Disclaimer: Song lyrics belong to Bryan Adams and his sexy voice. I don't own either one. Be forewarned, may include some *spoilers* for upcoming episodes. So if you are trying to remain unspoiled, don't go there! All these characters, (except *my* RJ and Megan), and spoilers that will really happen in the weeks ahead, all belong to one Joss Whedon and his affiliates. I'm just embellishing with the fluffiness because we all know Joss is not the fluffy spuffy type.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

By evening, Spike was mobile, but barely. Buffy called Dawn to let her know they were staying overnight and hope to be home by the following evening. She would call before they actually left. As she hung up the phone, she heard a few expletives from the other room.

"Dammit all to bloody hell! Will you just sod off? And stop molly coddling me!"

Buffy walked into the room as Spike was finishing his rant.

"Why does everyone feel it necessary to be over indulgent towards me? Buffyyyy…tell him to stop and, and to…to go away."

Buffy started to giggle when she saw that Angel was playing nurse maid to Spike and the blonde’s incessant whining about it. At the same moment Spike saw Angel's hurt expression.

"Bugger," he mumbled as he looked away. "It's just that…you’re stifling. And yeah, I know, I don't need to breathe, but you've already thanked me enough; you've already done quite enough. It's getting to be too much."

"I'm only trying to help, make sure your comfortable, healing and all. I mean, you did take the so called "bullet" for me. The least I can do is, what did you say? Coddle? Just trying to show my appreciation. But I'll back off, if that will make you happy."

"A bit. Thanks…Um, we could play a round of chess if you’d like? Never got the first one really started."

Angel smiled. "I'll go get the board."

Spike rolled his eyes as Angel left the room and looked up at Buffy with adoring but helpless eyes.

"I'm not saying anything and I'm not doing anything either. I think it's sweet that he wants to take care of you. You are his grandchilde, you know. Respect your elders. They're wise beyond their years…way beyond their years in your case."

"Sweet my ass," he mumbled. "And don't patronize me. I'm just not used to seeing this side of him. Kind of gives me the willies. Especially looking back at our precarious relationship."

"I just think he wants to show his appreciation. Show you he does actually care about you. Give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's time for you to accept a reconciliation. Be a man about it."

"You're patronizing again," he said between gritted teeth.

"That's why you love me so." Buffy smiled at him sweetly as she bent down and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Mmhmm, yeah. One of the many reasons." He gently pulled her back to him and kissed her deeper, breaking it off when he heard Angel approach.

The three spent the rest of the night gabbing about the past few years, all the demons and baddies they had met along the way, the most fascinating story belonging to Angel. Both Spike and Buffy were floored that Angel was the father of a currently teenaged son who was rebelling against him. Was even more astonished to find out who the mother was. Go figure; what a cruel yet hilarious world.

Buffy's eyes began to droop and the yawns were coming more often. She decided her bed was calling her and left the boys, who were still talking and playing chess, around midnight. She was happy they were getting along so well. It had been a nice visit but she was ready to go home.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

She was ready to go right at sunset. She had made her phone call to Dawn as promised and now was hustling Spike about. He had, as she knew he would, healed rather quickly even though he was still feeling the aches. All the sleep he had during the day and the good dose of O-negative helped with the speedy recovery.

She threw her arms around Angel's neck as they stood at the entrance and told him to stay in touch more often. He had an open invitation to Sunnydale anytime.

"I'll remember that. Not quite a vacation spot, but I will come and visit."

Spike sighed loudly. "Bloody wonderful. To visit, mind you. Not to stay. Sunnydale is my turf, don't forget that."

Angel gave him a parental look of sternness and clipped the side of his head gently with a cuff of his hand as Spike smirked and held out his hand towards him. Angel grasped it firmly for a second or two before suddenly reaching out with the other hand and pulling Spike into a friendly hug. Spike gasped quietly and reciprocated it, adding a few back pats as well.

Spike cleared his throat. "Uh, right. See ya round."

"Yeah. See you around. And take care of everyone…or else. And stay out of trouble"

He smirked again. "Got it."

Buffy booked it out to the SUV and hopped in.

