Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks to DaniD and BlondieBear for the reviews

Disclaimer:Joss and ME own everything but the storty idea
Buffy and Spike looked down at her comment and let each other go as they realised they were still clinging to one another, making their way over the couch they looked at each other in silent question and then decided to sit together.
They both looked up as Joyce entered the room with a tray full of tea and set it on the table,

“Now where do we start, with me and Rupert or you and Spike?”

“The thing is mom, Spike and I never really broke up. I overheard you and Giles discussing splitting us up at dinner that night so we decided to let you think we had split, I know it probably wasn’t the most mature or the right thing to do but it was the only way we could see”

“Buffy?”

“No mom, let me finish, I know it wasn’t the right thing to do but it doesn’t matter any more, I have the audition tomorrow and…..”

“And I go back to school next week”

Spike grabbed hold of her hand and tried to miss the look of horror on Buffy’s face.

“NEXT WEEK???”

Spike silently cursed himself as she got up from the couch and ran through the front door, he took off after her ignoring the questions from both their parents. After travelling through the streets of sunnydale he eventually found her sitting by their tree in Weatherly park.

“Luv?”

He sat down next to her being careful about startling her too much. He noticed her wipe away tears as she turned away from him.

“Why didn’t you tell me it was so soon?”

She wrapped her arms around herself and rested her chin on his shoulder taking comfort in his nearness. He instinctively put his arm around her and pulled her to his side kissing her head.

“I’m sorry sweetheart but I didn’t want to upset you, I know im a pillock but we were having a perfect evening and I didn’t want to ruin it for you”

He gripped her tighter and rocked her slowly until her crying ceased.

“I’m really sorry Buffy, I didn’t mean to hurt you”

He inhaled the scent from her hair and relaxed slightly as he felt her stroke his hand.

“I know you didn’t baby, I was just a bit shocked, I didn’t mean to run off like that, was mom mad?”

He chuckled deep in his chest and it made Buffy smile, before she had chance to ask what was funny he pulled her toward him and kissed her hard,

“I have no clue luv, they are probably shagging as we speak while they have the house to themselves again”

He laughed again as she screwed up her nose,

“Eww, gross Spike”.


“I don’t want to go back in”

Buffy looked at her front door and pouted, spike squeezed her hand gently and chuckled,

“Come on luv, they have some questions I’m guessing and we need to talk about us after we’re done with the firing squad”

“What are we going to do Spike, when you leave I mean?”

She looked at the floor knowing if she looked at him the tears would start again and held her breath waiting for his answer.

“I don’t know exactly kitten but we will work it out, im not going to lose you”

He lifted her chin up so she met his eyes and smiled at her

“I promise”

Buffy breathed a sigh of relief knowing that was the best answer he could give her at the time and returned his smile fighting back the tears

“Ok, lets go”

Opening the door she was immediately greeted by Joyce,

“Buffy are you ok?”

“I’m fine mom, I was just a little shocked and overwhelmed by everything”

She sat back on the couch and gestured for Spike to follow before looking up at the two adults in the room

“So shoot”

“Shoot what Buffy?”

“Look mom I know you two must be livid with us and want to give us the third degree so we’re all ears”

She shifted closer to Spike needing to feel his touch and entwined their fingers together while they waited for the tirade to come.

“Buffy, Rupert and I talked about this when you both left earlier and we would like to take this time to apologise to the both of you for the way we handled things, we were both so worried you would hold each other back that we didn’t really consider your feelings in any of this and we were wrong”

The blondes looked up with complete shock written over their faces and Buffy made a move to speak,

“Buffy im not finished, your right what you and Spike did was wrong and maybe you could have handled things better but as I said so could we and lets face it we are supposed to be the adults here so I want us all to start over with you both safe in the knowledge that we approve of your relationship”

She smiled as she watched her daughters face light up before finding herself with arms full of Buffy as she hugged her.

“Thank you so much mom, you don’t know what this means to us and I promise I will ace this audition tomorrow”

After discussing future plans with each other until early hours in the morning the two Giles men decided it would be best to stay over after receiving the offer from Joyce, it was agreed Buffy and Spike could share a room but Joyce also made it clear it wouldn’t be a regular occurrence.

“Good night sweetie, night Spike”

“Night mom, Giles”

“Night Joyce, Da”

As soon as they heard the bedroom door shutting upstairs, Buffy and Spike started to laugh,

“Oh my god, my mom and your dad, that’s just weird, if they get married we’ll be brother and sister”

She pushed him away half heartedly as he wrapped his arm around her and placed kisses to the side of her neck,

“Talk about keeping it in the family luv”

He chuckled as she hit his arm and then resumed his task nipping and sucking at her neck until a purple mark started to appear.

