Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks guys for all your feedback it has been more than i ever expected. All i can say is hang in there the Spuffy will come. But you know what they say , All good things come to those who wait.
Spike hopped on one leg out of the shower, grateful that the nurses had finally let him have one, there was only so many sponge baths a person could take and still feel like a man. He wiped the fog from the bathroom mirror and stared at the reflection in front of him

His cuts and bruises were fading, aside from the scar that was forming across his eyebrow you would never know he had ever been in an accident. He ran his hands through his hair trying to get rid of the excess water. It was longer than usual. The curls he hated so much during high school were starting to reappear as his natural hair colour pushed its way through the peroxide.

‘It’s not like I can go to the hairdresser’s.’ He thought to himself as he dried the rest of his body. Once he was finished, he grabbed his crutches and made his way back to his bed.

“Hello, Dru.”

There she was sitting on his bed. His dark princess, his saviour. At least that is what she always told him. However, what did she save him from? That’s right… himself. Dru had seen the man he could be when everyone else saw the boy he was, the boy no one could love, not even her.

“My Spike, you look better today. Come sit.” Drusilla patted the bed. “What has my dark prince been up to?”

“You know the usual… ran a marathon, won the Noble prize for literature, oh yeah, and I cured cancer.” He sat on the bed next to her.

“I’m in the bloody hospital with a broken leg, Dru! What do you think I’ve been up to?” She snuggled up into his lap.

“I’ve missed you, my love,” she said as she started to slip her hand underneath his t-shirt. “I crave the darkness you know, it’s been so long since…” She started to lick and nip at his neck.

He caught her arm. “Dru.” He ground out as she kept up her actions. “I don’t fancy giving the nurses a free show.”

“Why not?” She pouted. “I’m sure we could teach them a few things.” As she looked into Spike’s eyes, she knew nothing was going to happen, so she sat back and straightened herself up.

“I spoke to your Doctor… he said you are doing really well with your rehab. You might even be out in a couple of weeks.” She got up off the bed and reached for her folder.

“That means we can start in Chicago and then go back and pick up the shows we missed at the end of the tour.”

He let out a sigh as he lay back down on the bed. That is what it was like with Dru, sex and business. If they were not doing one, they were doing the other. Not that he minded that much. The sex was amazing and the business had made him into what he was today. They had met in a bar while he was drowning his sorrows and that was the beginning of it all. He took her home that night. Well, Dru dragged him and he told her the directions. In addition, after that night he never looked back. William died that night and Spike was born.

~

Buffy sat at the nurses’ station up to her elbows in paper work. ‘When I signed on to be a doctor it was to save lives, not to spend endless hours doing paperwork.’ Still it had to be finished and it was better than performing the colonoscopy that was currently going on in Trauma 3.

“I’m looking for Dr. Summers?”

Buffy looked up to see a vaguely familiar brunette woman.

“I am she. How can I help you?” She stood to face the woman.

“I’m Faith… I’m the bassist from Dingoes Ate My Baby.” Faith held out her hand. “I believe you know our lead singer.”

She took the hand and shook it. “Yeah, I used to know Will. How can I help you? He’s alright, isn’t he?” She tried to keep the concern out of her voice.

“Blondie is fine. Just wanted to come down and see if you were?” Faith was still looking her up and down.

She suddenly became aware that the white doctor’s coat was not her best look.

“I’m fine, Faith. Unless you are injured or sick in someway, I don’t know how l can help you?” She turned to sit back down.

“You can help me by going to see Spike.” Buffy stared at her.

“Why would I do that? Even if I wanted to, his skanky-ho undead girlfriend wouldn’t let me come within ten feet of him.” She could feel the anger rising within her.

“So you’ve met Dru?”

“Once… no make that twice now.” Buffy flinched at both memories. “Look how do you even know who I am, let alone where I work?” She questioned.

“Checked Spike’s chart, wanted to see if he was on any fun drugs I could swipe.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Well that explains how you know where I work but not how you know who I am. I did not think Will… I mean Spike would ever mention me.” She tried not to sound as hurt as she really was.

“You spend as long as we have together you get to know a person. You grew up in Sunnydale right?”

Buffy’s eyes widened.

“Yes. How did you know that?” she asked.

“Every time we played a show there Spike would change. He would get nervous before the gig, which never happens. He would go off on his own for hours and come back either really angry or really drunk or really both.”

“So what does this have to do with me?” She was growing impatient and uncomfortable with where this conversation was heading.

“So one night we had enough of it and called him on it. Asked him what was going on, and he told us all about it. You, him with the nerdy clothes and passion for eighteenth century literature, how he loved you and broke your heart.”

“He never loved me! I know that… he never said?” Buffy’s head was swimming at the words.

“We have been on the road on and off for the last six years and every time, without fail, we stopped in Sunnydale and he would look for you. That’s why I’m here, to tell you that he needs to see you.”

“But what about Dru?” she questioned.

“What about her? The fact that she is keeping you from him should tell you everything. She’s threatened by you.”

“But why, why is he looking for me? He’s the one who left who …” Buffy held herself tighter.

“I don’t know why, but don’t you think it’s time you went and asked him?”

“Yes… I think it is.”