Author's Chapter Notes:
A thousand thanks to Lu82 for being such a wonderful friend and letting me bounce my ideas with her, if I'm ever going to finish this story is thanks to her; to Caitie and Charis for the very thorough beta and your encouraging comments; and to Niamh, BuffyandSpikeForever, noaluvjames and Spuffette for your very kind words, you can't even begin to imagine how much it means to me to know that you're liking this story.
Chapter 7

Boys’ barracks, Monday night

Everything was almost quiet in the building, the only noises that could be heard in the barracks were the occasional snores from some of the boys, the sound of the cartoons Watley was watching on the TV – that he liked to indulge into when he was on night guard duty – and the guard’s laughter every once in a while.

Spike had been waiting for what seemed like forever until he was sure all the other boys were asleep to sneak out of the barracks and make a surprise visit to Buffy at her school. After his talk with Xander and seeing how all things seemed to be falling into place so nicely, he’d decided that he just couldn’t wait anymore to ask Buffy if she’d consider running away with him.

Of course, as long as he was being honest with himself, he had to admit that that wasn’t the only reason behind the visit, the main reason being that he simply couldn’t stay away from her anymore. Letting her go had become increasingly more difficult each time they saw or talked to each other. And now that he had tasted her lips and had had the chance to be closer to her than ever before… well, it was practically impossible to stay away. He needed to see her again and convince her that they’d be better off somewhere else where no one would keep them apart. And really, he couldn’t had asked for better timing, with Snyder out of the picture until he recaptured Forrest, the vigilance in the camp had lessened considerably, so it would be fairly easy to escape for a few hours and then come back and no one would notice, at least he hope no one did.

Very carefully Spike got up from his bed and walked over to the lockers located at the end of the building. As he opened his locker, Xander woke up and whispering he asked, “Hey! Is this the plan?”

Startled Spike looked from Xander to the other boys and then to the little office on the front of the barracks where Watley was standing guard. Relieved that no one else seemed to have woken up or noticed them, he shook his head and mouthed a ‘no’ to the brunette. He took the duffel bag containing his clothes out of his locker and taking it back to his bed, he put it under the coverlet, just behind his pillow, to make it seem like he was sleeping in case Watley decided to make a check-up round.

“What are you doing then?” Xander insisted.

“I’m gonna go see my girl,” Spike said, hiding behind his bunk when he glanced to the window in Watley’s office and noticed that the deputy was standing in front of the TV. He exhaled a relieved sigh when the deputy began moving the TV antenna to get a better reception. That was a close call.

“Be careful,” Xander said.

Spike nodded and stealthily crawled towards the exit, while keeping an eye on Watley’s office. He was about to reach the office when Watley got up again so the blond threw himself to the exit so the deputy wouldn’t see him. Good thing the man liked to keep the door open, if not, he wasn’t sure if he would have escaped so easily. Outside the barracks he waited for a minute to check if someone had seen him and when he felt sure they didn’t, he practically flew out of the camp and into the forest.

***

Immaculate Heart School’s second level corridor, a while later

Spike panted as he climbed the stairs to the second floor of the school – where he supposed the dormitories were – very thankful that he hadn’t run into anyone so far and that it seemed the nuns left some lights on during the night, otherwise breaking in would had been a whole lot more difficult than it really was. Once he got to the second floor, he scanned the doors to his right and left, trying to find Buffy’s room. Lucky for him, each door had labels with what he hoped were the girls’ surnames.

Peeking through the French doors that separated two dormitory units, Spike saw a nun walking directly towards him from the other side. Trying to avoid her, he pressed his body in the space between the wall and the doors, praying that he wasn’t crushed when the woman pushed the door open or worse, that she found him, making it impossible for him to see Buffy ever again. But luck seemed to be by his side that night since when the nun pushed the door open it hid him from her.

Once the woman was out of sight again, Spike released the breath he hadn’t noticed he’d been holding and went through the French doors into the second unit of dormitories. Reading the nametags on the doors, he finally found the one he had been looking for, the one that said: E. Summers – W. Rosenberg.

He turned the knob and opened the door slowly. Once inside he closed the door and scanned the two beds before him. He saw a red head girl to his left and Buffy to his right. He stood there for a while, just observing her, completely captivated by the sight. She looked so beautiful, so innocent, with her golden hair spread over her pillow and the moon bathing her with its rays. And it was then that it hit him, it was then that he realized he had fallen completely head over heels in love with her. She was the only one for him and he wasn’t about to leave her behind when they escaped, now he only had to convince her.

