Lost and Found




Rated- PG13 (there might be some NC17 parts posted separately)



Spoilers- Buffy: Chosen, Angel: Soul Purpose



Summary- I’m fixing everything Joss messed up. How? With a spell, a ghost, some visions, an awakening, and a revised prophecy. Still don't know what this is about? Well, then read it and find out. B/S, A/X, A/C, D/C, and maybe F/W (that’s Faith and Wes. What do you think?)



Disclaimer- I don’t own Buffy or Angel. If I did I wouldn’t have to write this story





Chapter 7- Taking Action



Lindsey hated Wolfram and Hart. The law firm was the worst thing that ever happened to him. He should have stuck with his guitar lessons and steered away from law school. The domineering lawyers had taken over his life. They had stripped him of his free will. He never imagined himself walking into this hell dwelling again, except for maybe with a can of kerosene and a lit match. So, returning to the building, without any hostile intentions, and actually seeking aid proves how desperate he really was.



The place looked basically the same at a glance, but as he took it all in intensely he caught subtle differences. There weren’t as many people about. He also noticed some brochures: NEED HELP?, WHAT WOLFRAM AND HART CAN DO FOR YOU, and HOW WE’VE CHANGED. What the hell? Those were new.



“What has Angel done to this place?” Lindsey muttered.



Beside him, Spike smirked. “Angel helps the helpless, mate.”



Lindsey nodded. That statement clarified it all.



The two men continued walking. They made it to the elevator and stepped inside. Spike reached out and pressed the button for Angel‘s floor.



“So, you know the poof then?”



The statement made Lindsey freeze. He realized his error. Spike still thought he was Doyle, the almighty chosen seer. Ha, he might be a seer but it certainly wasn’t because of some destiny. He was being punished pure and simple.



“Heard of him,” Lindsey vaguely said. He knew it was useless. The vampire was going to find out the truth sooner or later.



The elevator doors opened with a ding. Sooner was most likely.



Spike led Lindsey down the hall, but he already knew the way. He’d seen the head boss’s office far too many times. They came to the door and Spike grabbed a hold of the knob.



“Hey!”



Spike shook his head, sighed, turned, and rolled his eyes.



“What is it, Harmony?” Spike asked with annoyance.



The blond airhead of the undead stood up behind her desk. She crossed her arms. “You can’t just barge in there anytime you wish.”



“Watch me,” Spike said. He gave her an evil grin.



Spike opened the door and walked in. Angel sat behind his desk, looking over some papers. His head shot up at his grandchilde’s entrance.



“Harmony!” Angel yelled.



“I tried, boss!” Harmony hollered back.



“Call the carpenter! Tell him to get that lock installed!”



“Look, Peaches . . .” Spike began.



“Get the hell out, Spike,” Angel growled. He pointed toward the door.



Just then Lindsey made his presence known. He moved cautiously, never taking his eyes off Angel.



“Angel, long time no see,” Lindsey greeted. He surveyed the homey office. “Like what you did with the place.”



Angel immediately got to his feet. “Lindsey.”



If someone had detected the hostility when Angel had said Spike’s name they would have been blown away when he said Lindsey’s. The enemies stared at each other, neither moving.



Spike gestured to the seer. “Lindsey? Thought you said your name was Doyle.”



Angel’s expression darkened even more. “Doyle? Stealing my dead friend’s identity now?”



“Yeah well . . .”



“I told you never to step foot into my city again,” Angel coldly drawled.



Lindsey let out a long breath. “I know we hate each other, Angel. Believe me when I say I wouldn’t be here unless I had no other choice.”



In a swift motion Angel reached out and grabbed the long sword that hung on the wall. He unsheathed it and pointed the blade at the ex-lawyer.



“And why would that be?”



Spike raised an eyebrow. “I see that you two have issues. I’ll leave you to them.”



With that, Spike exited the office. He softly shut the door, secluding the rivals from the rest of the world to deal with things alone.



Lindsey held up his hands in surrender. “Look, I didn’t come for bloodshed. Despite the issues I have with you I came here for help.”



“Why would I give it?”



Lindsey ran a hand through his disheveled locks. “Visions.” He met Angel’s eyes straight on. “Real ones.”



Angel gazed in amazement. After a moment he lowered his weapon.



