Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a long time but i've been sick and away from the computer until now. I'm still sick so I don't know when I'll update again but I'll try my best!
Chapter 13: Getting Drunk


She stared around the club, her head spinning as she got up slowly walking to the dance floor. The alcohol did a pretty good job of making her forget what angel did, hell it did a pretty good job of making her forget who he was. But she still did, and at this point she was willing to do just about anything to forget, standing in the middle of the dance floor she began to sway seductively to the music that was playing.

A few guys moved to dance beside her and she smiled, it was good to know she could still dance good even when she was intoxicated beyond any point in her life. She raised her arms above her head and felt someone grab her around the waste, she liked having power over these guys but she hated it when they got grabby.

Turning around she frowned at the tall brunette guy who was currently smirking at her and pulling her closer. “ Ok buddy, I’m all for the dancing but you can’t go around just grabbing an unsuspecting girl.”

“ C’mon baby, you were asking for it. Dancing there with your tight little body just swaying like that.” He tightened his grip and pulled her closer.

Buffy tried pushing him of but it was no use, he was bigger and stronger then her. “ Get off!” She slurred stumbling away when he let go of her due to the arm that was currently on his shoulder.

“ I believe the lady told you to let go.”

Buffy smiled. “ Hi Willyum!” She grinned at Spike who released his hold on the other guy and was standing before him.

“ Don’t think so, got here first, and she doesn’t mind.” He walked over to Buffy and grabbed her roughly around the waist.

Buffy scowled at the guy. “ Yeah, I do!” She stomped on his foot and elbowed him in the ribs. Hard.

“ You bloody bitch!”

He raised his hand to hit her but Spike stepped in front of him. “ Wouldn’t do that if I were you mate.”

“ Is that so?” He brought his arm back and swung at Spike narrowly missing him as her moved out of the way and punch him in the stomach.

“ Go Spike!” Buffy cheered and stumbled to the floor. She then winced as the other guy hit Spike on the left eye effectively making him fall to the ground.

In one swift motion he was back up. With one last swing he knocked the guy out and walked out to her lifting her up by the waist. “You all right, pet?”

She paused contemplating her answer. “ Physically, yes.”

“ C’mon kitten.” He picked her up and took her to his car that was parked just outside the door. It wasn’t too hard to figure out where she had gone. Other then this place there wasn’t any decent bars around and she couldn’t have gone anywhere else but to Jenny’s and he was betting she would go there because she was obviously upset about something.

He set her down on the hood of the car before opening the passenger door and putting her in. Walking around to the other side he got in and started to drive.

***
Buffy giggled hysterically, stumbling through the door. If anything the effect of the alcohol had gotten even stronger. For the second time in two days she found herself in his private house. She walked over to the couch and plopped down.

Spike walked in after her and sat down staring at her carefully, wondering what had gotten her so worked up, enough to drink. He had a feeling though. “ Pet, what made you drink?”

She scrunched up her nose and had a look of disgust on her face. “ Angel, the big meanie.”

Spikes look quickly changed from concern to anger. He knew it, the big poof had done something to his girl. “ What did he do, luv?”

She pouted like a small child. “ Why should I tell you? You’re a guy too and guys are all bad.” She stuck up her nose defiantly.

“ Kitten, you need to tell me.”

She giggled. “ Are you gonna hit him too? Cuz, you know, he’d deserve that. I mean, you don’t just call of an engagement by dumping a girl and get away with it. Nope.”

He froze. What was she talking about. “ Buffy, luv, what are you talking about?”

“ We were engaged but he…do you have anything to drink?” She got up and stumbled towards the kitchen grabbing onto the island as she moved along. She opened a few cabinets before holding up a bottle of JD and grinning. “ Eur..urek...” She huffed, how did you say eureka again? “ Success!”

Spike walked into the kitchen and took the bottle from her setting it on a higher shelf. “ What were you saying before?”

She pouted and jumped up trying to reach the bottle, only managing to slip and fall. Luckily Spike caught her before she could hurt herself. “ You’re strong.” She wound her arms around his neck and buried her face in her shoulder. “ And you smell nice too. Aftershave and somethin else.”

Spike groaned as she stuck her hands in his front pockets. “ You’re going to have to stop that, kitten.”

Spike watched as she took her hands back and took a shaky step back, her bottom lip trembling. “ Don’t you like me?”

One look at those deep hazel eyes and he was done. Walking up to her he grabbed by the waist and pushed her closer to him. He leaned in closer to her ear. “ Course I like you. You’re a hell of a woman Buffy and if I had my way we wouldn’t be talking right now.” He whispered huskily.

Buffy pushed him up against the counter and kissed him hungrily. “ Then why talk?”

He pulled away and pushed some of her hair behind her ear. “ Pet, we can’t. You’re drunk, I’m not some git that would take advantage of you.”

“ I’m sober enough to know what we’re doing, it’s not taking advantage, and it’s not brain surgery. Simple as you want, you take.”

He picked her up in his arms and carried her up to the bedroom putting her down on the bed. “ You sure about this?”

“ Yeah.”
__________________________________
A/N:Ok, I'm thinking I might let you guys give me your opinion for what direction you'd like this to go to and I'll try my best to at least put in some of it in the next chapter!