Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, I said I was going to update tomorrow, but the chapter was ready and I simply couldn’t wait. I really hope you don’t mind. ;)
Thanks to Spuffete, Brittany, DaniD., Spikestheman, BuffyandSpikeForever, Jenny and Kia for taking the time to review. Knowing that you’re liking this story makes me very happy. :D

Special thanks to my sweet Lu82, thanks for letting me bounce all my crazy ideas with you, cariño. :) And to Charis, Spikeskat and Caitie for betaing this chapter for me, it really makes all the difference.

The lyrics included in this chapter are from the songs ‘Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime’ by Nena, featuring Kim Wilde and ‘I’m In It For Love’ by James House. The songs and the lyrics are property of their writers, singers and record companies.


Chapter 4

Outside the gym

Spike stood still before the French doors that separated him from the gym as he tried to gather the courage to go through them. His palms were sweating and his heart was beating so hard that for a minute he thought it was going to escape from his chest.

He was terrified of not finding his golden girl there and at the same time, he was afraid of finding her, too. Although all things considered, maybe finding her would be worse. What if she rejected him? What if she didn’t return the feelings that she had ignited in him? Then again, what if she did return his feelings? What then? He chuckled inwardly thinking he was turning into a right ponce. Where was all the bravado he had shown less than two minutes ago when he had faced Snyder? Gone with the wind, it would seem. He groaned as he remembered that the warden couldn’t be that far behind him, so drawing a shaky breath, he forced himself to enter the gym. It wouldn’t do that Snyder found him standing by the door afraid of going inside like a nancy boy. Nope, that wouldn’t do at all.

He quickly scanned the room trying to find his angel, but he couldn’t see her anywhere. Where was she? She had to be here, he didn’t know how but he felt that she was close, but where? Slightly disappointed that she wasn’t in the room yet, Spike walked over to where Xander stood just as one of the nuns began talking.

“Good evening, boys,” Sister Jen greeted through the microphone. “On behalf of the Immaculate Heart School I extend you a warm welcome. As you may see on the tables to your right, the girls prepared some refreshments and food, so feel free to help yourselves. I remind you that no one can leave this room throughout the dance and that you should keep at least half an arm of distance from your partner while dancing. Is that clear?”

The girls and boys nodded and the nun added, “Then, let’s get this dance started!” She motioned to Sister Harriet to start the music.

Fleeting glances came and went between the boys and girls, giggles could be heard sporadically, but neither made any movement to start the dance. Not until Amy Collins decided that that was the perfect job for her, that is. She walked up to the center of the room and began swaying to the music.

The boys stared at the girl and then at each other, neither willing to endure being made fun of for being the first to join her on the dance floor. The decision was taken out of their hands though when with an evil gleam in his eyes, Angel pulled Xander away from the wall he was leaning on and pushed him towards the brunette girl.

Xander blushed when he stumbled and almost fell over Amy. She helped him steady himself and with a small smile, they began moving hesitantly to the music. They had been dancing for not more than a minute, which they spent exchanging their names and a few other pleasantries, until almost all of the other boys and girls joined them on the dance floor.

As he began gaining more confidence, Xander’s hesitance rapidly turned into the most uncoordinated dance Amy or any of the other dancers had ever seen. Amy’s face flushed with embarrassment as she realized that all the other girls were laughing at her partner’s antics. Not liking the idea of being mocked upon by her peers, she took advantage of one of Xander’s turns to flee from the dance floor.

When Xander turned back, Amy was nowhere to be seen. ‘Maybe she was in a hurry to get to the bathroom or something,’ he thought. He looked around once more trying to find Spike and finally found him leaning against a wall with his eyes fixed on the entry to the gym.

Walking over to where his friend stood, Xander said smugly, “I’m an animal! Did you see me out there dancing? Amy totally wants my body!”

Spike smirked amusedly and took his eyes from the door for a second to look at his friend. He raised an eyebrow at the brunette boy and without uttering a single word, he pointed towards one of the couples on the dance floor. Xander followed his finger only to find his Amy dancing with Riley Finn.

“That bitch,” Xander said.

“I know,” Spike replied chuckling. “’N after all ya’ve done for ‘er, right?”

“Ha-ha, really funny,” the brunette answered sarcastically. “Hey! Are you still thinking about your girl? Forget about her, some of these girls aren’t half bad.”

Spike turned towards his friend with a menacing glare and was about to tell Xander what he could do with his advice, when he heard him saying, “Is that her? By the door.”