"Good God woman, why are you in such a hurry? You'd think the end of the world was about to happen," Spike huffed as he pulled himself into the driver's seat with a slight groan.

"I wanted to make a stop along the way. Somewhere special from my childhood. I wanted to tell you something in private before we make it back home."

"Oh…alright. Where is this special place since I am the driver of this beast?"

"I'll tell you how to get there along the way."

"Gotcha."

Twenty minutes and several turns later, they pulled onto an overlook. Spike put the car in park, turned the engine off, but left the radio on playing softly. The expanse of the ocean spread out in front of them as the full moon and twinkling stars danced off of the waves.

Spike chuckled as he looked around in awe. "This is a makeout spot."

"Is not. It's a…it's just a nice view, peaceful and serene."

"Yeah, yeah and all that rot. This is a classic makeout spot and you can't tell me otherwise. Remember, I've been around a long time, and I know a makeout spot when I see one."

"Alright, alright. Geesh. Call it what you will."

"So…do with me what you will."

"Ok, ruining the mood very much right at the moment."

"Oh, sorry. Shutting up now. Go on."

Buffy turned around in her seat so she could look at Spike.

"Do you believe we've actually known each other almost six whole years? Started out as enemies, hating each other, wanting nothing but to kill each other."

"Uh, Buffy, sorry to interrupt, but I never really hated you and the wanting to kill you? Nope, not that either. I know it may have seemed like I did, but when I first saw you at the Bronze and then saw you fight in the alley, all I ever wanted to do was dance with you. You were different and you became my obsession.” He looked away sheepishly.

“It was all just a big tease, the big badness and all. Had to keep a reputation and all, you know being in the master line and what. I loved getting under your skin, watching you seethe with anger until you reached your boiling point. It was like an aphrodisiac to me. And I can't believe I'm telling you this. Somewhere along the way, the lust turned to love. And it just took over and kept growing bigger and larger til it took over my whole existence. You took over my whole existence. I've made up my mind, it doesn't matter anymore. I love you and if you are not in my life then my life is just an emptiness I will have to dredge through. I don't care if you ever love me the way I love you. Just being with you, like this, is the closest I'll ever come to heaven. I vow from this day forward that everything I do, it’ll be for you."

Buffy sat there as if she was a deer caught in headlights, mouth hanging open. As if right on cue, a love song started playing softly on the radio.

~~Look into my eyes, you will see What you mean to me. Search your heart, search your soul And when you find me there you'll search no more.~~

Spike smiled. "I'm sorry. Go ahead and finish what you were saying. I have a tendency to run at the mouth, you of all…"

He was cut off when Buffy grabbed him and pulled him to her, capturing his mouth in a blinding and searing kiss. He tangled his fingers through her golden locks not wanting to let go. She finally pulled away to catch her breath as they leaned in, foreheads together.

~~Look into your heart, you will find There's nothing there to hide. Take me as I am, take my life. I would give it all, I would sacrifice.~~

"Spike…I do love you. I know that sounds so pathetic after that beautiful long speech of…"

Now it was her turn to get cut off with lips of Spike. Buffy wasn't complaining too much at that particular moment either.

~~There's no love, like your love. And no other could give more love. There's nowhere, unless you're there, All the time, all the way.~~

He pulled away slowly and whispered, "Say it again, Buffy. Please, tell me again."

She whispered back, "I love you. I'm sorry I've made you wait so long."

"Doesn't matter."

They sat there kissing, touching and looking at each other as the song played on.

~~Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth trying for. I can't help it, there's nothing I want more. Yeah, I would fight for you, I'd lie for you. Walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you. You know it's true. Everything I do, I do it for you.~~

Buffy smiled at him. "Let's go home. I told Dawnie I had some news for her. Told her it had to do with you. I'm sure the others will be there, too."

"Alright, luv. Let's go home then."

The End

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

A/N Mushy, fluffy, lovey stuff abounds. 8) Song lyrics (not all of the lyrics included in story) from one of my most favorite singers and songs: Bryan Adams: Everything I Do (I Do It For You). Thought it fit in perfectly with the moment. THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE STORY! ~Mel