Author's Chapter Notes:
I wish to thank everyone here....A big thank you....for those who have reviewed, letting me know I'm touching a few of you out there......
Rome May 14th 2 p.m.

Buffy sat on the couch trying to ignore Dawn's glare. For some reason her sister was angry with her, but would not say why. She would only snort, stomp her foot, and continue to glare. So, Buffy had decided to ignore the little brat while she waited to hear something… anything from Giles or Andrew.

"I can't believe you," Dawn huffed.

"What can't you believe about me now?" Buffy sighed, as she looked over at her sister.

"What did you do that pissed Nick off?" Dawn asked, as she stood over Buffy with her hands across her chest.

"I don't know what the hell you are talking about? When was I supposed to have seen Nick? Let alone piss him off?" Buffy asked, wondering what she had missed since last night.

"He was here early this morning, but he left angry," Dawn replied through clenched teeth. "So, what did you do to make him leave?"

"I don't know Dawn since I didn't know he was here," Buffy explained, wondering why Nick hadn't woke her up or crawled in bed with her like he normally did, but she was secretly happy he hadn't.

"Fine, don't tell me," Dawn said as she threw up her arms and stormed away.

Buffy shook her head trying to figure out why Dawn was acting more of a spoiled brat than usual, and why Nick would have left giving Dawn the impression he was angry. She put down the romance novel she was reading and tried to think back to this morning.

The more she thought about it the more she came to realize he must have been there when she'd had her little wet dream. She had woken up from feeling more sexually fulfilled since the last time she and Spike had been together.

"I wonder if I called out Spike's name in my sleep," she mumbled, thinking to herself that as much as she cared for Nick, she didn't love him the way she did Spike, or Angel for that matter. "I guess we will have something to talk about if he decides to talk to me again."

Buffy picked up her book and resumed reading, changing the names in the book of the romantic couple. Instead of Rebecca and Ivan, she called them Elizabeth and William. She figured it was her fantasy, she could name them as she saw fit. She couldn't help but wonder why she dreamed of Spike, being pregnant, and having a son already by the name of Aidan.

*******

Las Vegas May 14th 5:30 a.m.

Oz felt a sense of relief come over him. "So you're telling me that Angel was fighting for the good guys."

"Yes, don't know what's up with the Angel and company going evil angle," Spike mumbled, trying to think the benefit that lie would do. "I wonder what the sneaky little bastards are up to, tellin' that big lie"

"It is to help place doubt in the mind of those that trusted him and his people," Illyria offered. "It is a tactic to divide and conquer."

"That does make sense," Spike agreed. "Who would they mostly want to make believe such bull?"

"Who would they most benefit by discrediting Angel's and the others reputation to?" Illyria asked.

Spike felt a chill run up his spine. "Buffy. They are out to use this against Buffy some how."

"Buffy?" Illyria asked, "Who or what is this Buffy?"

"She's the vampire slayer," Spike responded automatically.

"Vampire slayer, I had wondered if they still existed," Illryia said.

"You had a slayer in your time?" Spike asked.

"Yes, they existed in our time," she replied as she noticed the pained look on Spike's face. "Did your slayer choose you as a mate?"

"Choose me as a mate, you say," Spike said as he glared at the blue demon. "Why would she choose a vampire for a mate?"

"Several of the slayers would choose a mate among the vampires," Illyria explained. "They would mate and have children that would grow up and become slayers themselves."

"You say slayers as in plural, more than one?" Lorne asked.

"They were a tribe of strong women, by the name of Purians, who would not come into their power until it was deemed so. Usually it was on their fifteenth or sixteenth birthday," Illyra explained as she looked at them confused. "Tell me about your slayer."

"She was the one chosen to fight demons and slay vampires. There is only one, and when that one dies another is called," Spike explained, trying to understand what Blue was telling them. "Well, used to be one, now there is more than one since the spell."

"Then something has happened to change the order of things," Illyria said. "For in my time there were many of these brave warriors, not just one. The Purian women were the only ones powerful enough in the end to defeat us. Tell me about this spell."