He quickly turned back to his previous position and nodded absently while trying to determine the fastest way to reach her.

“She’s incredible, man, really hot.”

Spike nodded and was about to walk over to where she stood, when Angel moved into her path and after a brief exchange, they began dancing.

“Now, that could be a problem. How are you gonna take her away from blood breath? Huh?” Xander questioned.

“Xander, can ya leave me alone?” he asked. He lowered his gaze and clenched his fists in an effort to restrain the sharp pangs of jealousy that crept within his body at the sight of Angel dancing with his girl. Why did these things always happen to him? Why couldn’t things work in his favor this one time?

------------------------

Buffy glanced at the clock on her nightstand and sighed. She was running late. Typical that of all the days her father could have called, he had to choose today. One could almost believe he had done it on purpose. As Sister Victoria had warned her, he called to inform her of his decision of transferring her to another school and to give her all the details for her trip. She had begged him to reconsider, she’d pleaded with him to let her at least finish the school year here in the Immaculate Heart, not that it had done her much good because two weeks from today she’d be joining her parents in Switzerland. Just two weeks until she traded one prison for another. Just two more weeks and she would never see him again.

She definitely hadn’t wanted to deal with her father today and to make things worse she had to wear the horrible school uniform to the dance. She checked her image on the mirror for the last time. ‘Ah well, this will have to do,’ she thought as she straightened her tie and her skirt and made sure that the wreath of flowers Willow had placed on her hair was still firmly in place. Taking a small flower bouquet she had placed over her dresser she finally left her room and hurried towards the gym.

She made an strategic stop to hide the bouquet inside one of the lockers at the gym entrance and then came into the room looking around as she tried to find the man that had occupied her every thought for the last week. She was about to go further inside the gym when a tall brunette man asked her to dance. Since it wouldn’t have been polite to decline, she accepted hoping that it would be easier to spot her mysterious guy while she was on the dance floor.

“I’m Angel.”

“Elizabeth.” She responded absently as she kept on with her search.

“That’s a beautiful name,” Angel replied, taking her tie between his hands and pulling her towards him as he smugly added. “Wanna go someplace where we could get to know each other better?”

Outraged by his suggestion, Buffy slapped his hands away from her tie and pushed him so hard that he lost his footing and fell to the floor; then she whispered angrily, “I most certainly don’t want to go anywhere with you and if you try to get near me again, I promise you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.” She walked away ignoring Angel’s infuriated expression and the laughter from the people that had witnessed the incident. She had to find her mysterious guy now and God helped anyone else that dared get in her way; she was in no mood for any more interruptions.

-------------------

‘Seems kitty ‘as claws, just my type of girl,’ Spike thought smirking while he followed the girl with his eyes until he lost sight of her. Standing tall he tried to locate her again amidst all the dancers.

----------------------

Buffy went farther into the gym, until she finally saw him standing near the refreshments’ table. She walked towards him only stopping when she finally stood behind him. She breathed in deeply taking a minute to calm her frazzled nerves as fear that maybe he wouldn’t feel the same way she did crept into her mind. She resolutely rejected the feeling as she remembered that she didn’t have time to worry about a pesky little detail like that. She needed to at least meet him before she left for Switzerland and if the looks they had exchanged at the pond and at the movies were any indication, he definitely wasn’t indifferent to her.

Pasting a bright smile in her face, Buffy began extending her right hand to touch his shoulder and make him notice her, but when she was about to reach him he turned around unexpectedly to face her. Surprised by his sudden movement, she let her hand drop to her side and felt that everything that wasn’t him faded into nothingness as her eyes locked with his.

‘Blue, his eyes are blue,’ she thought dreamily. She had tried to imagine uncountable times since Saturday what color his eyes would be, but try as she might she would have never came up with the beautiful shade of blue she was getting lost in. With effort she pulled her eyes away from his to let them travel up to his slicked back platinum blond hair and then down to his sharp cheekbones, the strong line of his jaw, his lips… She had thought he was handsome before, but now… wow! He looked good enough to eat dressed in a tight black t-shirt with a red button down shirt over it and black jeans.

-----------------

Spike had been trying to track his angel down when he felt someone standing behind him. Hoping against hope that it was his girl and not any other girl or even worse, Angel or one of his accomplices, he swiftly turned around and gasped when his eyes rested on her. ‘She’s even more beautiful than I ever dared imagine,’ Spike thought. Long honey blond hair framed a delicate face in which bright green eyes and luscious red lips stood out as her scent made him want to lose himself in her forever. He’d never felt so much just by being close to someone and he definitely wasn’t going to let the opportunity of getting to know his angel pass, like he’d done at the pond.

