Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for all those dancers out there who scream abuse at my audition scene, i tried!!!

thanks for the reviews guys they keep me writing

Disclaimer: everything is Gods, oh i mean Joss'

song is : Cry Little Sister form The Lost Boys OST
As she scanned the waiting area Buffy took a deep breath trying to contain her nervousness, she tried to go through her routine in her head but seeing the other dancers stretching and giving themselves ‘pep talks’ just made her more anxious and so she decided to focus on the room. It was almost as big as her mothers whole art gallery decorated with art probably more expensive, she briefly wondered why they would need such décor in a waiting area but she remembered her mom always saying how some art was relaxing and assumed that played a major part.

“Buffy Summers”

She nearly collapsed when she heard the assistant calling her name,

“Ok Buffy, get a grip”

She mentally chided herself as she took another deep breath and followed the brunette girl who after reading her name tag learned her name was Lydia.

“Nervous?”

The young woman asked as they entered through double doors.

“Petrified”

Buffy replied with a nervous laugh, Lydia smiled back and opened another door gesturing for Buffy to go through.

“Don’t worry the big cheese around here isn’t as bad as you’d expect, just remember to smile during your audition and try not to fall flat on your face”

She laughed as the look of horror swept over the young blondes face.

“Oh I’m sorry it was a joke, you’ll be fine”

Still giggling to herself she held open the last door which led to the auditorium and told Buffy to make her way on to the stage to prepare.

Staring down from the stage Buffy willed her shakiness to disappear, she was relieved she couldn’t actually see who she was auditioning for, Spike had gave her the great idea of pretending she was just dancing for him and not being able to see anyone else made it easier to put into practice.

“Right Buffy, your music will start in just a minute and I have to add that it’s a very interesting song that you’ve chosen”

She nodded her head in thanks and listened for the beginning of her song.


A last fire will rise behind those eyes
Black house will rock, blind boys don't lie
Immortal fear, that voice so clear
Through broken walls, that scream I hear


She moved her hips slowly in time to the beat raising one hand above her head whilst moving the other one outwards in the third ballet position, dropping them both and lifting one leg she pirouetted across the stage. Her heart was beating ten times faster than usual with adrenalin pumping through her body and she smiled brightly as she perfected another turn.


Cry, little sister - Thou shall not fall
Come to your brother - Thou shall not die
Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear
Love is with your brother - Thou shall not kill


She leaped gracefully and perfected her landing and still managed to remember the next move which delighted her, tracing her hips and side of her breasts with her hands she continued to dance, briefly threading her hands through her hair she contracted her rib cage out bringing her knee to meet her elbow before kicking her leg out in front of her and landing in the splits on the floor.

Blue masquerade, strangers look on
When will they learn this loneliness?
Temptation heat beats like a drum
Deep in your veins, I will not lie


Little sister - Thou shall not fall
Come to your brother - Thou shall not die
Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear
Love is with your brother - Thou shall not kill

My Shangri-Las
I can't forget
Why you were mine
I need you now

Spinning across the stage with ease she was amazed that she hadn’t messed up once, she realised at that moment that she had to dance, no matter what happened today she would keep going and eventually be as good as they needed if not better and she would keep trying.

Cry, little sister - Thou shall not fall
Come to your brother - Thou shall not die
Unchain me, sister - Thou shall not fear
Love is with your brother - Thou shall not kill

Sliding across the smooth surface letting her legs lead she gradually came to lie down with one hand over her face and the other stretched out in front of her making a perfect line with the rest of her body.

Calming herself for a minute before standing she let herself relax, as she faced outwards towards where the ‘panel’ were the lights blinded her momentarily before they were switched off and the house lights came up revealing Lydia and two men at either side.

“Well Buffy that was impressive, you didn’t fall on your face once”

Noticing the confusion on her face she smiled

“I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself, I’m Lydia the ‘big cheese’ around these parts”

She used her fingers to air quote the comment before standing and making her way to the stage to greet the out of breath teen.

“I like to do the meet and greet to get a feel for the attitudes of the people auditioning for my schools, you passed the initial test, your not some stuck up little teen who lives off mummy and daddy’s money whilst believing you should get in to the school because you simply want to”

She smiled warmly and extended her hand to help Buffy off the stage.

