Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy! Please review!
2 days before classes begin...

It was raining outside and according to Fox Weather, the New York City area could expect a thunderstorm later that night. But this morning, it wasn’t the storm that had Buffy worried. She would be meeting her new roommate today. Buffy had moved in yesterday morning and was already mostly unpacked and organized.

She had needed to get out of her house. 1630 Revello Drive held too many bad memories. Especially those memories of the last couple of months she had spent there when Angel had never even called her. They hadn’t even spoken since the spilt. It was the hardest time in Buffy’s life. She had been all-alone, which made becoming close to her roommate all the more important.

Buffy was starting a new life now, and was about to make a bunch of new friends. Speaking of which, Buffy was wondering just how long it would be until this girl came.

“Any second now.” Buffy told herself out loud.

As if on cue, the front door opened. A red-haired women with what Buffy decided was a kind face, walked in the dorm room carrying a box under her left arm. She set the box down and walked over to Buffy with an outstretched hand.

“Hi! I’m Willow Rosenberg. Are you Buffy?”

Surprised by Willow’s peppy and overexcited attitude, Buffy nodded her head.

“Yep. I’m Buffy Summers. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Oh, you too!” came the tremendously overexcited reply.

Behind Willow, two guys came stumbling in each carrying two huge boxes.

“Where do you want these, Wills?” the taller of the two men asked.

“Just set them down there for now. Thanks.”

The two men set the boxes down and then finally acknowledged Buffy’s presence.

“Hey. Are you Willow’s roommate?” the taller man asked.

“Yeah. My name’s Buffy.”

“Oh, hi Buff. Cool name. I’m Xander. This is Oz. We’re Willow’s friends. Well, actually, Oz is her boyfriend, but we’re all friends here, right, Buff?” ‘Damn, she’s hot’ Xander thought in his crazy head.

“Sure. And ‘Hi’ Oz.”

“Hey. I’d do the whole protective boyfriend thing to make sure you’re not a murder or a thief or anything, but you look safe.”

“Thanks.” Was all Buffy could say. But she sure as HELL was thinking what an interesting year it was going to be. Well, at least these strange people were nice, that’s something right? Nice, just a bit crazy; yeah, that’s what she’d continue to remind herself of. Never the less, she needed a mall trip, she decided, it couldn’t hurt to get some more new clothes for college.

Buffy knew it was weird, but she thought that new clothes would help her forget about Angel. It was almost like being a different person, a person who had never met Angel. So, yeah, it was strange, but a mall trip was perfect. Buffy decided she would ask Willow now that her friends had just left.

“So, Willow. I was wondering if you would like to go to the mall with me.”
Oh, now Willow was excited. She had been a little worried that her roommate would think she was a total dork, but this girl seemed to be nice. Plus, she didn’t get to the mall often with having guys for her best friends.
“Sure. I’d love to. Just give me a few to put some stuff away.”


There were only two days left until classes began and now that William and Drusilla had unpacked and set up their new apartment, he had one big thing left to do.

He was going to change. Not only his clothing, but his life. Which was a bit more than Drusilla had initially expected, but then again, things could turn out for the better; or not of course, couldn’t forget that though.

William wanted a new image for himself. No longer was he to be shy and stuffy like most of England; nope, he was going to be a bad ass, though he knew the extreme help of his darling Drusilla was going to be needed.

William decided to start with the mall, though he would also need to do something about his hair he knew. Luckily, Dru had already made him a hair appointment so that was taken care of. Later that afternoon, William and Dru would head out to the mall to transform him into a man that William knew would scare the shit out his father. And William couldn’t be happier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William and Drusilla were inside Hot Topic. William had picked out a black shirt with ‘Sex Pistols’ imprinted on the front and faded, black jeans that were rather tight in ‘certain’ places. He thought the whole idea of advertising for a band on your shirt was stupid, but maybe once he actually listened to the group, he could come to like this ‘American’ way of life.

Right now, Drusilla was checking out something on the side of the rack that William could not see. Looking at everything as he passes, he slowly made his way over to her. Then, he noticed what she was admiring.

