Chapter 19: Running away

Buffy ran like the devil itself was on her heels. How could he? How could he have done that to her? After everything that happened, everything that he had said… It had all been lies. She wiped furiously at her tears and ran past Emma’s room, ignoring her shouts. Reaching the front door she got into the cab she had called earlier. She had assumed she’d be going alone so that he could still be at the wedding so she didn’t want him to drive her to the air port and back. Good thing she had thought about that.

“ Airport.” She gasped telling the driver where she wanted to go. She wiped at more tears as she saw Spike run out of the church and run a little after the cab before stopping.

“ Should I stop?” The driver asked her looking into the rear view mirror.

She shook her head sniffling. “ No.”

***
From the second he had seen her in the back when Dru was there he had been running as fast as was humanly possibly. How was it that things like this happened to him at the worst possibly moments? He felt absolutely horrible, he could only imagine how she felt.

“ Spike!”

He drew to a halt right in front of Emma and some of the other woman. “ I don’t have time to talk.”

She grabbed his arm effectively stopping Spike from going anywhere. “ What happened to Buffy. She ran out of here like a bat out of hell. She had mascara streaks running down her face from crying and she didn’t stop when I called to her. She was a mess.”

Spike ran his fingers through his now tangled hair. How the hell was he going to make this up to her? “ She…” He sighed. “ She walked in while Dru came on to me and got the wrong impression.”

Emma’s eyes darkened. “ If I had known that she was going to do something like this I wouldn’t have invited her to the wedding.”

Spike just nodded. “ I need to find her though.” With that he watched as they nodded in acceptance and ran in the direction of the front of the church. Once he got to the front he looked around spotting a cab that was now pulling away. He started to run after it waving his arms. He was to late. She wasn’t going to stop the cab.

***
Buffy sighed deeply. She had got the crying under control, not the pain though. She wouldn’t get over that kind of pain anytime soon, if ever. “ Thanks.” The woman smiled at her as she took the ticket from Buffy’s hand and motioned for her to go in and find her seat. “ Have a nice flight.”

She looked at the narrow passage leading to the plane. Yeah, right. She was going to have the best flight ever. What, with remembering what happened on the trip and how they grew closer, and oh! Especially when she saw him sucking face with some girl, some girl that wasn’t her.

She quickly wiped at a few stray tears that made their way down her cheek. She gave a little choked laugh, god she was so naïve. Finally making it to the plane entrance she gave the stewardess that led her to her seat a weak smile thanking her. At least she had the window seat so she wouldn’t have to look at anyone during the flight. Why did most guys turn out to be the same? Her father, Riley, Angel, and now Spike. As it turned out the only guy she could count on was Xander, her and Willows mutual friend and Anya’s boyfriend.

She turned to her left when she realized someone was sitting down beside her. A Tall, lean, brunette guy finished putting his luggage away and sat down smiling at her. “ Hi, I’m Colin.” His deep hazel eyes sparkled when he looked at her and she couldn’t help smile back despite the fact that he currently belonged to the male populous which she despised.

“ I’m Buffy.” She shook his hand firmly still smiling lightly.

***
Spike Frowned slamming his cell phone shut. It had been and hour since Buffy had ran away and he had yet to find her. He had checked everywhere, the house thinking she’d get her clothes, which he found she had left behind in her rush to get away from him. Then he had checked his getaway home, he had even called all of the hotels in town not to mention the bed and breakfasts just to make sure. She wasn’t anywhere.

Now he was at his wits end. Calling the airport was the only choice he had left. So after being put on hold, (not for long after they found out his name of course) he was talking to some kind of manager or something.

“ Look sir, as much as you need to know this information I can’t disclose weather a..” There was a brief pause as she looked at the name. “..Elizabeth Summers recently purchased a ticket.”

He frowned rubbing his temple and clenching his jaw. He closed his eyes, usually he didn’t like to pull this trick but he had no choice. Normally he would just hop on his plane and go back to L.A searching for her there but he wasn’t sure weather she went somewhere he wouldn’t know about instead of L.A. He needed to know. “ Do you realize who I am?! If I want to know if a bloody person purchased a ticket and where to I’ll find out! You know I could have you bloody well fired!?” There was silence on the other end of the line. Obviously she had been notified who was on the line, she had put up a good fight but he couldn’t help but smile when he realized she was giving in.

“ One Elizabeth Summers Purchased a ticket to Sunnydale California an hour and 7 minutes ago according to the computers. The flight should be there in a another hour or so.”

“ Thanks.” With that he turned his phone off and sighed. So his hunch was right, she hadn’t gone back to L.A. She was in Sunnydale. All he knew about it was that it was a small town outside of L.A. He had no clue why she’d go there, but he was going to find out.
_____________________________
A/N:Thanks for all the reviews I've been getting even though there was huge gap in between and even now they're slow. You guys have no idea how much that means to me! I am currently working on the next chapter so I promise it will be up either by tomorrow or the day after. Thanks again guys! :)