Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, you guys have been waiting here it is sort of. A bit of Spuffy for you. Hope its not too cliche! Flashbacks as always in italics.


Buffy stood in her room staring at William, the reality of the situation starting to sink in.

“My mom is away for the weekend visiting my aunt so you don’t have to worry about keeping quiet during the throes of passion.” She babbled. “And I put clean sheets on the bed so….”

William could tell she was nervous, and so was he. He was about to experience one of life’s defining moments. He was going to make love for the first time. No he was not, he reminded himself. Not making love, having sex. They had been clear about that. This was not about love. It was about sharing an experience with a friend, someone you could trust. However, as he stood there looking at her, friendship was the last thing on his mind.

“Did you bring the things?” she asked.

“What things might that be, luv?”

Buffy rolled her eyes.

“I gave you one job, Will. Buy the things, so in nine months time I don’t have a baby.”

“Condoms?”

“Yes, the things.”

William could not help but laugh. Here they were about to be as intimate as two people could ever be and she could not even bring herself to say the word condom.

“Relax, luv.” He moved toward her, his gaze never leaving hers. He swept a loose tendril of hair behind her ear and let his hand rest against her cheek. In some ways that touch was more intimate than any they were about to experience. “I got you.” With that, he kissed her.

Buffy relaxed as William pressed his lips against hers. His lips felt so soft and warm; she craved his touch and wanted more. Her arms wrapped around his body pulling him towards her. Stronger feelings replaced her nervousness.

He felt himself pulled towards her and he held onto her as if she were the only thing that stood still as his mind spun out with so many thoughts and feelings. Her touch, he wanted more.

They broke from their kiss and he searched her eyes asking for the permission he so desperately wanted. She nodded ever so slightly. He slipped his hands under the hem of her shirt and pulled it over her head. Once the shirt was off, what he saw before him made his breath catch in his throat.

Will knew he was staring but he could not help it. She took his hand and placed it on her breast. His eyes widened in shock as her body responded to his touch almost immediately.

“You’re beautiful,” he said as he moved to kiss her neck.

“Oh, Will,” she moaned.

In all his life, he knew he would never hear a sweeter sound than his name on her lips.
“Buffy.” He captured her lips with his own and kissed her. He took her in his arms and laid her on the bed.


As he made his way down between her breasts, Buffy’s mind was spinning. As much as she did not want the Mills and Boon moment here, she was half-naked and William was doing things with his mouth that she never knew existed. She was feeling things that she could not contemplate.

Will however, had no such problems as his fingers were on the buttons of her jeans. She pulled herself away from him

“Hang on a minute.” The look on Will’s face was a mixture of desire, desperation and dejection. “This isn’t going to turn into some kind of peep show where you get to see everything and I just get glimpses here and there.” She moved back to him and slipped his shirt off as well.

‘Well, that’s a surprise,’ she thought to herself as she stared at his nicely muscular chest. He was not Mr. Universe, but who wanted that, nor was he scrawny. He was in fact…

“Beautiful.”

Will looked at her.

“What? I can’t return the compliment?”


He began to make his way down her body, kissing everywhere he could. He dipped his tongue in her belly button and heard her giggle as he did. As he moved down to her zipper, he looked up at her.

She was torn. Whatever he was doing, he was doing well and she wanted him to keep going. What would he think of her if she let him? All such thoughts vanished as he unzipped her jeans, and took them off.

“Please,” was all she said as he slipped off her panties. Before she had a chance to process the words, he was gently lapping at her clit.

“Oh.” She felt the pleasure shoot through her whole body. “Will, yes.”

Her words of encouragement were all he needed. He may not have done this before, but there was a lot to be said about instinct. He increased his pace and in turn, her sighs of pleasure did the same. He slid one of his fingers into her.

“Oh God!” She lifted herself off the bed. “Don’t stop.”

“Wasn’t planning on it luv.”

“Then less talking and more ah...”

As he increased the pace, her walls tightened around him as she shouted her release.

“Will.”

He moved his way back up the bed and watched her as she came down from her orgasm, her golden hair surrounding her head like a halo. Her breasts rose and fell in time with her heavy breathing, her eyes heavy with desire. It hit him. It was as if all the information that he had stored in his brain about Buffy had all fallen into place. The pieces had all fit together and the outcome was… he was in love with Buffy Summers.

Buffy lay there looking at Will, why had she never noticed his arms before now; they were so muscular probably from carrying all those damn poetry books. And his lips. Who knew they were so skilful? However, it was his eyes; she could look into those for the rest of her life and never get bored. Their blue depths conveyed so much to her. She looked into them and it hit her like a ton of bricks. She was in love with William Giles.

~

Buffy checked her reflection in the staff room mirror. ‘Too much lip gloss?’ She was stalling and she knew it. Nevertheless, she also knew what she had to do. Faith’s visit had left more questions than it answered. Why did he tell his band he loved her? Surely when he told their story, it was more a cautionary tale than the greatest love story of all time. ‘Enough stalling.’ She walked to the lifts and pressed the up button. ‘It’s time to face your past so you can have a future.’

~

Spike lay in his bed. ‘How am I supposed to get better when they keep feeding me this slop?’ Maybe he could turn star and pull the ‘don’t you know who I am’ line. He laughed at the thought. He had seen so many so-called ‘stars’ pull that routine. It was more a case of “don’t you know who I think I am” and it almost never worked.

He was bored, episode one bored. He had read the paper from cover to cover and it seemed as though he had also read every book on the New York Times Best Seller list. A smoke -- that is what he needed. He sat up and pulled his legs to the side of the bed. He wiggled down to the end to help lift himself off when something caught his hand.

‘My chart… the one thing in this room I haven’t read.’ Spike was about to open it when he heard his favourite sound in the world.

“Hello, Will.”