Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so, here's the update. I have to say that this is probably one of my favourite chapters but theres still more to come even if I'm nearing the end of this fic. Please R&R and thanks for the wonderful reviews in the last chapter!!
Chapter 14: Morning After


Spike stared at her for a moment before cupping her cheek with the palm of his hand and bringing his mouth down on hers gently. He heard her moan softly and slipped his tongue into her mouth, running his hands down her sides. He stopped when he felt her hands go for the zipper of his pants. He stopped her hands and moved to sit beside her, slightly hunched as he ran his hand through his hair. “ I can’t, luv, not like this.”

She pouted and climbed farther onto the bed, leaning against the headboard she brought her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them. “ Fine. Guess Angel was right.”

Spike immediately frowned and went to sit beside her. “Pet, what happened between you two?” He knew it wasn’t right to pry when someone was this intoxicated and very likely to run their mouth about something they usually wouldn’t. But he had just done the right thing by not letting things get too far so he figured this was a lot less worse.

Buffy looked at him timidly before tucking stray hair behind one ear. “ We were high school sweethearts and as the story always goes we fell in love. Or so I thought.” She giggled remembering everything that had happened. How stupid she had been to believe all the sweet little nothings he had whispered in her ear. “ I was young and naïve, in some ways I still am. Anyway, he proposed and we got engaged. Now when I think about it he wasn’t all that enthusiastic about it. Probably figured we had been together long enough and he was expected to propose. Well I was at my wedding shower with my friends and decided to go back to our apartment early because I was tired.” She stopped and Spike could see tears in her eyes before she quickly wiped them away.

She looked up at him, vulnerability shining in her eyes. “ Could you just hold me?”

He nodded and scooted closer to her, he wrapped his arms around her as she laid down and put her head on his chest urging her to continue with a soft kiss to the top of her head.

“ I found him in bed with one of my best friends, and that’s not all. When I came back the next day to talk to him he told me it wasn’t the first time. He broke it off with me! But he made sure to tell me how insufficient I was before he said it was over.”

Spike sat there not moving a muscle. He had always disliked Angel, but what he did… Now he just had a pure hatred for the sad excuse of a man that was his cousin. “ Luv, you’re not insufficient. You’re absolutely…” He looked over at her. She was visibly more relaxed and her face looked so serene. “…perfect.” Just his luck for her to pass out before he got to say that. Taking the blanket from the corner of the bed he spread it over her and kissed her forehead.

***
Buffy stretched her arms over her head before quickly bringing them down to cover her head which was currently throbbing as it felt like there was a million little hammers hitting away at the inside. She opened her eyes and was grateful that the curtains were drawn and that there was a glass of water and some pills beside it. Swallowing them she got out of bed and made her way downstairs where she found Spike at the stove cooking. Well, wasn’t this a cute domestic picture. Sitting down at the kitchen island she ran a hand through her hopelessly messy hair.

“ Morning, pet.” Spike gave her a glass of orange juice and toast with bacon before sitting down across from her.

“ So uhm, I’m guessing I did something last night I should probably regret right about now?” She cupped the glass between her hands and looked at him timidly.

Spike chuckled. “ Get drunk often, pet?” Buffy glared at him before starting to get up.

Spike quickly stood and grabbed her hand. “ I didn’t mean it like that, luv.”

Her face softened and she sat back down. “ I just don’t like…”

“ How vulnerable alcohol makes you?” He tilted his head to the side and waited for her reaction.

“ Yeah. What did I say?…Oh god, what did I do?”

“ Don’t worry, we didn’t sleep together.” He decided not to give any specific details about that part of last night.

Buffy looked down at her hands confused. She was happy she hadn’t slept with him while she was drunk, but then why did she feel a little…disappointed?

“ We did kind of talk though. Well you mostly.” He watched as her head quickly shot up.

“ About what?” She asked cautiously.

This was it, he wasn’t going to lie, he was going to be straight about this subject. “ Angel.”

Buffy closed her eyes. Great, now he would definitely go running scared, he’d figure there was something wrong with her if she was dumped during an engagement and he’d think what Angel did was for a reason. Stupid, stupid alcohol… “ What did I say exactly?”

“ Pretty much everything. Buffy, why didn’t you tell me before?”

She sat there, just staring at him before she looked down at her hands. Did it matter now? “ I was scared, insecure. Figured no guy would want me after that.”

Spike stared at her bewildered. Did she really think that? Angel had really pulled a number on her. He walked around to her side and crouched down before her. He took her hands in his gently and kissed each one. “ Buffy, pet, look at me.”

She looked down hesitantly, afraid that she would see something she wouldn’t like in his eyes. “ I don’t care what that ponce says about you. You’re absolutely amazing, everything from the way you bite your lip when you’re concentrating or nervous to the way you always tuck your hair behind your ear. That idiot made a huge mistake in letting you go and I wouldn’t change anything about you. I don’t know if you’re ready to hear this yet but," He paused and took a deep breath. " I love you.”
_____________________________________
A/N:I know some of you did want them to sleep together but the majority did pretty much ask for none of it. Oh lol and look! Another cliffhanger. By the way guys, I started another fic 'Misconceptions' go check it out ^.^ Thanks for the reviews!!