Author's Chapter Notes:
Well are heading into some new material mixed with old.....soon it will be all new......
Mystical Place May 14th

Wesley relaxed as he pictured how each person would die at his hand. He would leave Buffy or Faith till last, thinking he might have to flip a coin to make his final choice. Both bitches would first watch as their friends, lovers, and family died bloody and painful deaths.

"I forgot, we will have to leave our lovely Faith alive just a little bit longer," Wesley said with an evil chuckle. "How could I forget she is carrying something we want? Well, that makes it easier and leaves the coin tossing for other things. Like, do I gut Giles from chin to groin, or do I just slowly, inch by inch cut off his head."

He swirled his wine that by firelight had the appearance of being blood. He wished he had been able to watch as Angel met his climatic end. It would have pleased his heart to bear witness as the pompous arse turned to dust. The arrogant bastard thinking that the likes of him, and his little band of avengers, as Spike liked to call them, could really make a difference.

It had cost him his precious Fred, the one that carried his heart, soul, and salvation. She was now lost to him, since her soul was drifting wherever lost souls go. The blue-skinned demon bitch died in her body making it impossible for his Fred to find peace. He would make sure that Willow and Giles paid for that little fiasco as well. Just, another reason, for them both to die slow and torturous deaths he reasoned as he pictured torturing the redheaded witch.

He sat back and enjoyed his wine as he continued to plan, each and every step, he would take to make sure they screamed and beg for their suffering to end. He would start with Xander, for he represented the heart of the Scoobies. Next would be Wood, for he would be icing on the cake at making Faith suffer, since he couldn't kill her right away. Next, he would take out the witch, just so she knew how weak she really was. Then Giles, his death would bring him the most satisfaction. Buffy's would be next to last, and it would bring him such pleasure to end that slut's life. Then right after the whore Faith delivered her child, before the placenta followed, he would mutilate her and make her scream for release before he granted it to her.

*******

Las Vegas May 14th 9 a.m.

Illyria had felt edgy for a few hours now. Something was nagging at her telling her that not all was well. For some reason she could not stop thinking about Wesley and how peaceful he looked, as he died in her arms while she lied to him at his request. She had to fight beside the others. She never told the others this, but at the time she could feel Fred's presence inside her, pushing her on.

She looked around to see what everyone was doing. Spike was currently in the bedroom sleeping, with the infant. The wolf was staring out the window with a blank look on his face. He presented a problem to her, for she could not read him at all. Lorne was looking through a magazine mumbling he could have told them this and told them that. Young Conner was preparing lunch, having taken a bottle out of the refrigerator to ward off the chill.

"Yeah," Oz said, answering his cell phone. "Got it," he said as he stood to hand the phone over to Lorne.

"It's me." Lorne's voice was serious, not his usually bubbly self.

"Lorne, there are people looking for you," Ernie said. "I've told them I have not heard from you in ages, but I'm not sure they believed me."

"Then we will see what we can do on our own. You shouldn't risk it," Lorne said with a sincere concern in his voice.

"No, I already had things set up and Oz knows how to get access," Ernie reassured his friend. "It cannot be traced back to me, so don't worry about it. Just take care of yourself and keep safe. I love you like family and I hate that I cannot do more."

"You have done more than you should've actually," Lorne replied, dropping his overly vibrant way of talking and use of nicknames, telling everyone in hearing distance, just how serious the Pylean was.

"You need me, you call. If it's in my power it will be done," Ernesto said, knowing this could be the last time he heard from his friend.

"Keep you and yours safe, kiss the wife and kiddies," Lorne replied before hanging up the phone.

The room stayed silent for a moment before Conner spoke up, "Should I wake up pale face for this?"

"I heard that mini Peaches." Spike chuckled as he sauntered out of the bedroom pulling on his tee shirt. "So share the news, Greenjeans."

"It would seem Precious there has the answers." Lorne sighed as he pointed at Oz. "And there are some people looking for me."

"Well, Wolfie do I have my porn name yet or am I going to be some regular Joe?" Spike asked feeling tired and drained since he had no real rest. "The people looking for you, well, we will cross that bridge if they happen to find you."

"Spike is porn," Conner mumbled as he took a seat on the couch.

"Heard that too, brat," Spike said with a smile.

Oz just watched the banter between the two and patiently waited for them to settle down and listen. He was buying time before he told them he had to leave them to go and get what they needed. They couldn't take the chance that someone would recognize one of them, since people were looking for the green demon and most likely Angel's son, too.

"So spill it," Spike said giving Oz a serious look.

Oz realized then that Spike knew what he was doing all along as he answered. "I have to go alone into town and pick up the stuff we need."

