Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who has been reading and/or reviewing- I'm serious when I say that I sincerely appreciate everyone's support with this fic. I hope you continue to like it! :)
Buffy and Spike watched as Xander and Drusilla walked away, undoubtedly going to pick up Xander’s luggage. Buffy shifted awkwardly in place as a long period of silence passed before looking at Spike and hesitating before nudging him, getting his attention.

“Are you alright?” she asked quietly, frowning when he shrugged and looked down. “Want me to take the next plane home?”

“You’re not the person I want to get on a plane and fly away,” he replied, managing a small smile. “For that matter, I don’t think I ever want to see you fly home. Having you here in London is already a surreal experience.”

“Yeah, I’d say,” Buffy said, beginning to look around the airport in an attempt to forget the fact that she was still in the same building with a man she despised and a woman who had a past with Spike, one that seemingly didn’t go too well.

“Sorry for being so quiet,” Spike said, putting his hands in his pockets. “I’m still a little thrown from seeing Dru again, let alone knowing she’s dating one of your ex-boyfriends. I definitely didn’t expect our little reunion to go like this.”

“Could be worse,” Buffy said, trying to be positive. “I could’ve shown up wearing an engagement ring or something.”

Spike took her left hand in his and looked at her fingers before saying, “I don’t know what I would do if you were engaged.”

Their eyes locked for a moment before Spike cleared his throat and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

“So, what now?” Buffy asked. “Should we risk going to get my luggage and running into Xander and Drusilla?”

“Are you hungry?” Spike asked, smiling when she nodded vigorously. “How about we pick up your bags quickly and leave the airport before Dru and the whelp spot us? We can go to a restaurant near my apartment before we settle you in. I can show you around London tomorrow, if you’d like.”

“I like the way you think,” Buffy replied, grinning when he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and began to lead her in the direction that Xander and Drusilla had walked in minutes earlier.

* * * * *

Buffy wiped off her mouth with her napkin after finishing the last bite of her sandwich. Spike watched her with an amused expression before chuckling when she blushed.

“Why were you looking at me like that?” Buffy asked, looking down at her empty plate.

“It amazes me how much you can eat,” he answered. “Most women don’t eat a lot when they’re in the company of men, but you don’t seem to care about keeping up feminine appearances. You’re not like other girls, luv.”

“Thank you,” she said, taking a deep breath and looking around the restaurant while she tried to collect her thoughts. “So, tell me about Drusilla.”

“Why do you want to know?” Spike asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“I like to get an idea of my potential clients,” Buffy answered. “I mean, I’m meeting up with her tomorrow, and I’d like to know a little about her before I go to lunch with her.”

“Do you remember my profile on The International Love Agency site?” he asked, sighing when she nodded. “The bit about not liking ‘emotional vampires’ was alluding to Dru.”

“So, she’s not exactly the nicest girl around,” Buffy said, looking down. “Is she a good artist?” He nodded and picked at the steak in front of him. “Do you think it would be wise for me to feature some of her art in my gallery?”

“I don’t see much harm in it,” he answered. “She won’t screw you out of money or something, if that’s what you’re worried about. She can be an excellent businesswoman.”

“That’s good, at least,” she replied. “I’m happy we didn’t run into them in the baggage claim area.”

“Me, too,” Spike said, putting down his utensils. “So, tell me about Xander.”

“Why?” Buffy asked, surprised. “You’re not asking to find out if he’s a good guy for Drusilla, are you? I mean, you don’t still have…”

“Feelings for her?” Spike finished for her. “Not in the slightest. Well, unless hatred counts. I don’t think I had much in the way of feelings for her around the time we broke up, as it was. She doesn’t exactly know the meaning of the word faithful.”

“She has that in common with Xander, then,” Buffy said.

“He cheated on you?” Spike asked, angered at the thought of Buffy being hurt by a man that she trusted.

“Several times, it seems,” Buffy answered. “But it’s for the best, I guess. I’m glad I realized what he was doing behind my back before I wasted any more time with him.” She paused. “And if he and I hadn’t split up, I wouldn’t have met you.”

“You’re right- it was for the best,” he replied, putting one of his hands on hers and lacing their fingers together. “Do I have permission to dislike him?”

“Absolutely,” Buffy said, grinning. “I certainly won’t stop you.”

* * * * *

After paying their bill, Buffy and Spike headed to his apartment. Once he unlocked the door, Buffy looked around with a surprised expression on her face, not expecting it to look as posh as it did.

“Like my flat?” Spike asked curiously, smiling when she looked at him in awe. “Make yourself at home, princess- mi casa es su casa, as they say.”

“Thank you,” she said sincerely, putting down the bag she was holding and beginning to walk around. “I can’t believe a single man lives in such a spacious place.” She looked over her shoulder at him, amused. “Are you hiding something from me?”

“What do you mean?” he asked, walking closer to her.

“Are you secretly married with a dozen children?” she asked jokingly, giggling when he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him.

“Do I look like a married man to you?” he asked, grinning.

“Nope,” she answered. “You definitely have bachelor written all over you.”

“Not for long, though,” he said, running his hand over her hair. “And can’t really be a bachelor when I’ve got my girlfriend living with me for a little while.”

“I’m your girlfriend?” she asked, surprised when he cupped her cheeks in his hands and pressed his lips to hers.

“Don’t you want to be?” he asked, smiling when she nodded instantly. “Then it’s settled- we’re dating.”

“I liked the sound of that,” she replied.

“So do I,” he agreed, kissing the tip of her nose softly. “Now, want to see my bedroom, pidge?”

“What?” she asked, caught off-guard slightly by the question.

“You’re sleeping in my bedroom, aren’t you?” he asked, confused. “I figured you’d want to unpack before we go to sleep.”

“Oh,” she said, blushing slightly, which didn’t go unnoticed by Spike.

“What did you think I meant?” he asked curiously.

“That you wanted to… partake in some type of… funny business,” she mumbled, taking a step back from him when he began laughing. “What’s so funny?”

“I don’t think I’m ever going to let you live that sentence down,” he replied, continuing to laugh as he walked down a hallway, Buffy following him.

“It’s not that funny, Spike,” she said, pouting. “I’m tired and have an early morning with Drusilla, not to mention that jet lag could kick in at any moment. I need my beauty sleep, you know.”

“You’re already beautiful, Buffy,” he said, turning around and smiling at her. “And you should have known that I wasn’t implying we should shag. I do have some tact, pet.”

“And the fact that we only know each other so much,” she said, looking down.

“Precisely,” he replied.

“Although, I’m not against the idea of us possibly… shagging while I’m here,” she said, slowly raising her eyes to his to gauge his reaction.

“On two conditions,” he said, and she looked at him expectantly. “The first is that if and when it happens, it will be meaningful and not just some one-time thing.”

“Agreed,” she said. “What’s the second condition?”

“That you never say the word ‘shagging’ again,” he said, smirking. “Yanks never sound right saying British words.”

“But didn’t I sound cute when I said it?” she asked, smiling when he kissed her softly.

“You always sound cute,” he answered. “But it’s debatable.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked, frowning when he continued to walk down the hallway, laughing.

“Come on, luv- let’s get you unpacked so you can meet up with the wicked witch tomorrow.”





A/N: I hope everyone has a Happy (and safe) New Years!