“Stop it Spike, you best not have marked me my mom will freak”

“its her punishment for scarring us for the rest of our lives”

He laughed again as she covered her face with her hands and shook her head,

“God stop, I don’t wanna think about that ever again”

She felt his hand on her thigh and smirked behind her hand before stopping him,

“we need to talk”

“Well that killed the moment luv”

He laughed lightly and moved his hand

“so where do we start?”

“How about where you are going to school?”.


Spike looked at here silently and brushed a stray piece of hair from out of her face, sighing audibly he leant back in the chair and swept his hands over his face,

“I went to see someone in LA as you know luv, I couldn’t go back to school in England as I went kind of AWOL”

“What are you talking about Spike?”

“Absent without leave pet, long story short Drucilla fucked me over which is the reason I left which means I cant just waltz back into school. I went to see someone in UCLA and had an interview, explained my situation and promised wholly that I would work my ass off if they give me a chance so LA is the place”

“Oh, when you said you had been to LA I thought it was still to go back to England but that was just were you were meeting”

She looked at the floor as all kinds of thoughts ran through her head, she was mainly relieved as he wasn’t going to be as far away as England but she didn’t know where she would end up going to School if she passed her audition.

“Buffy?”

“Sorry, I was just thinking you know my head, always busy busy busy”

She looked at him and cupped his face with her hand,

“I’m glad your not going back to England, is that selfish?”

She smiled half heartedly as he covered her hand with his own.

“I couldn’t have gone all that way leaving you here sweetheart, you should know that by now, we will make it work Buffy, I have only got to get through this year and then I’ve graduated leaving me free to go wherever you are, we can manage for a year cant we?”

He squeezed her hand gently all the while thinking she was going to reject him and tell him not to be so stupid, how could he expect her to wait for him for a whole year.

“Of course we can baby, it will just be hard not being able to see you or have you hold me when I need you”

She had barely got the last sentence out when she found herself in his arms.

He couldn’t help himself, he knew she wasn’t Dru but his insecurities came into play every now and again, holding her against his chest he promised himself he would make it work, he knew he couldn’t lose her and he was almost sure they could survive a year.

He breathed in her scent before placing a kiss on her forehead and pulling back,

“Buffy you have an important day tomorrow, I think we should call it a night”

He waited for a response and when he didn’t receive one he tried to peek at her face, it didn’t take long before he heard a gentle snore and he chuckled to himself,

“Come on luv, lets get you to bed”

He picked her up wrapping her arms around his neck and headed up the stairs to her bedroom, lying her down he quickly removed her clothing and stared at her in awe as she curled in a ball and instinctively shot her hand out in search of him, stirring slightly when she noticed he wasn’t there she whispered his name.

He took off his t shirt deciding it would be better to not sleep naked incase her mum came in in the morning and crawled into bed spooning himself against her and kissing her hair,

“I’m right here Buffy”

She snuggled closer to him taking hold of the hand that was wrapped around her waist smiling in her sleep

“I love you”

Spike thought his heart would combust as he held her close, he would never had imagined coming to the small town of Sunnydale he would meet the woman he was destined to live the rest of his life with, he briefly pictured the house with the white picket fence and the three kids before sleep overtook him and he fell asleep with a grin on his face.

The light from the sun shining through the window woke up Spike the next morning, he quickly turned to check the time on the clock to make sure Buffy hadn’t overslept only to see that it was only seven, grumbling loudly he turned on his side only to be greeted by a smiling Buffy,

“Morning kitten, sleep well?”

“Mm hmm, I think it was because I had you to be all snuggly with, it makes for a very happy morning Buffy which is something that doesn’t occur that often”

She stretched languidly causing her bra to expose the underside of her breast and Spike gulped, he had been trying to will his morning wood down, knowing it wouldn’t be a good idea to indulge in any sexual activity under the same roof as their parents but his resolve was rapidly diminishing.

“Pet would you mind putting some clothes on”

His voice was pleading and Buffy laughed, moving closer to him she put her hand underneath the blanket and scratched her nails along his jean clad erection causing him to hiss.

“What’s wrong baby, doesn’t little spikey wanna come out and play”

She continued her ministrations all the while smirking as in between hisses he was mumbling about bloody little vixens and weak males.
As soon as she made contact with his zipper Spikes hands flew down to stop her.

“Buffy as much as I want nothing more but to rip off your pretty little underwear and fuck you senseless I don’t think it’s a good idea with our parents being in the next room”

“Spike my mum never wakes up this early and I need you”

Just as she saw the defeat in his face she was startled by a knock on the door,

“Buffy, William there is coffee on downstairs if you cant get back to sleep”

Buffy looked horrified as she heard Giles’ voice.

“I forgot to tell you kitten, my da is an early riser and he has impeccable hearing”

He chuckled as the blush crept up her face and give butt a playful slap,

“Right you go get showered and I’ll go and talk to da, you have a big day ahead of you so I’ll make you some breakfast”

He leaned over and kissed the tip of her nose before jumping out the bed and putting his t shirt back on,

“See you in a little while luv”.