Almost in a daze, he walked towards her bed and very carefully he put his hands on each side of her arms, keeping the brunt of his weight on them as he slowly lowered his body on top of hers, without actually touching her. Unable to resist the pull of her lips any longer, he brought his head down and kissed Buffy softly…

***

Buffy was dreaming about her morning with Spike and how much she would have loved that they’d had a longer time together when she felt a light touch on her lips. Thinking she was still dreaming she responded for a few seconds until she realized that the lips over hers were very real. She woke up with a startled gasp, pushing against the shoulders of the person that was kissing her and opened her eyes to find Spike hovering over her. “Spike?” she said confusedly, still not really awake.

“Surprise,” he whispered. “I ‘ad to see ya, luv. I missed ya.” He threaded his fingers in her hair and she turned her head to check if Willow was still asleep, while Spike planted heated kisses on her cheek and jaw. In that moment, Willow coughed and turned on her bed and faced the wall.

“It’s okay,” Spike said, kissing her on the lips again with barely restrained passion. He lowered his head to kiss, suck, lick and nibble his way down her jaw, her throat and every portion of her chest that he could reach without moving her nightgown away.

Buffy moaned as she got lost in the sensations Spike was eliciting in her and when the sound reached her ears it made her regain the senses that had seemed to disappear when he began kissing her. She had to stop him before she regretted it. All this was happening a little too fast and she didn’t feel ready to go this far, yet. Hello! Yesterday at this time, she hadn’t even had her first kiss yet, definitely with the not ready, even if she really, really wanted to be. Pushing him slightly away, she whispered, “Stop, Spike, please. I’m scared.”

Spike stopped kissing her as soon as he heard her and pulling himself up on his arms again – panting and looking a bit embarrassed over his lack of control – he said, “That’s alright, pet. Sorry if I was goin’ a bit fast there, but in my defense I ‘ave to say ya make me lose my bloody ‘ead whenever ya’re close to me. So… not ‘xactly my fault ‘ere.”

Buffy smiled timidly at him, his words making her feel proud that she could affect him so much, even if at the same time she felt unsure of how to react to what had happened between them. She’d never had to deal with anything remotely similar before and wasn’t sure what was the correct way to go about it or if there was any, so she decided to change subjects – after all when in doubt it’s always better to retreat – replying, “Not that I’m complaining, but… what are you doing here?”

Spike chuckled, moving to lie on his side over the bed and pulling Buffy with him until she was on her side facing him. Once they were settled comfortably, he replied, “Was in the neighborhood ‘n decided to come visit my Goldilocks.”

“At midnight?” Buffy said, raising an eyebrow inquiringly after looking at the clock on her nightstand.

“Yeah, what can I say, baby? I’m a bad rude man.”

The idea of this man that treated her like a princess being a bad rude man, made Buffy giggle softly and Spike just glared at her for a moment before joining her in mirth, “Okay, if you say so, honey. What else brings you here at this time? Are you sure you won’t get in trouble?”

“Yeah, I’m sure, pet. Don’t worry,” he said. “I need to ask ya a favor, well actually that’d be three favors.”

“Sure, I’ll be happy to help.”

“Do ya know of anyone that could do an Internet search of someone for me?”

“Someone?”

Spike ducked his head and replied bashfully, “My dad. I want to find out where he is. We lost contact after my parents got divorced. Ya see, my mom moved us away without tellin’ him ‘n when I finally could contact ‘im he’d already moved. I’m not even sure if he knows I’m at the camp.”

“Oh, God, that’s awful! Of course I’ll help you,” she looked over her shoulder towards her roommate. “Willow is the computer genius here. She’s also my best friend and knows everything about you, so no problem there. I think she might need your dad’s name and last known address, do you have those?”

“Yeah, figured that’s what you were gonna need. ‘Ere they are, pet,” Spike said as he gave her a folded piece of paper.

“I’ll ask her tomorrow in the morning, okay?” Spike nodded and she added. “And what are the other favors?”

Spike took a deep breath, staring into Buffy’s eyes, his heart was beating so hard that he felt like it was going to escape out of his chest as he responded, “There’s a – there’s a place… It’s a beautiful place I want to take ya to. Will ya come with me?”

