Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry i haven't updated in a long long time. Thanks to everyone who reviewed last time.
Ch. 3 Tree-outs

It had been a couple of hours and Spike was settled into one of the cells. Now it was lunch time and Spike was still thinking about the blonde angel he had seen earlier.

He was now waiting in line holding out a tray waiting for this short bald troll named Snyder to pour him his grub.

“Nothing but the best for you!”, Snyder snickered. Spike gave him a ‘don’t fuck with me’ look and Snyder suddenly stopped laughing. “Only kidding”, Snyder trembled.

Spike sighed. He was looking for somewhere to sit. He found an empty seat but the neighbor wasn’t exactly friendly. He was still walking around taking the glares from the rest of the inmates that said ‘don’t you dare sit here’. *Bugger* he thought.

“Hey Bleach Boy! Have a seat.” Said a guy behind him. He wasn’t judging or asking any other questions so Spike decided it was better than nothing.

“Thanks mate, appreciate it” Spike thanked.

“Never”, the guy began, “never, in my entire time here met someone unanimously hated by such a large amount of population in this…sublime…hellhole”, He smirked. “Names Charles Gunn, but my they call me Caretaker. You need anything, smokes…etc. You come to me I got the hook-ups. And for a small fee, I can even get you McDonalds.”

“How ‘bout the warmth and beauty of a woman,” Spike said, thinking of the Angel from earlier.

“Well, your gonna have to lower your standards on the beauty part…and the woman part,” Caretaker said, pointing to the table where all the homosexual inmates appeared to have come together. One of them noticed him looking and blew him a kiss. Spike shuddered.

“Bloody ‘ell.” Spike still looked grossed out. The gay inmates had done some thing to their uniforms to make them more revealing, not only that, but they were also wearing makeup.

“You say that now, but in 8 months, the she-he is gonna look like that hot chick from that Vampire show,” Caretaker chuckled.

“ ‘K then, um… how about bleach for my hair?”

“ Hmm… I’ll see what I can do. Listen man, I don’t know about you, but you need to stand up for yourself around ‘ere or your gonna end up as someone’s bitch. If someone gives you trouble you gotta, hit ‘em or something.” Caretaker said, making a punching motion in the air.

“ Thanks mate, I’ll keep that in mind. So…do you like soccer?” Spike said leaning over the table.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
(Next Day)

“ Soo-ker Tr-r-ree-outs. What the hell is a Tree-out?” said Anthony. He was about 5 foot 8 inches and 290-300 lbs.

“ It’s Try-out, dumbass,” said Caretaker. “Sandler starting a soccer team.”

“Well, who we gonna play?” said, Jonathan.

Caretaker grinned, “The Guards” and then everyone that could hear groaned. “Now, I don’t know about you guys, but I think I like this perfect opportunity to crush one of are correctional officers. This could be our chance to show them what we’re made of.”

“ Yeah!” Jonathan yelled, but he blushed from embarrassed when no one else was supporting him.

Out of nowhere, a big, hulky, dark, broody guy came from behind the crowd of people in front of the Try-out sign. He looked around at the men gathered there and then to the sign. He tore it from the bulletin board and crumpled it.

“ The man sold out his own teammates. Whadaya think he’s going to do to you fools.” He then, threw the paper on the ground and walked away.

“HEY!” Caretaker cried, “ I worked hard on that sign Angel! Asshole!” Angel turned around and stood looming over Caretaker. “ Uhh…team needs you, y-y-ou come to t-t-he T-t-tree-outs,” he stuttered. Than turned and ran.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“These are all the guys that came?” Spike said, pointing to about 12 guys. All of which were not really in good shape.

“Yup”, Caretaker nodded.

“Bloody fantastic. Let’s call ‘em over here.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After the rules were put down, the testing began.

“We’ll grade them on a one to ten scale.” Spike explained to Caretaker.” Let’s start with running.

Spike and Caretaker were stand at the finish line of the half a mile mark when some guys passed them.

“Give these guys 6,” Spike said pointing to two guys, “ These 4’s, this guy 3, and… are we missing someone? Where’s Anthony?” He look around and found Tony about 20 yards from the starting line. “ How about…negative 3?”

“ You *cough * assholes better *wheeze * not cut me!! Someone get me a diet coke!” Tony coughed and wheezed out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Okay,” Spike started, “this is what your going to do. I set a row of cones about 3 and a half feet apart. You have to take the ball, using only your feet, remember FEET ONLY, and move zig-zag in between the cones. Try not to knock over or touch any of the cones. Got it? If you don’t it’s okay, cause ‘m gonna demonstrate right now.”

“I’m ready!” Jonathan screamed as Spike finished the demonstration. He started off fine but on the fourth cone he accidentally kicked it a good 2 feet away and lost it. “ Stupid cone!” He kicked it again, on purpose, “ You think your better than me! I kill you!” He grabbed the cone a threw it.

Spike stared, wide-eyed at the little scene. “ Uh…2--,” Started Spike but was interrupted by a grunt from Jonathan. “…and a half?”

“Yeah!” Jonathan exclaimed, with a look of triumph on his face.” I’m the master!” and then started to hum the Star War’s theme song.

“ Okay… that was, weird,” commented Caretaker.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was the end of the “Tree-outs” and Spike was exhausted. *We’re screwed*, he tought.

“Hey,” they turned around to find an old man around 48 calling them. “ I hear your starting a football team.” The old man said in a upper class English accent. “I’m Rupert Giles, I can help you.”

“Seriously? You ‘Ripper’?” Spike turned to look at Caretaker who just shrugged.

“ Yes. But right now I have no time for a proper conversation, I’ll meet you here tomorrow at exactly one in the afternoon.” And with that he turned around and walked away.

Spike attention was still on ‘Ripper’ when Caretaker poked his shoulder.

“Spike, I’m gonna head in alright?”

Spike nodded, as soon as he was gone, Spike sat down on the ground. Hey felt someone watching him and turned around to find the golden angel that was haunting his dreams last night.

AN: He he he…I’m so bad! Please review, it makes me happy!