"Then do it, mate," Spike said as he gave Oz a reassuring smile.

"He could betray us," Illryia said in her monotone voice.

"He could, but he won't," Spike replied. "You see he's a white hat through and through. It was his knight in white armor attitude that cost him his girl, thought he needed to leave to protect her from his beastie. He knows he needs us to get the Scoobies to believe the fact Angel never done the Angelus on them."

Oz smirked as he nodded. Spike had nailed it on the head. In the short time being in the vampire's company, he had noticed the change in the demon. The gentle way he handled the baby and how he handled himself with the others, made it apparent that the master vampire was just that. He was the man in charge and made it look as if he was just one of the gang.

"You need to get rid of your phone." Oz looked over at Lorne and pointed at the green demon's cell phone. "No more calls from it. Have mine and I will call you after I pick up the package. If you get two rings it means get out of here in a hurry."

"Got it, champ." Lorne nodded his head.

"Lorne, if you don't want to come with, I understand," Spike offered the Pylean another chance to leave and move on.

"No, I have to do this, I have to clear Angel's name." Lorne sighed with a forced smile on his face. "It's one thing not to follow him to the hero's death, but I can't let his death be a lie to cover up his attempt to buy the world we know a longer lease."

"I understand, Lorne, I really do." Conner walked over and placed his hand on the demon's shoulder giving him a reassuring squeeze.

"You think we'd be going anywhere near anyone if we didn't need to so that we can clear Angel and his little band of avengers names." Spike snorted. "I got a kid to raise here."

Everyone but Illryia laughed at that, including Oz. Lorne realized when Spike had called him by his name and not one of his many endearments, the vampire was being sincere. Spike's sincerity is what made him vow to see this out to the end.

"Take care, wolf boy, and come back alive and in one piece." Spike said giving him a meaningful look, which Oz acknowledged with a nod before leaving out of the cabin.

"You risk much by letting him leave alone," she finally said.

"We risk more if one of us goes with him," Spike replied. "If I can't trust him now, what's the use of continuing further. Not an evil bone in that skinny little body of his, I'd know."

"You should go back and rest some more," Lorne addressed Spike. "I got Spike mini me when he wakes up. Helped take care of Angel mini me when he was first brought in to this world."

Spike fought a yawn, still not feeling up to full strength since the big battle a few days ago. "Thanks, G-man."

"Does that mean I get a gun or will I drive the getaway car?" Lorne chuckled.

"Can shoot and drive if ya like." Spike smirked as he stood up to return to the bedroom to catch some more sleep.

"Sweet dreams." Conner smiled.

Spike thought to himself as he closed the bedroom door. 'Oh, you just don't know how sweet they are.'

******

Rome May 14th 6 p.m.

"God Buffy!" Dawn yelled. "You could call him, you know, let him know you'd like to see him."

"He's the one that left here pissed off for some reason that I have no clue about," Buffy reasoned, wondering why she wasn't interested in calling her current boyfriend. Then was surprised when she wondered why she even was dating the man.

Since the dream about Spike and sex, she had no interest in seeing Nick or any other male species for that matter. She was content to just sit and watch the sunset, eating her ice cream- Chunky Monkey, Spike's favorite.

"He loves you and all you can do is sit there and eat ice cream." Dawn fumed, trying to keep from punching her sister in the face.

"Dawn, he has never said he loves me, and I can honestly say I don't love him," Buffy told her sister. "I like him, but I'm not ready for the love you forever, I’m fully baked relationship, yet. I've just got my life back for the first time since I was 15 years old. I have a me to go out and find."

Dawn looked at her sister as if she had two heads. "What are you saying?"

"Dawn, I want to find what it is I want to do with my life. Nick is great, don't get me wrong, but he's not the man I want to settle down and have kids with," Buffy explained, knowing she wanted the family she dreamed about with Spike.

"I just don't understand you. You use men and then wonder why they leave you," Dawn said to hurt her sister.

"I have not used Nick, he knew from the beginning I was not looking for anything but to date and have fun. I told him from the beginning I was far from settling down into a permanent relationship," Buffy told her sister, the words not cutting her as Dawn had planned.

"You used Spike, and Riley," Dawn hissed.

"Yes, I used Spike at first, but I never used Riley. Riley just couldn't handle me being the slayer. He wanted me to lean on him more then I was capable of doing," Buffy explained, with a sad smile on her face.

"You used Spike all along, from the time I can remember, you've used him. You wouldn't know love it if it hit you right in the heart."

"I do know love, and most of all, how much it hurts. As for Spike, I'd built a wall around my heart after Angel that grew thicker after Riley. He still managed to tunnel his way through and claim a portion that still cries out for him. You don't know how much I regret not telling him that night. Instead, I was stupid, and all I let him do was hold me and give me his strength. Dawn no one will love me the way he did, never. Plus, I'm not sure I could let anyone that deep inside my heart again," Buffy whispered as tears threatened to fall.

