep. They had worn each other out in the best way possible. Will had drifted off to sleep with out a problem. She was having more trouble, not even the warm milk she had gotten out of bed to make and was currently drinking, seemed to be helping.

The moonlight filled the room and seemed to cast a spotlight over Will as he lay sleeping. Buffy shook her head as she thought about the journey the two of them had taken to get to this point. If only they had spoken their minds all those years before. Would they still be here? How can you know at seventeen that the first guy you sleep with will also be the man you love for the rest of your life?

They still had details to sort out. Her job, his career, still needed to be discussed. However, that is all they were now to her. Details. The things that been obstacles eighteen months ago were mere details now.

What had changed? She had. The fear that had kept her from following her heart was gone. She was tired of running from her feelings. There was only so long she could go on pretending that she did not need someone in her life. To a certain extent that was still true, she did not need someone to love her. She now wanted someone to love her.

That someone was sleeping like a baby in her bed. Without a shadow of a doubt, she loved Will Giles. The fact that the sheet that was covering his torso had slipped down, revealing his muscular body had nothing to do with it.

She finished her milk and slipped into bed beside him. Snuggling down into his arms, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Can't say anyone's gonna be alright
We'll lie here and look at each other on our sides
Wait for night to let the earth turn
And not take anymore
Not take anymore


Will did not know how long he had been watching Buffy sleep. Time had no meaning for them in this room. They had made love too many times to count, but still not too many times to satisfy themselves. His mind drifted back to the last time they had been in this situation so many years ago. In all the time that had passed, so many things had changed. Not just to him, but to Buffy as well. The one thing that had remained a constant, unchanged, if any thing had grown stronger, was his love for her.

They had not spoken about the future; he was readying himself for the morning after jitters to kick in. He would not have a repeat of last time. He would not let her go. They had come too far to turn their backs now.


I must have been alright in the last life
To be lying here with you
Someone in the last life
To get this second chance with you


Buffy felt as though someone was watching her. She opened her eyes to discover she was right.

“Hello cutie.” She knew she was not getting out of this bed anytime soon. Just his smile caused butterflies in her stomach.

“Hey you. What ya doing?” she asked as she sat up and stretched, not feeling the sheet drop to her waist.

Will reached forward and tackled her back down onto the bed. Buffy squealed as she tried to squirm from his grasp.

“Ravishing you,” he nipped at her neck.

“Will don’t, my mom…” She tried to push him away and while her mind was willing her body to be weak.

“Took care of it,” he made his way down to her breasts.

Buffy lifted his head up.

“What do you mean you took care of it?” she asked worriedly.

“We kind of ran into each other in the bathroom.” Will blushed at the memory.

“Please tell me you were wearing something.”

“Your mom told me to tell you that you are one lucky girl,” he smirked.

“You are evil,” Buffy laughed.

“What can I say? I am the big bad, baby.”

Can't say anyone's getting out of here alive
We'll lie here and look at each other on our sides
Wait for night to let the earth turn
And wait for the signs on life to return


“Will?”

“Yes Buffy?”

“Can I ask you a question?”

They lay on Buffy’s bed after another round of lovemaking. Both had been resting taking in the silence between them.

“What happens next?” she turned on her side to face him.

“Well, I think we need to have a shower, then maybe some lunch.” Buffy punched his shoulder.

“Don’t be silly. I meant what happens next with us?” She bit her lip as the old fears and concerns crept into her mind.

“Well, tomorrow I will pack my things and move to New York. The band is taking a year’s break and even then, when we start recording again we can do it there. I am not leaving you again.” He took her face in his hand and kissed her. “You only make that kind of mistake once in your life.”

“Tomorrow, that’s a bit fast. We don’t want to rush things.” Buffy saw the hurt wash across his face.

“Buffy Summers, I won’t let your fears run our lives again if you think--” Buffy cut him off with a searing kiss. When they were both breathless, she broke the kiss.

“What I meant was stay here with me. I won’t be in New York until next week.” She laughed. “I could not last that long without you.”

“Neither could I. I love you so much Buffy. Not letting you go,” as if to emphasis his point he took her in his arms.

“I love you too. I am not going anywhere.” In her heart, she meant it.

I must have been alright in the last life
To be lying here with you
Someone in the last life
To get this second chance with you