“Go with you? As in…” she trailed.

“As in escapin’ from the camp ‘n this school ‘n be together forever.”

Buffy lowered her eyes and bit her lower lip while she pondered, ‘Escape with him? Should I? I don’t want to lose him, especially not now. But… what about my parents? What about school? Should I dare? Decisions, decisions. What should I do? If I stay I won’t be seeing him again, what with the move to Geneva and all. And it’s not like my parents really care that much for me, at least they’ve never shown me otherwise. On the other hand if I do go with him, we’d be together and I won’t have to worry about going to another boarding school again in my life.

“When?” Buffy inquired, looking deeply into his blue eyes, trying to find the answer she was looking for in them. She gasped when she found what she was searching for and more, so much more than she expected.

“Soon.”

Making up her mind, Buffy nodded her acceptance, smiling brightly at the wonder and happiness that settled in his expression. She moved forward and kissed him lightly on the lips to seal their deal.

Before they got too caught up in the kiss, though, they heard Willow cough and they both turned to look at her, to see if she had woken up. Both exhaled relieved sighs when they realized she was still deep in slumber.

“I think I better get out of here,” Spike said smiling as he sat on Buffy’s bed and pulled her with him. “Can ya get out of ‘ere tomorrow night ‘n meet me at the crypt where we met this morning?” He waited with baited breath for her answer.

“Yes.”

“Yes? ‘Round eleven works for ya?” She nodded and pulled him down for another passionate kiss. After a moment, Spike moved away and said, “I gotta go, baby.” He got up from the bed and walked backwards towards the door so he could see her until the last moment and after pulling the door open, just before moving through it, he whispered, “I love ya so much.”

Buffy’s eyes widened at his words before a big smile bloomed across her lips as she leaned again on her bed to dream of her Spike.

***

Boys’ Barracks, Tuesday at dawn

“Alright, everybody!” Watley shouted and then he blew his whistle to get the boys’ attention. “Get in the line! Vampires? Start making the beds! I want the sheets tight enough to bounce quarters today.”

“Taylor, c’mon, up and at it, boy! What are you, a rabbit?” Watley said moving closer to Spike’s bed. He moved the bed to wake him up and then he kept walking around the room.

When Xander didn’t detect any movement under the covers on Spike’s bed, he began to worry over where the hell his friend could be. He tried to move closer to the bed as Watley kept yelling instructions, but Riley noticed and grabbed Xander’s shoulder to pin him in place. The brunette blanched when he saw the evil gleam in Angel’s gaze as he walked towards Spike’s bunk and pulled the covers away as he said, “Hey, Sir, look!” Watley turned and looked at Spike still sleeping in his bunker.

When he felt the covers lift, Spike began stirring and with his voice still full of sleep and rubbing his eyes, he said, “Mornin’.”

Xander sagged with relief when he realized that his friend had returned from his midnight excursion safely, for a minute he’d been sure that Spike was going to be busted.

Angel and Riley stared flabbergasted at the figure that still lied on the bed, they’d been so sure that Spike had escaped and they’d been eager to get the blond guy in trouble with Watley and hopefully later with Snyder, as soon as the warden came back with Forrest. But now, they’d have to think of something else. After all they still had time.

When Watley saw and heard Spike, he rolled his eyes and teased, “Ah, our own Sleeping Beauty decided to join the world of the living! C’mon, Taylor, move it!”

***

Buffy’s school, Tuesday morning

While Willow and Buffy walked to their first class after morning mass, some of the other girls joined them. One of them whispering excitedly, “Oh, guys, did you hear? Somebody broke in last night!”

“Yeah, Kathy said she saw a guy leaving the building at about 2 o’clock this morning!” exclaimed another.

“Yeah, that’s what I heard, too. Seems they’re gonna give Keats a shotgun now.”

“Then we won’t have to worry, Keats will blow this guy’s balls off if he tries to break into the school again,” Amy said laughing.

With the nagging feeling that she knew exactly whom the guy that broke into the school was, Willow turned towards Buffy and got her answer when she noticed the stricken expression on her friend’s face when she heard Amy’s words.

She would have to have a very serious conversation with her. She wanted Buffy to be happy and Spike made her happy, but they were getting reckless by taking too many risks and when they least expected it might blow up in their faces. And there was no way in hell she’d just let that happen.

tbc