**Definition taken from the Random House Dictionary.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

**love: a profoundly tender, passionate affection

Spike was standing in the kitchen, grabbing a few things for the road, i.e. chips, cookies, blood. A well balanced group of snacks to travel with.

"So, you're not planning on taking that piece of junk of yours to LA, are you?" Buffy was leaning against the doorway to the kitchen.

Spike glared at her momentarily. "And why wouldn't I, luv? Besides, what else would I drive? I'm not taking the bike."

Buffy jangled a set of keys in the air. He stared at them.

"Are you letting me borrow your mum's, er, your car? I'm touched." He tried his best to act surprised at her gesture.

"Right, borrow. Not if I'm in the passenger seat."

"Buffy, I told you, you are not going. I need to do this on my own. Better this way."

"Who says? You? Spike, just let me come along. I won't interfere, I promise. But I do have a stake, um, wager in this. If he does turn on you, I risk losing something special. I can't handle that right now. One, I would be very upset if you got dusted by someone else other than me." She smirked at him in which turn he growled.

She continued, "And two, if Angel dusts you, then I have to turn around and stake him."

"I don't see anything bad in that. But I still say no."

Buffy, in a blink of an eye, slid over to Spike so that they were merely inches from each other, her body heat radiating off of her and hitting him in waves. With one hand, she was playing with the curls on the back of his head which sent tingles down his spine. The other was drawing invisible patterns on his chest. He shut his eyes tightly, trying hard to suppress the desire to ravage her because of her flirty ministrations.

"I want to ride along with you, please?...Honey, sweetie…baby," she drawled out seductively, lightly brushing her lips over his. She swore she heard him gulp. His body finally relaxed as he let out a sigh he had been holding. His eyes popped open, full of love and defeat.

Growling, "Buffy, you are such the little temptress. Fine, but you stay out of the way. Do you promise?"

"Promise…you’re so easy."

"Can't help it, not when it's you, you Jezebel. Now come here."

He swept her up so her feet were barely on the ground, and kissed her passionately, breaking away and looking at her. She opened her eyes to see why he pulled away.

"Honey? Sweetie? Baby? Are those my new pet names, luv?"

"Only if you want them to be," she continued on seductively. He growled again and continued his course of action. No need to let those plump, sweet lips of hers get too lonely.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

Buffy slept most of the way there, which was fine by him. He preferred the quiet so he could think of ways to break the news to Angel. Last time he graced Angel with his company he tried to have him killed or really just merely tortured. Surely Buffy had spoken to Angel about him since that incident. Maybe not.

They arrived at the Hyperion around 10. Lights were still on inside so he knew someone was up. He knew Angel would definitely be up. Spike reached over and looked at Buffy. He didn't know whether to wake her or just leave her in the car as he went in to do his business. She would be royally pissed if he didn't wake her and at least let her know they had arrived.

"Buffy," he called her softly, running his hand over her hair. "Buffy, we're here, luv. Time to wake up."

She groaned and sat up slowly, looking around outside. She looked over at him and smiled.

"I'm going in. You coming with me or staying out here?"

"I think I will come in. I'll just go to another room once I see that neither one of you are going to tear the other’s heart out, or throat, or lungs, or…"

"Alright, alright, got the human anatomy lesson. I'll be good, I promise. Just gotta remember, we haven't seen each other since I tortured him to get the ring of Amarra back. It might not be a pleasant reception for me, either. Have you told him about me since I got the chip?"

"Only that you had a chip implanted and you were reluctantly helping us. That was when I saw him last, after I was brought back. Other than that I haven't talked to him much. Oh, he also knows you stayed and looked after Dawn when I…you know."

"Well, that's a good thing, I guess.

She swatted him gently on the arm. "Come on, it's now or never."

"Easy for you to say, luv. Easy for you to say."

They walked hand in hand up to the doors of the hotel. Spike was the one who pulled away before opening the door, but he gave her a loving nudge for assurance. The front area was empty but they heard noises coming from the other office located to the right. Angel came through the doorway, shuffling paperwork, checking to see who was visiting at this late hour.