-------------------

Unwilling to lose any more time than she already had and seeing that her mystery guy seemed rather tongue-tied, Buffy smiled shyly and said, “Hi!”

“Hi,” Spike replied distractedly, still trying to determine if this was really happening, if she was really standing before him so close that he just had to extend his hand to touch her.

“Is something wrong?” Buffy asked, a bit worried that she might have something on her face since he was gazing at her so intently.

“No, nothin’ is wrong,” he said.

‘In fact, everythin’ is finally alright now that ya’re finally ‘ere,’ he thought.

‘Oh God, I could spend hours just hearing him talk!’ she shivered.

“My name is Buffy.”

Swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat, he replied, “’m Spike Taylor.”

“Spike?” She said arching a well-trimmed eyebrow at him questioningly. “That seems like a rather unusual name.”

He smirked at her, “’Tis a nickname, luv. Imagine yours is, too?”

“Yes, it is,” she smiled. “My real name is Elizabeth. What’s yours?”

“William,” he whispered. “Just don’t be tellin’ anyone else, okay? It might ruin my rep to ‘ave such a poncy name, ya know?”

She giggled at his words and nodded.

“Would you like to dance, Spike Taylor?” she asked, smiling coquettishly and looking at him from beneath her lashes.

“Love to, pet,” Buffy felt her knees turn to jelly at the dazzling smile he threw her.

He took both of her hands in his and tugged one of them to place it on his shoulder and kept the other in a loose hold in his placing it over his heart, while he placed his right hand around her waist. He had to remind himself that they had to keep a certain distance between them or Snyder or any of the nuns would separate them. And he just couldn’t bear not being close to her. How was he supposed to survive without her now that he’d had her in his arms?

Im Sturz durch Raum und Zeit
Richtung Unendlichkeit
Fliegen Motten in das Licht
Genau wie du und ich
Wrap your fingers 'round my neck
You don't speak my dialect
But our images reflect
Drawn together by the flame
We are just the same
Embrace the wind and fall into
Another time and space


For the first time in her life Buffy felt what it could be like to belong to someone. No, not any someone, to belong to Spike. She sighed dreamily as she thought of how different her life would be with him in it. How was she supposed to go to Switzerland now and risk not seeing him ever again? She had to do something and fast, time was running out already, but what could she do?

Gib mir die Hand
ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
If we belong to each other, we belong
Anyplace, anywhere, anytime


“So,” Spike said, clearing his throat and startling Buffy out of her thoughts as he pinned her with his azure gaze. “What…are ya studyin’ to be a nun?”

“No,” she giggled. “Are you…studying to be a crook?”

He chuckled, amused by her question and responded, “No, I’m not. I’m very curious, if ya aren’t studyin’ to be a nun, why are ya ‘ere, luv?”

Her smile waned as she said, “To be honest, I got sent here by my parents. I don’t…really belong here. I bet you don’t belong where you are either.”

“No, got sent there, too,” Spike added.

“I thought so.”

Im Sturz durch Zeit und Raum
Erwacht aus einem Traum
Nur ein kurzer Augenblick
Dann kehrt die Nacht zurück
Bits and pieces from your storm
Rain upon me as they form
Melt into my skin and I feel warm
Sweep upon me like a wave
We are young and brave
Embrace the wind and float into
Another time and space


“Ya smell great,” he said, getting closer to her and inhaling her scent.

“Really?” she asked unsurely.

“Yeah, ya smell like sunshine, lemons ‘n ‘oney. I think that’s my new favorite scent in the whole world,” he smiled when she blushed at his words. He couldn’t get enough of her; she was sweet, beautiful and completely adorable. He’d never thought he could fall for someone so fast, so completely. He wished for the thousandth time that this night never ended.

Gib mir die Hand
ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
If we belong to each other, we belong
Anyplace, anywhere, anytime

(Geflüster)
If we belong to each other, we belong
Anyplace anywhere anytime
I'm going to any world you're coming from
Anyplace, anywhere, anytime


“So, what were ya doin’ out in the forest?” Spike asked when he finally gathered his courage.

“That’s my not so secret hobby, Photography.”

“Really?” Spike raised an eyebrow questioningly.

“Yeah. I was taking pictures of myself,” Buffy elaborated, a shy smile tugging her lips upwards.