“Dru!!! What the HELL is THAT!!” William practically yelled, clearly shocked and possibly a little scared.

“Hmmm?... Oh, Willy. Hi my precious. This is for you. It will go with your new outfits, since most of them seem to contain black. Don’t you like?”

Drusilla was holding up what seemed to William to be a black bracelet with huge silver spikes coming out from all around. So yes, William was sure, this bracelet, of some sort, scared the shit out of him.

In the back of the store, Buffy and Willow looked up after hearing someone yell.

“Yep, another newbie.” Willow stated in monotone.

“Newbie? Sorry, but huh?” Buffy had a look of pure confusion on her face, Willow soon realized. Neither Willow nor Buffy were ‘punk’ so to speak, but they were having fun in the store.

“Yeah, that tall British looking guy over there is obviously not used to seeing punk accessories.” Willow noticed Buffy rather amused look.

Sheepishly, Willow rephrased, “Oh, well you know, in England people are generally stuffy and simply well, just British. Of course, you can’t rule out the hot British rock stars, but they come far and few in between.”

“Hmm...” was all Buffy could manage because she had just taken a look at his face. His beautifully bright blue eyes were shining like the ocean did on islands like St. Thomas. These eyes were simply magnificent, Buffy decided. And wow, those perfectly structured cheekbones that trailed down his narrow face. Wow. It was too bad he had a girl next to him. ‘Must been his girlfriend.’ Buffy thought.

Due to a questioning look from Willow, Buffy shifted her gaze from the man’s face and back to Willow. As soon as her attention was back on Willow, Willow looked back towards Buffy’s original glance and noticed that Buffy’s fixed gaze on the guy.

“Wow, you fall easily huh?”

“Fall? Over what?” Buffy was trying to hide the blush from her face.

“Hmm... Certainly wouldn’t be over a guy now would it? Especially not the hottie over there who we were just talking about.”

Buffy and Willow moved slowly to a corner in the back of the store. They were sure they were out of earshot of the couple.

“Oh, alright. I’ll admit because I don’t want to lie to my new room mate, but in my own defense I just had a very bad breakup right after high school and I’m kind of lonely. Not desperate, mind you, but lonely.”

“Awwww... bad breakup. Sorry to hear it.”

“I’m alright now. I spent the summer crying but now I’m on the prowl in a way. The guy who broke up with me was the only guy I’ve ever been with. We were soul mates. He said we could get back together after college or something but I hope to be in a great relationship by then.”

“Oh, well, I don’t really have any big breakup stories. When I was in high school I was such great friends with Xander and Oz. Then last year, Oz and I formed a bond and we fell in love. It’s a new beginning for us.”

“Aw, that’s cute. So then you guys are still together.” Willow nodded.

“Yeah, Tara actually goes here too. We decided not to room together so we could both lead our own lives in our friendship. But, we spent a lot of time together over the summer and we have a few classes together. I’m sure you’ll get to meet her soon.”

“I can’t wait.”

Buffy had been so caught up in conversation with Willow, that she hadn’t even realized the hot mystery guy’s girlfriend had moved into the dressing room and he was now staring at her in a daze.

Buffy blushed and turned her head. She may have been looking for a guy, specifically this one, but she still wasn’t used to other guys looking at her. She almost expected Angel to come an beat this guy up for even looking at her, but no; of course not.

‘Which is a good thing,’ Buffy reminded herself. ‘Angel’s gone. No more Angel. Oh, it’s going to be a tough year.’

While Buffy was deep in her thoughts, Willow formed an idea. She walked up to the mystery man.

“Hey.” She said.

“Hey.” He repeated, still staring at Buffy.

“Look, I saw your girlfriend and all, but I’m also watching you check out my friend and she likes you too, so go say hi to her.”

Without even thinking about Drusilla, he made his way over to Buffy. He tapped her on the shoulder and she spun around. Their eyes instantly locked. Buffy could have started all day into his dazzling baby blues as he into her lovely emeralds. Spike eventually collected his thoughts.

“Hey, my name’s Spike. What’s yours?” Buffy only stared at him.