“1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8” Buffy summers counted as she kicked out her right leg and tried to perform the arm movements at the same time,

“Damn it”

She tripped over her other leg as she tried concentrating and ended up in a heap on the floor.

Once, one night she came home drunk and late and this was her mothers punishment to keep her ‘out of trouble’, she mimicked her mothers voice as she picked herself up off the floor and wiped off her sweats,

“Seriously young lady you either take these dance lessons or I send you to a private school take your pick”

She sighed heavily and got back to her practising with a scowl on her face. she mentally went through the routine and prepared herself.

‘Ok Buffy concentrate, you can do this’
She listened to the music as she perfected the 16 counts she had been taught early on in the week, smiling she looked at herself in the mirror.

She’d never danced before in her life, well only out in a club but that was different she didn’t have to remember anything she did.
The choreographer had given Buffy unlimited access to the studio so she could practice whenever she liked, She thought it was because she royally sucked but the truth was Jenny saw great potential in the blonde teen.

As the 16 counts fell into place with each other for the second time her face lit up and she started to squeal happily, she actually did it.

She went to the CD player to restart the song just to make sure she knew it and even tried to remember where the other students were up to in the song, after deciding she probably couldn’t make it to another 8 counts of music she picked up her stuff and headed for the showers ‘maybe this wont be so bad’.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Seriously Will I think I actually like this whole dance thing, I mean when I dance I don’t have to worry about anything except the next piece of choreography it makes me feel kinda free”

She twirled the phone wire in between her fingers as she listened to her Best friend Willow babble on about how this was a good thing for her and maybe she should have just stayed away from Faith Wilkins and Angel O’Connor.

“Come on Willow it was one night, you sound like my mom. Besides it wasn’t their fault I drank or come home late it just happened, I needed a night of fun after everything that happened with Riley. You do remember Riley right? the big dumb Jock who apparently thought being the perfect boyfriend was to be unfaithful and abusive”

She shivered as she mentioned his name, she had gone out with Riley Finn for two months when he started to go all jealous possessive on her, the final straw came when he hit her after seeing her laughing out on the quad with her friend Xander, Buffy finished it there and then trying for a week to cover up the bruise on her left cheek then to add salt to the wound she found out he had been sleeping with Harmony Kendall behind her back anyway.

“I know Buffy and Riley is an asshole but Faith and Angel can only lead to things that are of the bad” Buffy let out a laugh and put on her best shocked voice

“Willow Rosenberg do you kiss your mother with that mouth”

"Shutup, you say worse things than that before you get out of bed in the morning, i just worry about you Buffy, i dont think they really have your best interests at heart, Angel probably just wants to see if he can charm you into his bed and Faith just wants you to get a boyfriend so she can steal him like a big, a big errm boyfriend stealer?"

Buffy laughed as She listened to her best friend give her the I’m serious, please be careful talk, she promised she would then hung up the phone with a smile on her face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey Buffster what’s happening” Buffy laughed as she watched the brunette male head toward her in a Hawaiian shirt with a goofy grin on his face,

“Hey Xand”

She smiled and sat down gesturing for him to sit next to her

“I’m good Xander, I have dance later today so I’m going to miss passions but I’ll deal, how about you, any luck in your Cordelia Chase campaign?”

Xander LaVelle Harris was her other best friend, kind of dorky but she liked him like that, he’d had a thing for Sunnydale Highs prom Queen Cordelia Chase for as long as she could remember but Cordy being the ice bitch from hell refused to be seen with him apart from the occasional put down.

“Yeah she actually said my name today” he laughed and she raised a quizzical eyebrow at him

“Ok so it was in the context of ‘Xander Harris did your mother pick out that shirt this morning’ but it’s a start”

Buffy laughed and shook her head, he really was persistent.

She spotted Willow enter the cafeteria and called her over, luckily she had gotten her motherly talk over with the night before on the phone and she was back to the same old Willow who talks non stop about her new crush Oz.

“I swear he smiled at me, he actually made an expression, at me, it was so cute”

"Will i dont know why you dont just ask him out, he would have to be both blind and stupid not to like you"

The redhead looked at her like she was insane,

"Are you actually serious? i couldnt do that, i get within ten feet of him and i start to sweat, i turn as red as my hair when he looks in my general direction, there is no way i could ask him, that would lead to a big Willow wreck"

She started to mess with the hem of her fluffy Pink jumper and smiled sheepishly,

"I really like him Buff, he's the one, i just know it, well not know it know it but i feel it"

Buffy smiled as she listened to Willow and her babble fest and then stood up,

“Sorry guys I gotta bail, have English then I have to make a run to dance class, I’ll catch up later at the bronze, maybe I can show you some of my new dance moves” she laughed as she headed to the door.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N review and let me know what you think, i started this story a while back but never got the chance to finish, im hoping that RL has calmed down and i can end it but i'd like to see if its worth it!