“Why?”

“Well… I was…supposed to be Ophelia,” she replied hesitantly.

With a gleam of recognition in his eyes, Spike exclaimed, “Oh, right! That’s …the paintin’ in the ‘allway, right?”

“Yes. You’re very observant,” Buffy said, very pleased that he had noticed the portrait displayed in the lobby and made the connection with what he had seen at the pond.

“Well, I saw ya in the forest…” he paused when a crazy thought crossed his mind. “Did ya see me?”

She ducked her head shyly, looking at him through her lashes as she whispered with a little smile playing on her lips, “Of course I saw you, that’s why you’re here.” She laughed at his shocked expression.

“Ah!” Spike exclaimed, throwing his head back and laughing along with Buffy as he realized that all he’d been feeling since they saw each other at the pond wasn’t one sided as he had feared.

Gib mir die Hand
ich bau dir ein Schloss aus Sand
Irgendwie, irgendwo, irgendwann.
I'm going to any world you're coming from
Anyplace, anywhere, anytime


-----------------

“How come you’re… doing time?” Buffy asked as they reclined side by side against the refreshments’ table. She took two sandwiches from a plate and handed one to Spike, who accepted it gladly.

“Hrmm, ‘cause ’m a bad rude man, luv,” he responded, winking at her playfully.

“Oh, yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“I better watch out, then, huh?” Buffy replied teasingly.

“Wanna know what I did, pet?”

“Yeah,” Buffy nodded.

“Aah… I drove my mother’s boyfriend’s car through a window,” Spike said.

“A window?”

“It’s a big window, luv. Like the ones in the big stores? In my defense I’ll say that the guy is a jerk ‘n treats my mum like shit. ‘N… she just said somethin’ ‘n I just took the car ‘n went…”

“What did she say?” Buffy asked as she got closer to him, trying to offer him some comfort as she noticed how affected he was.

“She said she was gonna marry the guy,” he answered quietly.

“Did she?”

“I don’t know, pet. We don’t talk,” he shrugged.

“Yeah, well... I know how that is,” Buffy responded with a sad smile.

‘Seems we have more in common than I thought at first. Should I tell him about Switzerland? Hmm, that’s a toughie...’ she thought. ‘To tell the guy I have a humongous crush on and that in turn seems to be interested in me that I’m being transferred to a school in Europe and that we probably won’t see each other ever again or to live in denial a while longer, hoping that he’ll sweep me off my feet and carry me away from this inferno?’ She turned to face him and denial won as she took in his gloomy expression. Buffy couldn’t believe how a mother could prefer a man that hurt her over her own son; although she couldn’t say she was that surprised, her own parents didn’t care that much for her either.

He sighed and turning to face her, he smiled sadly saying, “Who needs ‘em, right?”

“Right,” she replied trying to sound more convinced that she felt.

-------------------

Meanwhile Willow was dancing with Xander, her eyes kept straying towards her friend and her date, who were standing by the refreshments’ table. They made a striking couple or rather they would if they somehow managed to overcome the whole Catholic school-Reformatory rules problem that is. She had never seen Buffy looking so happy and carefree. Buffy noticed her stare and smiling sweetly, she waved at her. Willow waved back at her.

“They look good together, don’t they?” Xander asked, surprising Willow since she had thought she hadn’t been that obvious.

“Yes, they do,” she smiled. “She’s my best friend.”

“No way! He’s my best friend, too. I mean… all the guys are my friends, but he and I are like brothers.”

“That’s nice,” she smiled. “Tell me, what are you going to do when you get out?”

“Oh, well. I’ve been given a scholarship to study at the Harvard Design School. I’m gonna major in Cartography.”

“Really?” she said impressed.

“Yes,” he replied proudly.

“I didn’t know they notified this early.”

He shrugged, “Oh well, I think that’s because they notify the Honor Society first.”

“Ah. I applied to Radcliffe but I won’t know if I’d been accepted until next spring,” Willow said, looking at him with new eyes.

“Ah, where is that?” he asked.

“Radcliffe? It’s part of Harvard,” she said slightly miffed. ‘He’s going to Harvard and doesn’t know where Radcliffe is? Is he joking or is he lying?’

She was still trying to decide that when he said, “Ah. You-you said Radcliffe? R. A. D. C. L. I. F. F. E.?” he spelled. Willow nodded. “Sorry, I thought you had said Radish,” he explained with a bashful smile.

