Author's Chapter Notes:
again thankyou everyone for the reviews
After they had finished shopping Joyce watched as her daughter played with the food in front her and decided she couldn’t take any more,

“Buffy you have pushed your food around every inch of that plate and still haven’t eaten any of it, do you want to tell me what’s wrong?”

Buffy jumped at the sound of her mothers voice and looked up from her plate

“Huh?”

Sighing the older Summers woman leaned over and brushed a loose strand of hair behind Buffy’s ear.

“Sweetie you do know you can talk to me right? Is it something to do with Spike?”

“Did I hear my name?”

Buffy’s head shot up and looked at the smirking man standing behind her.

“Spike it’s nice to see you again, do you want to join us for lunch? Buffy has maxed out my credit cards shopping but I can stretch for another meal”

She smiled warmly at him and he nodded his acceptance and thanked her,

“Great, you stay here and I’ll go and order you a coffee, oh unless you would prefer tea?”

He chuckled at her and a blush crept over her cheeks at her assumption

“Coffee is fine Mrs Summers, thanks”

She nodded quickly before practically running back into the café.

“How are you this morning kitten?”

He tried to repeat her mothers actions and brush the strand of hair that had fell again behind her ear but she moved away from his hand and turned her head to look for Joyce.

“Buffy please don’t be mad at me I’m sorry ok?”

“Sorry? You seem to have done a couple of sorry’s in the last twenty four hours Spike but unfortunately for you I’m not in the mood to hear them today”

She forced herself to look away from him as his face fell knowing if she looked into his eyes she would forgive him on the spot.

“Baby please, just forget what I said last night ok, I didn’t mean to make you mad, I know it was too soon”

She had to turn to face him now, her anger boiling to a new level.

“Mad? You think I’m mad because of what you said to me? For fucks sake Spike you dressed and left quicker than someone who just fucked a hooker, without a word to me, well unless you call incoherent babble a goodbye”

She pushed back the tears as she saw her mom walking back over to their table and she motioned for him to be quiet when he went to speak.

“Here we go, I didn’t know if you took sugar so I brought some over”

“Thanks Mrs Summers”

He took the coffee and smiled appreciatively at her wishing it were something stronger in the ceramic cup.

“Please, call me Joyce, Mrs Summers seems so old and I don’t like to think I’ve reached that age just yet”

“Joyce it is then”

The rest of the hour was spent with Buffy listening to Spike and her mom talking about art and England and basically getting along well which under any other circumstance would have pleased Buffy to no end but seen as she was still pissed off with him everything that he done was either irritating her or upsetting her and she didn’t like either of those feelings when it came to Spike.

She noticed him trying to get her attention with pleading eyes as he spoke to her mother but trying to be discreet about it, she knew that she would have to speak to him at some point but she wasn’t sure she was ready to.

As soon as she heard him say it her heart swelled and she thought she was going to burst so she had asked him to repeat just to make she sure she wasn’t hearing things but then he ran out on her and she spent the whole night crying thinking he regretted it and he had just said it in the heat of the moment.

Sensing that something was obviously wrong Joyce decided to leave the two alone after they had finished their lunch, she hoped they would sort things out because she had come to like Spike over the last couple of hours and it was obvious that he felt a lot for her daughter.

“Right I’m going to go and leave you two kids alone”

She stood up and kissed Spike on the cheek and then making the same gesture to Buffy

“I’ll see you at home sweetie”

“Bye mom”

“Bye Joyce, thanks for dinner”

As soon as her mom left Buffy stood and started to walk away only to be stopped by an arm grabbing on to her shoulder,

“Baby please talk to me, I am so sorry but please just talk to me”

She looked at the unshed tears in his eyes and her heart felt like it was going to combust, forcing back her own tears she nodded slightly at him and made her way over to Weatherly park and found a secluded area under a tree to sit down.

Spike followed her lead and sat down next to her leaning back on the tree with his legs stretched in front of him.

“I didn’t mean to run out on you like that Buffy, I really didn’t but I had to go”

“Why Spike? You never even gave me a chance to react you just dressed and ran out”

“I didn’t know what I was supposed to say Buffy, I never meant to say it but it just slipped out and I was afraid I’d scare you off so you I panicked, I cant lose you Buffy, please tell me I haven’t”

He decided to let the tears fall now, if he was ever going to look like a ponce it was going to be for her and he would let her see it if it meant her forgiving him. Seeing him cry broke down all her defences and she took him in her arms letting her own sobs emanate from her chest as she stroked the back of his hair,

“Shhh it’s ok Spike you haven’t lost me, it will take more than a silly fight to take me away from you. I just wish you would have stayed long enough for me to tell you that I loved you too”

He pulled his head away from her and looked into her eyes

“Do you mean it pet?”

“Yes I do, I love you”

He attacked her mouth and face with kisses before looking at her again,

“I love you too kitten”.