Chapter 15: Hells Bells (Part 1)


Buffy sat there staring blankly at him. What was she going to do? A man, an incredibly sweet, caring man, had just told her that he loved her. And for the first time in her life she believed him.

“ Luv, this might be a good time to say something.” He looked at her nervously, maybe he shouldn’t have said anything. But he did love her, he loved everything about her, everything she was.

Buffy smiled. For once she was going to do something she hadn’t done in a long time, she was going to leave herself open for whatever came next. Winding her arms around his neck she fell into his arms giggling with happiness.

“ So I should take that as a good sign?” Spike asked cautiously, still a little shocked. He hadn’t expected her to react like that, he figured she would just run again.

She nodded crushing her mouth to his in a needy kiss. “ I’m not saying that I’m quite ready to say what you want to hear yet but I really want to start something with you and I’m ready to open myself to it completely.”

Spike grinned still holding her in his arms. “ That’s all I’m asking.” He lowered his mouth to hers in a gently kiss, his tongue slowly tracing the edge of her lips seeking entrance. She gladly complied tangling her fingers in his hair as theirs tongues mingled.

Pulling away Spike kissed the tip of her nose slowly carrying her to the door. “C’mon princess, we have a wedding to go to and your dress is back at the house.”

***
She smiled giddily slipping into her bridesmaid dress. She was actually still shocked she was even a bridesmaid. Somehow Emma had taken a liking to her ever since she’d gotten there. They had only talked a few times but somehow managed to connect on a level she had only known with Willow. Maybe not quite that level yet but close, and she had known Willow for quite a while now.

“ Buffy? Can I talk to you?”

Buffy turned from talking to Elen and Jenny and smiled at Emma. “ Sure, everything ok?” It was one of those rare moments where Spike was off with the guys playing football and talking leaving her to talk to the other woman. She actually liked it, she didn’t have this many friends, only a few close ones back home and it was a nice change from the usual. And Emma reminded her of Willow.

The long haired brunette just nodded smiling and pulled her gently away from the rest of the group into a room the looked like a small library. “ I know we haven’t known each other long. I mean, only a few days, but I feel like I can connect with you on a level that I haven’t connected with many people and I’d like you to be one of my bridesmaids. You know, if you want to that is. Because if you don’t that’s fine too…”

Buffy stared at her. Then un-like herself she started to laugh making Emma look at her curiously. “ Sorry, I’d love to. It’s just that, you sounded more like we’ve been dating then friends and I only know one other person who babbles like that.”

Emma giggled, her cheeks turning a light pink colour. “ I guess I did babble a little. And not to be rude, but your really not my type.” They both laughed before returning to the group.


“ Buffy. Are you ready? We need to start getting our shoes on to leave!”

She grinned, putting the finishing touches on her hair and makeup she looked herself over in the mirror. “ I’ll be right there!” She yelled back at him. She knew it sounded conceited, but if she didn’t knock him out with the way she looked in that dress she didn’t think it was possible.

Spike sighed looking at his watch. He really did love her but if she didn’t move her cute little behind out the door and into the car they would be late for the wedding. Ok, maybe he was twisting the facts a little, they wouldn’t be late but he still didn’t like waiting. And he definitely couldn’t wait to see Angel and beat him to a pulp. Chris’s wedding or not.

And then he looked up and saw her walking down the stairs. She was breathtaking. She was wearing a strapless silver dress that accented her curves, her hair was elegantly messy and she was…she was absolutely beautiful.

Buffy smirked, one hand on her hip. “ See something your like blondie?”

Walking up to her he grabbed her waist and pulled her in for a needy kiss. “ That about answer it?”

She looked at him as he pulled away, smiling. She hadn’t been this happy for a long time. “ It really does.”

He took a deep breath. If they kept doing this they would never get to the wedding. “ C’mon, pet. We better leave.”

***

Stepping out of the car she looked in awe at the quaint secluded spot. The church wasn’t overly large but it was beautiful. It was surrounded on each side by trees and she could see a small courtyard in the back where she expected that the reception would be held afterwards. convenient. she thought.

She smiled at Spike as he joined her and gave her a small peck on the lips. “ You look gorgeous.”

She beamed. “ Don’t look so bad yourself. Unfortunately I have a bride to tend to.” Wit ha little seductive wink she made her way down the path towards the church doors.

Spike stood there in awe. “ Minx.”

Walking through the church entrance she soon realized the it was a lot more complex then it looked from the outside. The main doors did not directly lead to the main church where the ceremony would take place but rather to a small area that separated into two separate paths. In front of her was a small elegant table with a vase full of white lilies, also her favourite flower.

Walking a little ways forward she gazed at the ‘fork in the road’ as it would usually be called and decided to take the simpler looking one seeing as how the other had lots of other smaller corridors. I’ll take door number 2 Bob. She thought sarcastically.

Lifting her skirt so that she didn’t trip on it and fall on her face she walked through the quiet hallway and stared at the different pictures of weddings that had been held here, all framed and put on either side of the wall like a small tribute. If Buffy had been claustrophobic she definitely wouldn’t have survived these hallways, they were very small. As she turned a corner she realized must have lead to the grooms dressing room she bumped into someone. Unfortunately.

“ Angel.”
________________________________-
A/N:This update has been long time comming, and I just want to let you know that I am still planning on finnishing the story and I think im finally ready to continue! Thanks so much for the support guys, please continue to review! If you're curious on how Buffy looks in this chapter click HERE