"Buffy!" Angel looked at her in surprise then glanced at Spike quickly. Back to Buffy. He held his hands up not sure whether to hug her or not.

"How are you?" He stepped forward and gave her a loving embrace in which she returned. Spike stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked down at his shoes.

"Just fine, you?"

"Couldn't be better…So…Spike. Never thought I'd see the likes of you again. Heard you were…incapacitated?"

"Angel. I didn't really think I'd see you again, either. Needed to talk."

"Aboooout?" He sarcastically asked.

"I think I will find somewhere else to go," Buffy made her way out of the room. Spike sighed and shook his head.

"Drusilla."

"What about Dru?" Angel walked over to the front desk, placing his stack of papers down. Spike followed him but stayed at a distance.

"She came back to Sunnydale with intentions that were not fully welcomed and I…”

"She's dust, right?" Spike was speechless for a bit.

"I staked her, yes, she's gone. How did you know?"

"I had a feeling, didn't know what exactly. It’s that Sire, Childe thing. I’d feel something, too, if it were you that died. Now with you showing up here, well, kind of set it in stone about the feeling over Dru. Wouldn't imagine you showing up for any other reason other than to try to kill me…So, Will, I see your carting around some extra baggage."

"What?...You mean you're no…angry about it?"

"Why would I be? I told Dru a long time ago to stay away, far away if she was going to cause trouble. Darla and she worked up a scheme not too long ago, got burned for it, in more ways than one."

"Remember that, she came back to Sunnydale looking for me. I threatened to stake her then but she left." Spike said, of course leaving out the parts about Buffy and why he threatened to stake Dru in the first place. "And what do you mean, extra baggage?"

"Something new, something different about you. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you had a soul yourself. But that's highly imposs…"

"I do," Spike interrupted him, "actually. And I wasn't cursed with it."

Angel looked at him in amazement. "How is that possible? The only other way to get one that I know of is to seek it. There's a demon that specializes in granting things, forgot their name, though, but it’s not trustworthy. I think you have to go through a set of trials or something or other."

"Yep, three. Three separate trials. Tough, I thought I was going to bloody die. Hurt like a bugger when I got the thing, too."

"Well, I'm…shocked. I'd say speechless, but nothing about you, William, leaves me speechless anymore. Why'd you do it?"

"Um, let's just say personal reasons. Tired of living in between what with the chip in my head and all. And I was already helping Buffy and the Scoobies."

Buffy wandered back in once she realized neither one of the boys had decapitated or dusted the other. It was funny to see them talking civilly to one another, like nothing ugly had ever happened between them. Angel turned and smiled at her.

"Why don't you two stay the night? You can take off tomorrow evening after sunset. Give us a chance to catch up with one another."

Spike started to protest. "I think…"

Buffy butted in. "Sure, that would be nice." Spike gave her a nasty look but then it softened.

"The rooms on the second floor from 210 to 220 are all made up as guest rooms. Help yourselves. Guess I'll see you in the morning then."

"Good night."

Angel walked back to the office but turned just in time to notice Buffy sliding her hand into Spike's as they ascended the stairs.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

They got adjoining rooms but ended up sharing one room that night. Spike sprawled out on top of the comforter on the bed, hands behind his head while Buffy busied herself getting ready for the night. She slipped into bed next to him wanting to discuss the events that had unfolded earlier. Spike was astounded that he still remained among the living and un-living. Buffy listened to him intently until she slowly started to drift off. Spike brushed the hair away from her face and kissed her forehead.

"Go to sleep, luv. We'll talk some more tomorrow. We always have tomorrow. I love you, Buffy."

"Mmm, tomorrow. I love you, too," she mumbled as she rolled over on her other side, facing away from Spike. Spike lifted his head up off the pillow, mouth dropping open, eyes bugging out. He wanted so much to shake her awake and ask her to repeat the last thing she said. He could wait until tomorrow; at least he thought he could. Maybe that 'someday' was finally here. Just maybe.

TBC

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**