"Not much to say, Buffy found a rare weapon that she had Red use to pass on her slayer powers onto the potential slayers out in the world. See we were trying to defeat The First, and he was kicking our bloody arses until Buffy found the weapon."

"Was the weapon like a doubled edged axe with a point?" Illyria asked, as things started to fall into place.

"Yeah, how did you know?" Spike asked, feeling anxious about what her answer was going to be.

"Did she speak with The Guardian, an older woman with long white hair and an old dress, almost like robes?" the demon asked, wondering how much she should tell them.

"You are givin' me a case of the spooks, Blue," Spike said as he took a long look at the warrior Goddess.

"Things are coming to pass, The First was nothing compared to what you are to face," Illyria informed them. "You need to inform your slayer of what has happened so she is armed and ready for the fight of her life and everyone who fights by her side."

"I think you need to explain yourself just a little bit more, Miss Sunshine and Death," Lorne said as he tried to keep himself from walking out the door and walking away from all of this madness.

"There is a prophecy that tells of the old demons coming back to claim what they consider theirs. It speaks of a dead warrior race being resurrected at the time of the first uprising. This race of warriors will be the only thing that will stand between mankind and Hell."

"What side do you plan to fight on?" Conner asked, his voice calm with no accusatory tone to it.

She looked at the others as she seriously thought about this. Deep inside, she wanted to walk away and offer her hand to the winning side. But having been in the presence of Spike and his friends these last few months made her think they could be the winning side.

"I would be lying if I said I have not given thought to switching sides, getting back the power and respect that should be mine," she answered honestly. "But I have come to realize that the demons may not win, and for some reason that does not sadden me as it should."

"It's called caring about others." Spike sighed. "Been there done that. My reason was a little blonde spitfire and her little squirt sister. Now, it's 'cause I care about the world I live in and I don't much care to see people I have come to care about suffer. Blame it on my soul if you'd like, but that is the way of it."

"You have your soul?" Oz asked, shocked to hear this little bit of news. "Nobody said anything about you having a soul?"

"Wasn't like it was something I went advertising," Spike defended himself, feeling somewhat vulnerable.

"Wow, did you get cursed like Angel?" Oz asked.

"No, I won it fair and square. No limitations and no losing it if I get a little too happy." Spike snorted.

"Why?" Oz asked, wondering what would make a vampire go in search of a soul.

"For a girl," Spike whispered, looking down at the baby that was now in his arms and looking up at him. "For the love of a girl who likes way too much demon in her men it would seem"

Lorne noticed the pained look on Spike's face and knew he was thinking about Buffy. He was shocked when Illyria reached out and placed her hand on the vampire's shoulder in a comforting gesture.

"Was she your mate?" she asked gently.

Spike looked up with tears in his eyes. "No, I never would’ve been her choice for a mate. Angel fits that bill."

"She probably thinks Angel went Angelus on her," Oz said as he noticed the closeness between Spike the blue demon.

"Then she needs to be told the truth, and you need to tell me more on how the Pruians died out," Illryia said.

"Don't know about the Pruians, but I think Giles and his council of watchers can help you with that one," Oz offered as he tried to figure out how he was going to manage getting them to Buffy without detection.

"Watchers?" Illyria asked, "This is something new. What are watchers?"

"Watchers are the ones that help the Slayer with her training," Spike explained. "They have a way of finding potential slayers and training them for the day they might be chosen to protect and serve humanity."

"How did these so called watchers get control of such a powerful race and deplete them to just one?" Illyria asked, feeling more and more like something was wrong with this story.

"Don't know, just know it's been in place as long as I've been undead," Spike replied as he started to wonder about a few things himself. "It’s another question we can ask Rupert when we see him.

"So we are going to England?" Oz asked, knowing the answer, just needed it said out loud.

"We are going across the pond and pay a visit to the old homeland." Spike nodded his head as he placed the baby up on his shoulder. "Then we need to make a trip to Rome and see a girl about the truth concernin' her mate."

