Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry its taken me so long to get the second chap posted. things have been mega hectic!!! Hope people like this, i was unsure about the first chapter, i just hope people like this.
Chapter two: Rather be fighting you.

“I am Ashquar.Buffy Zummers. I ‘ave come ‘ere to challenge you to zee death.” The man spoke with a strange foreign accent, yet with an upper class lilt. He reminded Buffy slightly of the villain Jafar, out of the Disney version of Aladdin.

As the man spoke Buffy finally snapped to her senses. Climbing to her feet, she felt Spike stand up next to her.

“Wait a sec, you’re here to what?” Buffy pulled a puzzled face and stared at the man, confused.

Spike leant over and whispered into her ear. “He’s here to kill you, pet. Has all that hair dye finally gone to your brain?”

“Shut up Spike.” She hissed at him.

“Why do you want to kill me exactly?” Buffy had to crane her neck to look into the man’s face, as he was at least eight foot tall.

“Are you not zee Buffy Zummers, vampire slayer extraordinaire?” Ashquar looked at her as though it was obvious why he wanted her dead.

“That’s me, although extraordinaire, I don’t know whether you could call me extraordinaire. I suppose you could, but...” Buffy was quite taken with the idea of being called extraordinary, he sounded like a good title.

“Enough!” Pouting she looked up at the man who had just broke her out of her daydream. “Zen you should know exzactly why I wish to kill you.”

Buffy just stared at the scary man, but was not put off. “Nope, doesn’t ring any bells.”

“Insolent girl. You killed my brother. I am ‘ere to get hiz vengeance.”

Lights started going off in her head as she remembered what he was talking about. “Oh you mean tallish guy, not quite as tall as you. Bald head. Tried to destroy the world.” Off the mans clenched jaw look, Buffy took it that she was right, she had killed this mans brother, but she had been saving the world yet again when she had done it – in her mind that was acceptable, not like he was human.

“For zat, I will kill you Slayer.”

Standing up to her full height, all 5ft 3”, she tried to look impressive. “Like to see you try.” She held her stake in front of her trying to look menacing.

She felt Spike square up next to her and switch to game face. “Yeah mate, just try it.”

Letting her shoulders sag she turned to Spike. “Spike.” She spoke in patronising tones. “What the hell are you doing?”

“I’m helping.” Spike just looked at her as though she was crazy.

“Spike. This is my fight, not yours.” Looking over at the Ashquar, she smiled at him, he stood there with his arms folded in an angry gesture. “Spike! Go away!”

Turning her back to him she tried to ignore his presence, hoping that he would get the message and go away. However it was wishful thinking, Spike just grabbed her shoulder and spun her round. “Listen, princess. I am here, I’m going to fight him just as much as you are.”

“Spike this guy has come to kill me, not you! Therefore it’s my fight. So go. Away.” She said the last part though gritted teeth hoping that this time he would get the message.

“No.” he just stared at her, showing that he wasn’t about to be moved.

“That’s it.” Finally losing her patience, Buffy lashed out and punched Spike. As he went down she turned back to the creepy tall guy. “So we gonna fight or what, ‘cus gotta tell you, just standing here’s not my idea of fighting.”

Before the guy could answer, there was a growl from behind her. Forgetting about the chip, Spike hit Buffy, sending her reeling, and him collapsing on the floor clutching his head.

Throughout all this the Ashquar just stood there staring at them, amused by their antics.

As Buffy stood up, she was now really pissed. Grapping Spike by the lapels of his duster, she dragged him up to be face to face with him. “What the hell was that for?”

Spike nose was bleeding as he laughed at the pissed off slayer in front of him. “I’m not your whipping boy slayer. You can’t boss me around like you do Captain Cardboard.”

Forgetting about the Jafar look alike, Buffy went straight in and started fighting with Spike. She kicked his legs from under him sending him crashing to the ground, before sitting on top of him, she then began repetitively hitting him.

“Bloody hell, pet, easy on the nose.”

Bucking her off him, she landed on her back where Spike then went and straddled her, tightly holding her hand above her head so that she couldn’t hit him. “Easy, there love, wouldn’t want to show yourself up now would you.” Chuckling, Spike watched as she struggled beneath him.

“Spike! Get off me!”

“Ah ah ah, what’s the magic word?”

Buffy couldn’t take his smug looks anymore. Wriggling, she managed to twist them so that she was on top. However, Spike still kept a tight grip on her hands. “Spike, let me go.”

“I bet this is closest you’ve ever been to a real man isn’t it, pet. Scared of getting your rocks off to this are you?”

“You're sick Spike, you know that? The only thing I feel towards you in revulsion.” Head butting him, she managed to free her hands and jumped up off him.

“I wouldn’t go near you even if you paid me, you’re a pig Spike!”

“Ohh and the bimbo had another witty comeback, who would have thought?” Spike smirked at her, whipping the blood from his nose.

“Spike! I have had it with you.” Lifting her stake, she stalked towards him. “This tale is finally going to have the dusty end it’s always required. At least then I can get back to a real fight.”

“With stick boy over there? Don’t count on it love.” Seeing the fire in her eyes, he feared for her existence and started to slowly back away as she stared to approach towards him slowly.

Watching them, Ashquar realised he knew the perfect revenge for his brothers death. It would also teach the insolent vampire now to show respect round someone of his stature. Closing his eyes, he held tightly onto the stick in his right hand, the orb on the end stared started to glow bright. The pair was so engrossed in what was going on with the other that they failed to see what the man was doing.

As his orb, grew brighter, he spoke out.

"Από το asuvius,
Θεός της εκδίκησης,
ζητώ την παρουσία σας τώρα,
ενώνω αυτούς τους δύο εχθρούς από κοινού"

Banging his stick down hard, it caused vibrations to ripple along the floor to where Buffy and Spike where stood glaring at each other. As the world shook beneath them the pair looked up confused at where the man had stood. Now all that was there was a large cloud of blue smoke, exactly like they way that he had arrived. Buffy and Spike could still hear his evil laugh in the air.

Buffy turned to look at Spike with a puzzled look on her delicate features. “What was his deal? I was just getting ready to fight him.” Pouting she looked at Spike as though for answers. “Oh well, guess I’ll just have to play punch the Spikey instead.” Raising her stake, she gave him the same cheerleader smile that she had giving the group of vampires earlier.

“Bugger off, pet.” Finally having quite enough of a migraine for one night, Spike decided to call it a night with the slayer and started to walk off back to his crypt, oblivious to the pout that Buffy was supporting over not being able beat up Spike.

However Spike had only got about three meters away from the slayer, when he was suddenly propelled backwards, as though he had hit an invisible wall. As he lay on the grass, he stared up at the stars.

Buffy came and hovered above him. Staring at his face, she saw the confusion written on it. Looking around her, she saw nothing that could have propelled Spike backwards.

“Uh oh.” Finally looking at where the man had just stood, Buffy realised something was seriously wrong here.

TBC….

The spell said:

By asuvius,
God of revenge,
I request your presence now,
Join these two enemies together.


hope you all liked, please leave me a review!!