Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all of the sweet and enthusiastic reviews! I won't be updating again until this weekend because I'm going out of town to celebrate my birthday, so I hope this chapter will tide you over until then;)
After closing the gallery and changing into a more casual, yet sophisticated outfit, Buffy perfected her appearance meticulously in the gallery’s bathroom before leaving and getting into her car, driving a few blocks over and giving herself a mental pep-talk.

If he doesn’t seem like the guy you think he is, you can leave at any time. There is such a thing as pretending to feel sick and getting away with it, provided you use those acting skills you picked up while sleeping with… Don’t think of him right now, Summers- those thoughts are enough to make you go home and curl up on the couch with a carton of ice cream.

When she parked in the restaurant’s lot, she took a calming breath and smoothed out her skirt before walking inside and to the host’s stand, checking in and asking if William had arrived yet. After finding out that she had gotten there first, she sat down on a bench to wait, fidgeting mindlessly as she became nervous once again.

Maybe he isn’t coming, she thought. Maybe he’s changed his mind and doesn’t want to meet me.

Before she could consider standing up and leaving, she saw a good-looking man walk in and look around for a moment before his eyes focused on her, a slow smile forming on his lips.

“Buffy?” he asked, walking towards her. “Buffy Summers?”

She stared at him, noticing that he no longer looked like the man in the picture she had stared at for weeks. Gone were the glasses, now replaced undoubtedly by contacts, and his hair was bleached a platinum-blonde shade.

He’s definitely not thin- he has some muscles under that tight black shirt- and the way he said my name was… swoon-worthy. He told me he’s from London originally, but I guess I never expected his voice to sound that sexy.

As her perusal continued, her eyes roaming across his body and studying every part of him that she could, he did his best to keep from blushing, still not used to women being so attracted to his new look, having only changed his appearance months before.

“You are Buffy Summers, right?” he asked, smirking when she nodded, still looking at him before shaking her head slightly to clear her thoughts and standing, extending a hand. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“You, too,” she said, smiling brightly when he took her hand in his and brought it up to his mouth, brushing his lips over her skin and noting the blush that began to cover her cheeks.

“Are you ready to eat, luv?” he asked, smiling when she nodded and returned to the host, surprised when she felt his hand on her lower back as they waited to be shown to their table.

After they sat down, he opened his menu and felt her eyes on him, not bothering to mask his amusement when he raised his eyes to hers.

“Not that I mind being gawked at, pet, but I think you’re starting to drool,” he said, grinning when her eyes widened and she opened her menu quickly.

“I wasn’t drooling,” she mumbled. “Although you’re drool-worthy, William.”

“You can call me Spike,” he said. “Everyone else does.”

“Where did you get a nickname like that from?” she asked curiously before blushing when he leered at her. “Never mind.”

“Sure you don’t want to know?” he asked, laughing when she shook her head vigorously. “Don’t know what you’re missing, kitten.”

“Yeah, you’re not wrong,” she murmured, focusing on her menu and ignoring him as he chuckled quietly.

* * * * *

“So, tell me all about London,” she said conversationally after they finished eating dinner. “I feel like I’ve told you all there is to know about me, but yet you’ve hardly told me anything.”

“I like listening to you speak,” he replied, smiling when she blushed. “London is a wonderful place, really. Great to grow up in, that’s for sure. There’s so much to see and do, and even though it gets a bit old after a while, it’s wonderful to return to.” He looked into his wine glass and sighed. “Although I don’t want to go back next week.”

“What?” she asked, confused. “You’re going to London next week?”

“Yeah,” he said, looking at her. “I’ve been asked to move back so I can be a photographer for a local magazine there. It’s a great opportunity, I think, so I said I would.”

“You’re moving?” she asked, frowning. “Am I really that bad that you want to move away from me already?”

He laughed, causing her to smile softly before looking down.

“You’re more than welcome to come visit me any time you’d like to,” he replied. “I almost wish we hadn’t met, Goldilocks- it won’t be easy to leave L.A. knowing I’m walking away from a girl like you.”

Their eyes stayed locked for a long moment before the spell was broken as the waitress put their bill on the edge of the table. Buffy put her hand on it as Spike reached to grab it.

“I’d like to cover it,” she said. “Consider it a going-away gift.”

“How about we split it?” he asked. “It’s only fair.”

“Alright,” she said, both opening their wallets and combining their money to pay for their meals.

“I’m glad we went out tonight,” Spike said after hesitating slightly. “I wasn’t expecting it to go this well.”

“Me either,” she replied, smiling. “I’m happy we decided to meet.”

“Me, too,” he agreed, returning her smile as he handed their waitress the bill and money.

* * * * *

Spike escorted her to her car, wanting to spend as much time with her as possible before they ended their date. Once arriving beside her vehicle, they stood in awkward silence, neither knowing how to proceed.

“So,” Buffy said quietly, looking at him. “Thank you for suggesting the restaurant- I enjoyed it.”

“I’m glad,” he replied. “Thank you for showing up and being such a wonderful date.”

“You’re welcome,” she said, blushing slightly. “Am I… going to see you again, or-”

“I’d like to,” he said, cutting her off. “I had a wonderful time tonight with you.”

“Me, too,” she replied, smiling. “I guess I’ll see you soon, then.”

“I’d like that,” he said. “Have a good night, Buffy.”

“Good night, Spike,” she said, watching as he lowered his head and pressed his lips to hers for a brief kiss, smiling when he took a small step back.

“Goodbye, luv,” he replied, turning on his heel and walking to his car.

She watched him walk away and brought her fingers to her lips, wishing they were still kissing.

“Goodbye, Spike,” she whispered, getting in her car and starting it before taking her cell phone out of her purse and calling Anya.

“The night is already over?” Anya asked, sounding surprised. “Didn’t it go well?”

“It went perfectly,” Buffy said sincerely, contently sighing.

“Then why aren’t you going off to his place or yours to continue the fun?” Anya asked. “Wasn’t he worthy of several orgasms?”

“You have no idea,” Buffy answered, grinning mischievously. “But I don’t sleep with guys after one date- they have to earn it.”

“That’s right- you and I differ like that,” Anya said good-naturedly. “I’m happy you had a nice time.”

“Thank you,” Buffy said, looking out her window and seeing Spike’s car drive off. “And thank you for convincing me to go.”

“You’re welcome,” she replied. “I hope you see him again- you deserve to take a test-drive with him.”

“I definitely don’t disagree with you,” Buffy said quietly, running her fingers over her lips again and taking a deep breath.