Chapter 18: Trouble In Paradise

Feeling a hand on his back he smiled. He knew she would find him. "Buf..." He trailed off as he turned around and saw who it actually was. " Dru."

The raven-haired girl just gave him a small smile, trailing her hand down his shoulder. “ Mummy missed her dark prince.” She frowned slightly when he took two steps back before the smile came back to her face.

“ What are you doing here Drusilla.”

She giggled crazily. “ No need for formalities my Spike. I was invited just like you.” She paused for a second looking back towards the church as if she was seeing someone. “ I see you have brought a little ball of sunshine with you. What a shame, but the pixies whisper to me. You’ll never love her like you loved me, like you loved your dark princess.” She walked up to him once again putting both her hands flat against his chest and looking into his eyes as if she was trying to hypnotize him.

“ We’re over Dru, we have been since you bleedin decided to up and leave me for the poofter, which by the way, I see you didn’t arrive together, trouble in paradise?” He continued to frown not bothering to back away knowing she would only follow.

Drusilla clucked her tongue as if scorning a small child, pointing her finger at him. “ We are not ere’ to talk about my precious daddy. Your little sunshine will see you, miss Edith scorns you. She’s to good for you, to bright. She’ll burn you.” She swayed on the spot closing her eyes and humming a soft tune.

He was becoming angrier by the second, how dare she come back and bring up the past and then act like nothing happened, he was with Buffy. He briefly smiled as he thought about the gorgeous girl who he had stumbled upon. God, how would he have ended up in life without her? He couldn’t even imagine it, he didn’t want to. He’d have to make sure to get Anya something for telling him her name and floor. “ I’ve got a girl to fine Dru.”

He was about to walk away when her eyes snapped open and she pushed him back to where he had been standing and scowled at him. She brought her fisted hands to her temples and started to stomp her feet like a child having a tantrum. “ NO! No, no, no, no, no! You don’t belong in the sunshine!” She started to hit is chest trying to claw at the fabric, he grabbed her hands to make her cease her attack.

Her mood suddenly changed back to the calm smiling one it had been minutes before as she approached him, like a lion approaching its prey. “ You belong in the dark,” She pressed herself to him. “ with me.”

He was trapped. There was a hedge to his left and a large hedge behind him. Suddenly she started to lean upwards, he barely had a chance to react.

***
Buffy ran down the hall to the bride’s dressing room once again, stopping at the door to catch her breath. “ Buffy are you all right?” Emma approached her with a worried expression on her face. She had seen the blonde girl only moments before when she looked perfectly fine and now she was standing in the doorway gasping for air and looking really scared. She had come to think of the girl very fondly.

“ No, I can’t really explain the whole thing. I just need to get home, my mom, she’s not well. I’m sorry I won’t be able to stay for the wedding.”

Emma gave her a large hug. “ Don’t worry sweets. Go to your mum, have you found Spike yet?”

Buffy shook her head. Everything was so overwhelming she just wanted to break down instead of running around, but she couldn’t she had to find Spike and then go to her mom. This wasn’t the time for a nervous breakdown, she had to be calm. “ I was on my way to see if he was in the garden, I just wanted to let you know what was going on before I left.”

The bride gave her and understanding nod and gave her a slight push in the direction of the courtyard. “ Go.” She spoke softly giving her one last gentle smile.

Buffy gave her the best grateful smile she could manage under the circumstanced before picking up her dress so she didn’t trip over it and started to run again. Finding the door she got her cell phone out so she could book a flight after talking to Spike. Right now it seemed like everything was crashing and burning around her and it seemed like Spike and Willow (at least when she got back) were the only people that were keeping her grounded. Opening the door she stopped standing perfectly still, her only movement was the hand that flew to her mouth from shock and hurt.

She watched as some black haired girl leaned up and kissed him. The cell phone dropped from her hand during the kiss and landed on the cobble stone path breaking instantly. Tears welled up in her eyes and she turned and did the only thing she could.

She ran.

***
Spike Pulled away from Drusilla as fast as he could given that she was holding on to him so tight he had to struggle a bit. He was about to tell her to go to hell when a movement from the door caught his attention and he saw the unmistakable form of Buffy running from the courtyard, her cell phone broken on the ground.

“ Oh shit.” His was not good, everything had been going perfect until Dru had come along and fucked
everything up. Now Buffy probably thought….

He gave the other girl a scathing look. “ Stay the hell away from us.” With that he pushed her farther away and ran after his girl.
_________________________________