“Why would the powers give them to you? Cordelia is the one . . .”



“Hell, I don’t know! I don’t know if they’re making me pay. Or if it is just a loan until your sleeping beauty wakes. I don’t know!”



“I’m tempted to lock you up and let you suffer,” Angel deadpanned.



Lindsey shut his bloodshot eyes. He breathed in deeply.



“Help me, Angel.” He opened his eyes again. “I’ll tell you how to wake up your girlfriend.”



Angel’s eyes widened. He lunged forward. Forming a fist, Angel slammed it into Lindsey’s jaw. The man stumbled back easily.



“What did you do to Cordy!?”



“Not what ’I’ did. What ’we’ did. Eve and I,” Lindsey got out.



The vampire hit Lindsey again, this time in the eye. A bruise formed from the blow.



“What the hell did you do to Cordy!?” repeated Angel.



Lindsey straightened, touching his tender flesh. He glared at Angel and then punched him. Then he waved his hand around mockingly.



“Forget about my evil hand, Angel?”


Like lightening, Angel slipped into game-face and rammed Lindsey into the wall. His fingers wrapped around the cowboy-wannabe in a choke-hold. He stared the man down. If he breathed, hot air would have hit Lindsey full force.



“Forget about my vampiric strength and speed?” Angel spat. He tilted his head to the side. “Harmony, get in here!”



In two seconds flat Harmony came rushing in. She wore a mini-dress that was perfect for the impending spring. Her pink painted lips lifted into a smile. “Yeah, boss?”



“Harm, I want you to take over here. If he moves a muscle feel free to have yourself a snack.”



The smile on Harmony’s face grew. “Right. Got it.”



**************************



“He’s not gone,” Dawn said with conviction.



“I couldn’t find him, Dawnie,” Willow said, shaking her head.



A shiver ran through Dawn’s body. Her legs felt as if they could give out any second.



“What if he’s a ghost?” Dawn suddenly burst out. “It’s possible. Can you check. See if he’s here on earth. Please.” She was begging and she knew it. She was desperate for any explanation than one that meant her friends was gone. Really gone.



The witch gave the teen a compassionate look. “I’ll- I’ll check.”



Willow set up for another meditation trip. She sat with her legs crossed, eyes closed. She inhaled air deeply into her lungs, finding equilibrium. Dawn stood to the side, waiting impatiently.



It didn’t take as long this time. Willow’s eyes shot open. She gaped at Dawn.



“What?” Dawn asked.



“Oh my God,” muttered the red-head.



“What?”



“He’s in Los Angeles.”



Dawn’s hand went to her mouth. Laughter spilled out. She was happy. Okay, Spike wasn’t alive, but he wasn’t nothing. That was good, right? Something was better than nothing.



“We need to tell Buffy!” Dawn exclaimed.



Willow got to her feet. “Wait. It’s late. And this . . . The spell could have given false information.”



“But you don’t think so,” Dawn said.



“I don’t know,” Willow confessed. “But if this is for real we need to figure out what to do about it. We’ll have a meeting and -”



“Shouldn’t we do something now?” Dawn asked. She deflated.



“Not until we have more information. I’ll clue Giles in and see what he thinks.”



Willow gave Dawn a kiss on the forehead. After that she told the girl goodnight and left. Dawn stared at the door for a long time in shock. She was sick of others telling her what to do. She didn’t want to wait around. If Spike really was a spirit in LA he needed action right away.



It must be horrible for him, she thought. Not being able to touch anything. Maybe we can help send him off to the upper plane. Or better yet, bring him back. Yes, that is what they had to do. For Buffy. . . For me.



Dawn walked over to the chair by the bed. On its blue cushion was her suitcase. Dawn grabbed it. She had brought a ton of money on this trip. She had saved up from her babysitting jobs. There was more than enough for a round trip to LA.


There was no way she was going to wait around. Buffy would be mad as hell but she would eventually forgive her. Especially when Spike was back to his regular self.



_____________________________________________



So I finally learned how to spell Los Angeles. *L* Sorry, guys, I know I spelled it wrong before.



I hadn’t planned on Dawn thinking Spike was a ghost, but it came to me while writing this. Originally I was going to have Dawn do the spell herself to see if Spike was on earth.