Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks for the reviews guys, please keep going




Disclaimer still in effect
It had been five days since Buffys audition and she found herself helping Spike carry boxes to the car, she thought back on the week they had shared together and smiled, Joyce had actually offered to stay in Ruperts for the best part of the week to give her and Spike some time together before he left for school, although Spike had teased her saying it was because they wanted to christen his da’s kitchen. The rest of the week had been spent making love and generally spending time together.

“Luv what are you thinking about?”

Buffy jumped at the sound of Spikes voice and turned to look at him

“Geez Spike, heart attack much”

She laughed and put the box in the back of his De Soto.

“I was just thinking of how great this last week has been, well apart from having to go to school for the last week, I mean come on who goes to school for the last week of term, besides I wont even be there next term”

She pouted when he laughed at her and playfully hit in the arm.

“Watch it luv, heavy boxes here”

She looked at the side of the box which had pillows written on it and laughed

“Sorry spikey are the feather light pillows too heavy for you, maybe I should help you”

She took one from the box and hit him over the head with it before turning and running back to the house with him after her. When she reached the door he grabbed her waist and pulled her back with him but he lost his footing and they both collapsed on the grass in a heap hysterical.

“Well kitten, that worked well”

He smirked at her and she leaned down to kiss him.

“Not that im complaining pet but what was that for?”

He looked into her eyes and noticed that there were un shed tears in them,

“Buffy?”

She sniffed then wiped at her eyes,

“Im ok, I’m just gonna miss you”

He pulled her back down into his arms and hugged her tightly.

“I’ll miss you too luv but we’ll be fine, I’ll see you every weekend remember”

He tried to reassure her but inside his heart was doing flip flops too, he didn’t know if he could last a whole year only seeing her two days a week. He pushed her away slightly so he could look at her face and brushed his thumbs underneath her eyes to wipe away her tears.

“I promise you Buffy, we’ll be ok”

She nodded and stood up offering her hand to help him off the ground, he squeezed it gently and looked at the car.

“Well I guess that’s everything, pillows and all”

He chuckled half heartedly and embraced her again when he watched her tears fall once more. He kissed her hair and rested his chin on the top of her head trying to force back his own tears. His jaw tightened as he willed them back and then released her.

“DA, I’M READY”

He watched as Giles and Joyce emerged at the door hand in hand and made their way to the car. Giles hugged him tightly and then pulled away clearing his throat.

“Right then, drive carefully William and call as soon as you arrive”

“I will Da I promise”

He turned to embrace Joyce briefly and said his goodbyes before turning again to Buffy who was trying hard not to cry again. He cupped her face with both of his hands and kissed her softly on the lips before placing his lips by her ear.

“I love you Buffy, and I’ll call you everyday I promise”

He rested his forehead against hers for a few seconds and then moved to sit in his car.

“Da look after them for me”

He grabbed Buffy’s hand through the window and kissed it,

“I’ll see you in a week”

He waved as he started the car and pulled it on to the road, as soon as he hit the gas he refused to look back knowing if he saw Buffy cry once more he wouldn’t leave.

As soon as he sped of Buffy’s dam burst and she found herself in her mothers arms,

“ It hurts mom, I miss him already”

She buried her face in her moms shoulder and sobbed as Joyce stroked her hair,

“I know sweetie, I know”

-----------------------------------------------

The two weeks after their goodbye passed in a blur to Buffy, she had spent everyday on the phone to Spike and he had came home to see her as promised at the weekend which they spent making love but they both knew it wasn’t enough.

She had to convince him not to drop out of school again on his last visit promising that they would be fine. He had sulked telling her it was too hard without her but he had agreed when she used her ways of persuasion in the bedroom.

She smiled when she thought of that night, he had insisted on keeping the black satin thong as a ‘reminder’ and laughed when she told him he had a weird underwear fetish that was starting to scare her.

“Buffy, are you ok?”

Joyce knocked on the door and Buffy told her to enter.

“I brought the last of your laundry up sweetie, I thought you’d need to pack it”

She put the clothes on her bed and sat down next to her daughter.

“I cant believe you finally leave tonight, I bet Spike is sulking at the fact he cant come here and see you this weekend”

Buffy laughed,

“Yeah. He mumbled something about stupid bloody dance schools and my inability to tell him where I’m going”

“Why don’t you just tell him sweetheart, it would be easier”

“No mom, he’ll find out soon enough, he’ll just have to wait and stop acting like a baby”

She smiled at her mothers eye roll and stood up from the bed to pack the last of her clothes.

“Well that’s me done, I’ll just wait for Spike to call and im ready to leave”

She had just barely finished the sentence when she found herself wrapped up in her mothers arms

“I’ll miss you baby”

“I’ll miss you too mom”