Willow rolled her eyes at him and smiled, shaking her head. This guy was a bit odd for her taste, but at least he made her laugh.

“So, why are you at the Honor Camp?”

“I hit a guy.”

“Just for that? Seems to me the punishment exceeds the crime. Who did you hit?”

“My dad.”

“Huh. Maybe after you get out you could do me a favor and hit mine?” Willow said winking.

“Sure. You’re one very strange girl, you know that?”

“Like you’re so normal!” she replied, giggling.

----------------

Sister Jen glanced at her clock after Sister Victoria made her a signal and walked over to the microphone. “Last dance, ladies and gentlemen, this is the last dance.”

Disappointed groans were heard all over the gym at the announcement. As soon as he listened, Spike took Buffy’s hand in his and guided her to the dance floor. This might be his last chance of being close to her, so Spike decided to risk the nuns and Snyder’s wrath. Rules be damned, he needed to be as close to Buffy as he possibly could and even if he was punished for this afterwards, it would be well worth it. Spike pulled her body flush towards his, placing his right hand firmly around his waist. Her left hand snaked over his shoulder and they let their free hands entwine over his heart as they looked deeply into each other’s eyes.

I’ve loved and I’ve lost
I’ve added the cost
And now I want to live
Free to start all over
If you say you will

I’ve nothing to promise
All that I want is
To know we have this chance
We can make it different
You just understand


He didn’t know how or when it had happened ― not that it made a difference anyway ― but he had tumbled head over heels, irremediably in love with Buffy. It just felt… right, like somehow he had found his home. For the first time in his life he felt he belonged to someone.

That I’m in it for love
I’m not in it for a love of a stranger
’Cause there ain’t enough time
There ain’t enough love to be found

If we’re in it for love
There can be no hurt, harm or danger
There’s no limit for us
When the walls come tumbling down


Needing to feel his body pressed with hers, Buffy got closer to him, then slowly her right hand trailed lightly over his chest as she moved it to his shoulder first and then to his back while her other hand played with the curls she’d found at the base of his neck.

She’d never felt more… dared she say… loved? Was it too soon? No it isn’t, her heart replied as Spike’s eyes bore into hers, telling her without words how deeply he cared for her. She had to swallow a lump in her throat at the overwhelming feelings his touch and his looks were conveying within her. At that moment she realized that he was the one she had been waiting for. She couldn’t lose him now that she had found him. Someway, somehow she had to convince her parents to let her stay in the States. She couldn’t bear thinking what would happen if she had to move to Switzerland and never see him again.

You’ve sheltered your dreams
And what does it mean
To you if you can’t say
You have someone to side with you
When you’ve gone against the grain

I’ve been there before
And one thing’s for sure
This time I need some help
This heart holds out for you
Waiting here for no one else


He pulled back for a minute to look into her eyes as he flattened his hand in the air. Following his lead she put hers on his and slowly they entwined their fingers. Both closed their eyes as delicious shivers went up and down their backs.

I’m in it for love
I’m not in it for a love of a stranger
’Cause there ain’t enough time
There ain’t enough love to be found

If we’re in it for love
There can be no hurt, harm or danger
There’s no limit for us
When the walls come tumbling down


Lost in their own little world Spike and Buffy didn’t notice that several people had become aware of their closeness, all of them showing very different reactions to it.

Willow glanced transfixed at the love that seemed to radiate in waves from Buffy and Spike. Never before had she seen two people that so clearly belonged to each other. In that moment she vowed to herself to do anything in her power to help Buffy, after all she’d been through she deserved to have some happiness in her life.

Sister Jen smiled wistfully as she realized that the reason Elizabeth had put so much effort in making this dance possible was the boy dancing with her at the moment; it made her happy to see how in love the couple seemed. She sighed hoping that Sister Victoria and the rest of the teachers wouldn’t notice so they could at least be closer for this dance.

But Sister Victoria had indeed noticed and wasn’t pleased at all by the turn of events. What Elizabeth and that boy were doing on the dance floor wasn’t dancing; they’d stood in the same spot embracing tightly with complete disregard to who might be looking. Elizabeth had always been a role model for all the other girls, following all the school rules without a question. What could have happened to change that? It had to be the boy, there was no doubt in her mind about that. Scowling she turned towards the warden who coincidentally stood beside her and said, “Mr. …”

“Snyder,” the man completed.

“Indeed. I hope we aren’t developing a problem right there,” she pointed in the direction of Buffy and Spike.