"I think we should take some downtime first and then talk about what we need to do," Conner suggested, thinking they needed new identities and to make a few plans.

"Ernesto gave me instructions to take you up to his cabin for a few day to lay low and let him get you secure ID's," Oz informed them. "I think that is what we should do for now."

"Okay," Lorne agreed. "I think that is a good plan to start with. Rest up and then figure out our next step."

"Sounds good to me," Spike agreed as he looked over at Conner and Illryia who also shook their head in silent agreement. "Settled then, hook up your car, and take us where we need to be."

"Give me a second. I noticed you had a hitch on the back," Oz said and he stood and moved toward the door, stopping before he opened it making sure Spike was away from the sunlight, since it had risen while they were talking. "If you don't mind I want to help."

"Never one to refuse good help," Spike said. "Welcome aboard mate."

Oz simply nodded his head before carefully opening the door and leaving so he could hook his car up to the back. He for once had a purpose since he was bitten. He knew without a doubt that this was his destiny.

*******

Somewhere mystical May 14th

"I thought I was dead," he said to the dark skinned man that gave him his life back.

"Well technically you were," Rhumada said, as he looked at the human he had brought back to life. "It was the knife that was used to kill you, using a spell it was used to capture your spirit once you died."

Wesley smiled as he lifted his arms above his head to stretch his body, wanting to get all the kinks out of it. "It feels so good to be alive again. No conscious to weigh me down, it would seem no soul either to burden me with guilt."

"Yes, you are free of the humanity that kept you back from reaching your full potential," Rhumada explained. "You will serve the master and he will take care of you and make sure all your needs are met."

"All my needs?" Wesley smiled evilly as he thought of all the things he could do now. "So if I would truly kill my father for real, I would not feel bad, correct?"

"No, you would most likely dance in his blood and rejoice at your new found freedom."

"Then as they say," Wesley looked at the other man and winked, "Shall we dance?"

"You just have to do a little something for me first," Nick said from the doorway, enjoying the former white hat now wearing his new persona so well. "I first need you to take a trip and see a former colleague and worm your way back onto the council."

"Oh, must I deal with Giles so soon? He bores the Hell out of me." Wesley laughed. "Can't I have a little fun first?"

"What would you consider fun?" Nick asked with a indulgent smile on his face. He really liked this new Wesley.

"Oh, I would love to kill something just for the sport of it." Wesley sighed as he put his hands over his heart. "To be exact, I would love to kill someone that is so near and dear to my heart."

"Who?" Nick asked, wondering whom from Angel's group he would want to kill.

"Faith." Wesley sighed with a dreamy smile on his face. "I can't stand the bitch, and I want her to pay for making me look like a ponce in Sunnydale."

Nick chuckled and felt terrible that he was going to have to decline his new servant his request for now. "I'm afraid her death must wait, you see she carries something valuable to me at the moment."

"Really?" Wesley questioned him. "What is so precious she should be allowed to live?"

"She carries the child of a slayer and the son of a slayer," Nick explained, knowing as a former watcher, Wesley would know what that could mean.

Wesley understood and agreed with his master, "You are so right, she does indeed carry something very precious indeed."

"I knew you'd see it my way." Nick smiled. "But you get dibs on her when she spits the brat out of her womb."

"I like how you think Master," Wesley replied, thinking he just might have to make a special visit right after she gave birth. "So in the meantime what is it you wish me to do?"

"I want you to get in tight with Mr. Giles and play the injured party. We will have to make the beating seem real, but it can be done so you can enjoy it," Nick explained. "I need you on the inside to make it easier to take down the watchers and the slayers."

"I'm here to serve you anyway I can." Wesley bowed to the man who was truly responsible for having him brought back to life.

"Come, first refreshments and rest," Nick explained. "Then in a couple days I will arrange for you to be found and taken in by Giles and his little band of white hats."

Wesley followed his master out of the room thinking to himself that he no longer had to worry about anything because Nick would take care of it for him. All he had to do was get in tight with Giles and his little band of demon fighters and help take them down from the inside.