“Well I guess you’d like to know if you passed the main test huh?”





Looking at the clock for at least the hundredth time Spike sighed dramatically, he had been nervous from the minute she had left for her audition and it hadn’t eased off while she had been gone.

“Spike sit down, your making me more nervous”

Joyce scolded him and smiled to herself as he sat down next to the clock, she had watched him pace the floor all morning and whilst she found it sweet at first it was beginning to wear thin.

“Sorry Joyce I just want this so badly for her”

He looked at the clock again and then to the window when he heard a car engine. He had argued that he wanted to take her but she wouldn’t let him, saying that if she didn’t get through she might need time on her own and insisted in taking a cab. He stood up and headed to the door when Joyce took hold of his arm.

“Let her get through the door sweetie”

He smiled at her and stopped where he was burning holes through the front door, ‘how long does it take to get up a driveway anyway’. he argued with himself until he heard the door open.

“Buffy?”

He didn’t say anything else before he found his arms full with a very teary blonde clinging on to him and mumbling in to his chest. He pulled her away and looked at her,

“What did you say kitten?”

Her face lit up and the grin became wider

“I got in”.

He picked her up and swung her around the room as she kept shouting those three words, he finally put her down when he heard Joyce clear her throat.

“Sorry Joyce I got a bit carried away”

“I had noticed, now am I allowed to congratulate my baby?”

She smiled and held her arms out to Buffy who immediately embraced her.



An hour and a half later they met up with Giles to give him the good news and he offered to take them all to dinner as a celebration, Buffy accepted gratefully only to met with a miserable Spike who wanted to have a private celebration.

“Spike we have all night, it was really nice of your dad to offer”

She laughed as he pouted and she pulled him towards her wrapping her arms around him,

“I promise I’ll make it up to you later, I may even have a little surprise in store”

She watched the curiosity light his face and he arched an eyebrow at her,

“What kind of surprise?”

Pulling him down for a quick kiss she winked and grabbed his ass,

“Not telling but lets just say I may have done a bit of shopping after the audition today”

Before he could question her further their parents walked out of the house and informed them they were ready to go.

“Mom can I have a word? Spike you and Giles go ahead we’ll catch up”

He looked at her confusedly and dragged his father ahead of them

“Come on Rupes, looks like there’s a bit of girl talk to be done”

Spike tried desperately to hear what was being said but could only make out a few pleases here and there before watching Buffy hug her mother and say thank you. She made her way to him smiling and refused once again to tell him what she had planned which resulted in him pouting again.

“Spike I find that very cute, you all pouty”

she grabbed his cheeks giving them a squeeze and put on a baby voice

“Look at that lip, gonna get it”

He pulled away trying not to smile as he headed up the stairs of the restaurant leaving three very amused people behind him.

After they had been seated and had ordered their food everyone began firing questions about the audition,

“Where will you go to school Buffy?”

Giles sipped his wine and Buffy found herself the centre of attention.

“Oh errm, I don’t actually know yet, I go in three weeks but we don’t actually get told just yet”

She fiddled with her wine glass and tried to avoid the three pairs of eyes staring at her.

“How can they not tell you where your going luv?”

“Well they need to sort out all the accommodation, and finish the auditions and room everyone together so its just not arranged yet, they will let me know soon enough, but hey speaking of schools have you sorted out all your arrangements yet?”

Spike eyed her suspiciously but decided to let it go figuring she would tell him when she was ready,

“Yes pet everything is sorted, I’m being roomed with some guy called Devon and I have to be at the dorms at 10 am next Saturday morning”

He couldn’t miss the audible sigh that came from Buffy next to him.

“I know its soon luv but we’ll be ok”

He reached for her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze before being interrupted by the waiters arriving with the food.

As the two couples entered the Summers residence Joyce pulled Giles to one side and whispered something in his ear, he nodded his acceptance and turned to the other two people in the room.

“Right it seems that Joyce and I will be retiring to my house for a little while so we shall speak to you tomorrow. Goodnight”

“Night mom, night Giles and thank you”

Buffy beamed at Spike who mumbled a confused goodbye and then turned to her as the door closed.

“Pet, what just happened here?”