"He tried to rape you."

"Did he?" Buffy turned her tear streaked face up to look at her sister. "The truth is Dawn you heard Xander's version. You never asked me for mine."

"You mean there are different versions on how to rape someone?" Dawn said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

"No, but sometimes pain can make a person, or demon do something terrible they never intended or someone misinterprets," Buffy said as she began to cry. "I wasn't very nice to him either, with all my hot and cold treatment of him. I pushed him to the brink of madness that set him up for the fall. But in the end he still came back to me, with a soul that he got for the girl. That girl being me Dawnie, he went and changed for me. He suffered the insanity, and he pulled himself out of it for me. He fought his inner demon even under the influence of The First because he loved me."

Dawn looked at her sister and noticed the pain in her eyes at the memories she was sharing. They had never talked about Spike and the details that led up to the event in the bathroom. She had heard the others talk about how Spike had fought for his soul for Buffy. Never had she heard it come from her sister's lips.

"When I play his words over in my head from that night in the bathroom all I hear is his pain and agony of not being loved and not knowing how to deal with it. He had come to me to explain how he went to Anya to find something to numb the pain. Instead of seeing him and the pain I had caused him I hurt him more. Every time I needed him he was there, the one time he needed me." Buffy couldn't continue as she sobbed into her hands.

Dawn felt conflicted, a part of her wanted to comfort her sister. The other part of her wanted to lash out and tell her that Nick was more worth than one hundred Spikes. The ringing of the phone broke the moment and the young teenager turned from her sister to answer it.

"Hello."

"Hello little one, is your sister awake?" Nick asked, working his magic on Dawn.

"Yeah, she's awake." Dawn snorted. "Do you really want to talk to her? She's not in the best of moods."

Nick felt concerned, wondering if his little spell on the Slayer was wearing off." Put her on the phone, Bella."

Dawn walked out on the balcony and handed the phone to her crying sister. "It's Nick, talk to him."

Buffy looked up at her sister, shocked by her treatment. She continued to stare and make no attempt to take the phone. The last thing she wanted right now was to talk to Nick. To be honest she really didn't want to see him anymore.

"Buffy, take the phone." Dawn insisted as she thrust the receiver toward her sister.

Buffy shook her head no and stood glaring at her sister before she turned away. The fact that Dawn was treating her like this made her realize she needed to get away from her sister for a while. She would wait for Dawn to go to bed and then she'd call Rona to come and stay for a while.

"Bitch," Dawn said loud enough for her sister to hear.

"I've been told by better judges than you," Buffy replied as she walked past her sister and into the apartment.

"She's not wanting to talk to you right now, she's busy being bitchy Buffy," Dawn whined into the phone.

"Don't worry, Bella we will work it out tomorrow when I come by."

"I hope so, but first you have to make her forget about a certain blonde bad ass," Dawn replied, not realizing he would recognize Spike's description.

"Excuse me?" Nick asked, wondering if it was Spike she was speaking of.

"Oh, it's nothing you need to worry about, he's dead. She just needs to move on, is all I’m saying."

"Oh, I understand." Nick sighed as if he was sympathetic to Buffy's plight. "I will see you tomorrow."

"Okay, see ya then."

As she walked over to hang up the phone she noticed for the first time today's date. It hit her suddenly why her sister was acting so cranky and depressed, it was one year ago today one blonde badass vampire had given his undead life to close the Hellmouth. For the first time since yelling at her sister, she regretted doing so.

*******

Outside of Vegas May 14th 11 a.m.

Oz wondered what Spike had planned for them as he pulled up to the bank just like Ernesto had instructed him. Inside he was to approach a small blonde female with the name of Sonya Jenson. She had everything he needed.

He felt eyes upon him as soon as he entered the bank, and there she stood watching him with knowing look on her face. It would seem she had been expecting him as well as she approached him with a look of friendly recognition.

"Mr. Swanson, how wonderful it is to see you again." She greeted him, letting him know she was in the game. "I have everything ready, just like you'd asked. If you would come with me I have them in my office."

"Thank you Miss Jenson." He replied with a smile as he checked out the rest of the bank with a quick glance, not finding anything that looked or smelled like a setup.

He followed her toward the office, again using his senses to see if he could tell if he was being watched, or if anything seemed out of place. So far, everything felt as it should. No one seemed interested in him at all as they entered her office.

"Don't worry, I have magical wards protecting us here." She was quick to assure him once the door was closed. "I will not betray you, and please tell Lorne, Sonya will protect him with her life if need be."