*******

Over the Atlantic May 14th 11:30 a.m.

Willow smiled as she felt her lover giving her pleasure. The words he whispered in her ear making her hotter and she was finding it hard to breathe. The feel of him inside her was bliss, she felt complete for the first time since Oz and Tara.

"I love you," he said, as he continued to make love her.

"I love you, too," she replied, as she met him thrust for thrust.

"Mine, you're mine," he growled.

"I'm yours." She moaned in reply, as he started to thrust harder.

"Never leave, never stray again." He touched her clit sending her over the edge as she screamed his name. "Oz!"

"Willow, baby, run," he said as he quickly pulled away from her. "Cleveland, you must go to Cleveland. Find Faith and protect her."

Willow heard the pounding and scratching on the door as she turned to him and begged, "Come with me, you promised."

"I will find you, now go," Oz told her as he threw her clothes at her. "Remember I will come for you."

"I love you," Willow cried as she dressed and ran to the window.

"I love you, too, now go, baby," Oz begged her as the growls and scratching on the door intensified.

The last thing she saw was her lover in wolf form taking on the beast coming through the door before dropping to the ground in a dead run.

The Captain's voice awakened her from the bad dream she was having. "Everyone please be seated and seat belts fastened. We are making our final approach to Heathrow."

Willow found she couldn't shake the effects of the dream. She couldn't wait to get to the coven and talk to Agnes and Megan. The feeling that something bad was coming grew stronger as did the urge to go to Cleveland.

*******

Cleveland May 14th 10 a.m.

Andrew checked himself into the Renaissance in downtown Cleveland, having taken the red eye to get there. He needed some time to think of how he was going to face Faith and tell her the news. By his figuring on survival, he'd felt he'd rather face the dark haired slayer then the big chief in charge. Buffy had lost both her vampire boyfriends in a matter of a year.

First, he was going to enjoy a shower and take a nap, and then he would go down to the warehouse district where some of the most prominent bars in the know of demon information happened to be located. He needed to make some inquires about one of Angel's men that was still unaccounted for. Still MIA was one green demon, named Lorne, he remembered from Angel's gang.

He had no energy to phone in a report to Giles. For once the man in tweed would have to understand that even a superhero crime fighting watcher extraordinaire needed to recharge too, just like the battery.

"Darn it all," he said when his cell phone rang, recognizing the number on the display.

"Hello."

"Andrew, where are you?" Giles patiently asked when what he really wanted to do was illegal in all countries around the world…that is if he was caught.

"Cleveland, given some names to connect with concerning, well you know."

"Yes, Andrew, I do know, since that is my job to know everything I can or know where to find it quickly." Giles sighed, causing Andrew to speculate that at some point in this conversation his boss had taken his glasses off and was cleaning them frantically.

"What have you found out so far?" Giles firmly asked, what he felt should have been given without having being asked.

"Most of what I could find does support the said rumors circulating about said vampire with a soul was of the no longer having one," Andrew droned on, wanting to get off the phone and take a much need rest.

"Any evidence he turned the others to do his bidding?" Giles felt like he was pulling a tooth trying to get information.

"Hope I can get that tonight," Andrew lied, since the thought had not come to mind until the head watcher planted it there.

"Please, Andrew, find out," Giles snapped as he hung up the phone.

"Someone should really tell you how awful your phone skills are," Andrew mumbled as he discarded the phone on the bed before walking to the bathroom. "Its times like these I wish I was a Jedi knight, or the damn pink bunny that kept going and going and going."

The more he thought things through the more he regretted keeping Spike's come back performance a secret. He truly believed this coming forth and telling everyone, would've changed the course of history. But it was too late now to cry over spilt milk. The cow had died and if he told the truth now the only one that would be hurt would be him. The others would leave him out in the cold in a heartbeat. He so believed it to be true that he worked hard at burying the fact Spike was ever involved he buried deep down inside, so no one would find it.

*******