“I have no problem boys, Sister. They get out of line and they’re out. Excuse me,” Snyder replied with a sinister expression on his face as he strode towards the couple.

You and me
Leaving the heartache in the sand
The sky’s wide open this time
This time it’s love we’re holding in our hands

I’m in it for love
I’m not in it for a love of a stranger
’Cause there ain’t enough time
There ain’t enough love to be found in this world

If we’re in it for love
There can be no hurt, harm or danger
We’re in it for love, let the walls come tumbling down


Still with his eyes closed, Spike lightly brushed her forehead with his lips, wishing they were someplace else where they could be alone, even if it were just for a minute. He was about to begin trailing kisses down towards her lips when someone pulled him away from Buffy.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing, Taylor?” Snyder asked, hardly concealing his contempt as he stood between Spike and Buffy.

“Nothin’,” Spike replied, without taking his gaze off Buffy, not even to glance at the warden.

“Nothing he says. Ha! I’ll deal with you later, you little twerp,” Snyder whispered angrily. “We’re leaving right now, so move!”

Buffy looked so miserable that it almost made Spike physically ill. He moved closer to her, taking her face between his hands and gazed into her green depths, trying to express without words all that he felt for her.

“I said we’re leaving!” the warden exploded as he pushed Spike towards the door.
Buffy followed him and when Spike noticed that Snyder glared at them, he reached for his shirt pocket to pull a piece of paper with a clothes pin on it.

“Oh, shit!” Spike said as he dropped the label and then picked it up again in order to gain more time with Buffy. She looked at the paper curiously until she noticed it had his name written on it. “Can ya ‘elp me put it on?” Spike asked.

“Sure,” Buffy moved closer to pin the label on his shirt, doing it as slowly as she could. “Can I call you?” Buffy whispered.

“No, we’re not allowed to receive calls from anyone, not even family”

“Can you write?”

He shook his head, “We’re not supposed to write to anybody, luv. Can I call ya?”

“Our parents are the only ones authorized to call us,” she responded with a sad smile.

“Ready, Taylor?” Snyder said with a sneer at the crestfallen expression on Spike’s face.

“There you go,” Buffy said with a sweet smile, patting his chest as she finished pinning the label. “Oh! I forgot something,” Buffy exclaimed and hurried towards the gym’s exit, Spike and Snyder followed her a few steps behind.

When they reached her, she was taking something out of a locker. She turned and they saw it was a small flower bouquet.

Buffy gave the bouquet to Spike and smiling brightly, she extended her hand formally to him, saying, “Well, I hope you have a great life, Spike. I’ll tell Hank you said hello.”

“’Ank?” Spike whispered tilting his head to one side as he took her hand in his.

“Hank, my father,” she replied, smiling coyly at him.

“Ah, yes. Please do that,” Spike winked at her as he understood what she’d meant. Now he just had to find out what the number of the school was and call her saying he was her father. Brilliant plan that!

“Well, that’s enough. Move, Taylor. Good night, miss,” Snyder said, grabbing Spike by the arm and conducting him to the exit.

Buffy stood still watching Spike leave, he turned once and she waved lightly at him, trying to keep her tears at bay. When she couldn’t see him anymore, she ran to the second level of the building hoping to catch a glimpse of him when he climbed on the bus.

--------------

Spike walked slowly trying to delay having to climb into the bus until the last minute. Wood prompt him with a knowing smile and smiling back at him, the bleached blond got on the bus. He moved to the middle of the bus where Xander was saving him a seat and sat by the window, looking upwards and scanning through the girls agglomerated on the second floor windows, looking for his golden goddess.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw that a stained-glass window opened to his right and then he noticed Buffy standing there. The light shimmered from inside making her look like an angel. She was… effulgent. He flattened his hand on the windowpane with his fingers open duplicating the moment when they had entwined their hands while they dance. She smiled sweetly at him and copied him. They stayed like that, lost in each other’s eyes until the bus moved and began its return to the Honor Camp.

Spike looked towards Xander, who was already fast asleep, then he glanced at the bouquet he had placed over his lap. A closer look made him notice that the flowers seemed to be enveloped in some kind of thick paper. Curious, he unrolled the paper and gasped when he realized that it was a smaller version of Buffy’s portrait. Smiling widely he turned it and found a phone number written in one of the corners in the back of the picture. His heart sped up when he understood that it must be her phone number and that she must have written it before they met at the dance, since she’d had no time after. Now he just had to get some help to keep Wood away from his office long enough to call her.

tbc