[Reviews - 410] LikedPrinter
Summary: When Spike wins something unexpected over a game of cards, he ends up with a most unlikely crypt-mate and a mission to help a newly resurrected Buffy. With an empathic serpent setting up shop in his head, a scheming warlock on his tail, and a bothersome change in his relationship with the Scoobies, Spike finds himself in the position to save the slayer he loves, the world, and maybe himself in the offing. Winner of Best Long Fiction at the Blood Ties Awards, Round 4, Best Original Demon and Judge's Choice at the Fang Fetish Awards, Round 2. Nominated at the Love's Last Glimpse Awards, Round 13 for best original character, Round 15 for best saga, best Spike characterization, best plot, and best villain, the Spark and Burn Awards, Round 1 for best plot, best Spike characterization, and best original character, and the Blood Ties Awards, Round 4 for best original character.
Rated: 15
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes
Word count: 55712 Read: 31690
Published: 11/13/2005 Updated: 01/06/2006

1. Undead Man’s Hand by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 18] Liked (2979 words)
This is my first fic, so feedback will be much appreciated. I'm going to blame this particular story on reading too much Anne McCaffrey. Fans of her books will understand the connection and I would be remiss in not recognizing her. I would also like to thank my beta, limitlessd, for her encouragement and help. I wouldn't have worked up the guts to post this story without her. Thanks also to LMBossy, for the lovely banner.

2. Fallen by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 11] Liked (2350 words)
I would like to thank everyone who took the time to post feedback on the first chapter. I can't begin to tell you what it meant to me. Because I was such a coward about posting, I have quite a few chapters already written. This one picks up at the end of After Life.

3. Taking Up The Serpent by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 21] Liked (1747 words)
Huge thanks to everyone who has reviewed this story. I really appreciate the encouragement. Thanks again to my lovely beta, limitlessd, who has taken the time to help even though she's going through a rough patch right now. The title is a biblical quote I tweaked for reasons most of you have guessed.

4. Fearful Symmetry by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 18] Liked (3279 words)
I've been blown away by the amount of positive feedback this story has been getting. Thanks to everyone who has left a comment! Thanks also to my beta, limitlessd, who works hard to keep me honest. The title is a nod to William Blake's "The Tyger."

5. Care and Feeding by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 22] Liked (2163 words)
I have managed to escape from the shackles that held me in the kitchen baking pies long enough to post another chapter. Thanks again to everyone who left a review and to my beta, limitlessd.

6. Distrust Fund by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 11] Liked (2731 words)
Now that I've escaped Thanksgiving relatively unscathed, I should be able to get back to a more regular posting schedule. I'd like to thank everyone who commented on the last chapter. The feedback really makes my day. I'll be responding to them all as soon as I can. Thanks also to limitlessd for the proofreading and encouragement.

7. Tomb Raiding by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 19] Liked (2972 words)
Serious thanks again to everyone who reviewed the last chapter. In honor of reaching the half- way point of my last term paper of the semester, I decided to post the next chapter! (What can I say, I'm a workaholic.) This one is unbetaed due to limitlessd being as buried with school work as your truly.

8. Paying the Piper by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 16] Liked (2020 words)
I would like to thank everyone who left a review of the last chapter. The comments made great birthday presents! I would also like to address a concern that a few of you are having. I will be the first to admit that this is a strongly Spike-centric fic, but it is also Spuffy-centric at its heart. For those of you missing Buffy, I promise that she starts playing a much more active role in the second half of the story. The reason why I haven't put her into the fic much thus far is because I am trying to take their relationship in a different direction than their very unhealthy, Season 6 dynamic. With the way I wanted the story to go, that required a little distance, growth, and healing on both Buffy's and Spike’s parts. I hope this doesn't turn anyone off from the story, but that's just the way this cookie is going to crumble. Due to the trials and tribulations of academic life, this story is once again unbetaed. (Oh, and as an aside, the story earns its “violence” warning in this chapter. I’m still pretty fuzzy on the whole rating system, so I would love some feedback on the rating that I have selected for this fic. Thanks!)

9. Bedside Manners by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 22] Liked (2979 words)
I'm snowed in and feeling generous. Thanks for all of the lovely reviews! Once again, unbetaed due to academic strife.

10. Burnt Offerings by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 18] Liked (2091 words)
Thanks for all of the wonderful comments for the last chapter. I'll be responding to each one shortly. This chapter took a while to wrestle into submission. I'm still not entirely happy with it, but sometimes you just have to back away slowly without making any sudden gestures.

11. Erasing the Slate by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 20] Liked (2426 words)
This is the first of a two chapter rewrite of Tabula Rasa. What does that mean? Buffy's in this one! I know, shocking. ;-) Thanks again for all of the reviews. They really make my day.

12. Backsliding into First by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 21] Liked (2855 words)
Thanks again for all of the reviews! Here's the rest of my take on Tabula Rasa.

13. Mi Cripta Es Su Cripta by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 20] Liked (2230 words)
Only one more final to go, so I can escape long enough to work on Serpents. I'm a little nervous about this chapter, so as usual feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter!

14. Scars by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 17] Liked (2989 words)
For those of you who liked introspective Spike from Chapter 4, there's some more of that in this installment. I'd like to thank everyone who left a review for the last chapter. Also, limitlessd has returned from doing battle with the dreaded finals to proofread again, for which I am grateful. As always, I'd love feedback.

15. The Ties That Bind by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 15] Liked (3378 words)
I'm going home for the holidays, which will be great for my stress levels, but potentially problematic for my posting schedule. I hope this chapter can tide everyone over for the next little bit. I promise I'll be back soon. Thanks again for all of the reviews, which I will answer as soon as the dust settles from the end of this semester. Thanks also to limitlessd for her continued encouragement and proofreading.

16. Gifts by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 22] Liked (2505 words)
The Christmas mayhem is chugging right along, but I managed to escape long enough to post this chapter. I hope everyone's holidays are going well. Thanks again for all of the reviews, they make great Christmas presents! Thanks also to limitlessd, beta extraordinaire.

17. Flying Blind by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 17] Liked (4155 words)
I hope that everyone's holidays went as well as mine this year. As an apology for my long absence, here's a particularly long chapter. I hope you enjoy it. In case you do not regularly visit my author's page, I've created an e-mail account for this site. Feel free to drop me a line to complement or complain as the mood strikes you. The address is weyrwolfen@hotmail.com. This chapter should have lots of fodder, seeing as how it is unbetaed. Thanks for the reviews! As always, I would love to get more.

18. Layers of Restraint by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 14] Liked (2444 words)
I hope everyone has a happy New Year. Thanks again for all of the reviews. I love hearing what you guys think of the story.

19. Crossing the Rubicon by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 22] Liked (2632 words)
Thank you for all of the reviews! I will be answering them soon. Before you read this chapter, remember that I promised a happy ending. That said, I will be hiding in a bomb shelter, waiting for the death threats to arrive. Even if you want my head on a pike, please leave a review.

20. Awakenings by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 15] Liked (1953 words)
Thank you for all of the reviews for the last chapter! Some of you sound like you might turn to physical violence if I don't clear up that cliffhanger, so here's the next chapter. Only one more installment to go!

21. Good Will Towards Men by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 51] Liked (2834 words)
So here it is, the last chapter. Will I be writing more about Meret and Co.? Yes. I want to thank each and every one of you who has written a review of this story. The feedback means so much to me. I would also like to thank the person who nominated Meret over at Love's Last Glimpse. I am flattered beyond words.