"I hope it doesn't come to that, but I will let him know." Oz replied, wondering what the demon had done to warrant such loyalty from this woman and Ernesto.

"He saved my brother and for that I owe him my life." Sonya answered the question she saw in the young man's eyes. Not telling him that she was Ernesto's sister. "This box holds all you will need, including several glamour spells if you would need them. This camera has a special film, once you take their picture and put it the identification meant for them, the picture will automatically fit the ID."

"Look out digital." Oz snorted good naturally.

"Inside you will find a birth certificate for the baby. All that needs to be done is whoever wishes to take on his care to sign their names. He will then truly become their son in word and deed. So make sure whoever plans on raising the child as their own forever signs their name. No one should sign it unless they truly wish to be mother or father to the child."

"So if only one right now wishes to be the father only he should sign." Oz made sure he understood.

"Yes, and if and when he finds the woman to share the child with him should he have her sign, making sure she realizes she would then be the child's mother." Sonya clarified. "I also suggest that members of your group change their appearance as much as they can. This blue orb is for Lorne with instructions how to use it. He will take on a human disguise until he breaks the spell."

Oz smirked as a plan came to mind as he replied, "I hear ya. Do you have another one? We have another demon traveling with us."

"Give me a moment to see what I can arrange. Female or Male?" She said as pulled out her cell phone.

"Female."

"Claudia, darling, was wondering if you had another blue orb. It seems the customer would love another one." She asked. "He says the wife would love one too. Great, yes that would be great. See you in a few minutes."

Sonya hung up the phone and said, "It will be here shortly. I will find it on my desk as we leave. Now we must go, the wards are very strong, but are almost at their limit. It's difficult since it's a public place."

"I understand."

"Thank you!" Oz told her, knowing anything more might offend since her sense of loyalty to Lorne.

"I wish you all safe journey. Here is my card if you have any questions and please use the name I have given you to contact me with." She offered as she handed him her business card. "Memorize it and then destroy it."

He followed her out of the office and toward a desk just outside the office. On the chair was a small blue box just sitting there, giving him a sense that they just might be able to pull this off without a hitch. She walked over picking up the box as if it was something she'd forgotten to give him.

"I'm so sorry I had forgotten this Mr. Swanson." She said as she placed on top of what he was carrying, giving him a knowing wink. "I hope you have a nice time down under. I've always wanted to go to Australia."

"Thank you again, Miss Jenson. As always, it has been a pleasure doing business with you." Oz said as he gave her a small bow before leaving.

As he made it to his car he couldn't help but think of the plan he had on how to change Conner and Spike's appearance. He looked around town and knew a little shopping expedition was in order. He'd noticed a department store outside of town and smiled at what he had planned. The thought of Spike's expression made him chuckle as he got behind the wheel of his car.

*******

Somewhere over Europe May 14th 8 p.m.

Xander looked over the night sky and stared at the stars as he relaxed and tried to enjoy the plane ride. He could not believe he was going to Cleveland of all places. But the need to talk with Robin was calling him. Wood was one of the few he could really talk to about some things since the fall of Sunnydale. His plane was landing in Amsterdam and from there he would catch his connection on to The Rock-n-Roll, new demon party, Capital of the world.

The dream he had about Buffy would not go away. He was starting to feel like Anya had come back in his dreams to warn him about something bad. To offer advice how to beat evil, not to recruit him to demon league united. It scared him to think the badness involved Buffy in some way. The connections Faith and Robin made in Cleveland, he was sure someone they knew that could help him to decipher the dream.

If the dream had any substance to it at all, he would do everything in his power to prevent Buffy from falling. The last thing she needed was to go evil Buffy on them, then who would be there to save the day. Because no matter what came along to try and destroy their world, Summers always saved the day.

'Don't worry, Buffy for all the times you saved my ass I will save yours even if I have to die to do it,' Xander silently vowed as he looked out into the darkened sky.

Since the fall of Sunnydale, he'd had a lot of time to reflect. He knew now, that losing his eye was something the preacher had planned to help further distance Buffy from them. It hurt when he realized his getting hurt was the catalyst that made them turn against her leadership of their merry gang of demon fighters. He now understood and accepted the fact that his friend was never at fault for what had happened to him that night. It all belonged to Caleb.

He thought it funny he would be traveling to the new main Hellmouth on the anniversary of the destruction of Sunnydale. He thought of how Spike had called it Sunnyhell and agreed for once with the dusted pain in the ass how true it was. He closed his eyes and tried to grab a few winks before landing. Anya again visited him while he slumbered, telling him he needed to welcome him back with open arms. The only problem was he didn't know who the him was she was talking about.

*******