Chapter 20: Never Again

“ So how come you’re in what seems to be a brides made dress?” Colin asked curiously arching his eyebrows.

She liked him. She could tell he was a sweet guy and usually she wasn’t the best judge of character, look at her now, but she just knew this guy was different. Kind of like Xander in the sense she felt she could trust him without even knowing him.

She looked down at herself and realized for the first time since leaving the church that she was still wearing her dress. Great. And she had no other clothes either, she just had to leave them behind because of the situation. “ I kind of ran out before the wedding started.”

He smiled getting the hint that she didn’t want to talk about it. “ At least people can’t look at you and say you look like hell.”

She giggled. “ Thanks. So, where are you going?”

“ Sunnydale California, you?” He had to smile widely at the way her eyes lit up at that, she seemed like a really nice girl.

“ Me to!” She looked out the window at the other planes that were just starting to board passengers. “ I actually live in L.A, but my mom got sick and she’s in the hospital right now. I’m going there to see her right now.”

“ I hope she gets better. Wouldn’t want such a pretty girl to be worried, actually wouldn’t want anyone to be worried about their mother like that.” She watched as he gave her a shy smile. It was incredibly endearing.

She fastened her seatbelt as the captain said that they would be taking off in minutes time before looking out the window smiling for what seemed to be the tenth time since she had met Colin. She had a feeling she would like getting to know him.

***
Buffy smiled as she exited the terminal with Colin right beside her. She gave him a small smile as he grabbed his luggage. “ So, I guess this is where we part ways huh?”

“ Yup.” He watched as she drew out a modest hand and smiled shaking it. “ It was nice knowing You Elizabeth Summers.”

She looked down shyly. “ Likewise.”

The brunette watched as she started to walk away. There was something about this girl that just refused to let him just say goodbye to her. “ You know, I wouldn’t mind sharing a cab.” He yelled after her.

Buffy grinned spinning around. “ Yeah, I’d like that.”

As they made their way outside she couldn’t help but wonder why this guy seemed to want her to stick around while most of the other guys she always met felt so intimidated they didn’t like her from the start. That or she just didn’t have enough…Harmony in her to be liked.

She smiled as he opened the door for her as the cab pulled up. “ Thanks.”

“ Where to?” The driver roughly asked.

She glanced at him wondering weather she should choose her destination or if he would. “ Sunnydale Memorial.” She glanced at him unsure. “ Is that ok?”

He just nodded. “ Perfect. I have someone to see in the hospital too.”

***
Spike slammed his cell phone shut angrily. How bloody hard could it be to find one girl in such a sodding small town when you had her first and last name?! It was proving to be a lot harder then he had anticipated. He’d finally gotten there and was off the plane wondering where to start. Phoning places had proved to be no help for the second time now.

With a sigh he told his driver to take him to the nearest hotel. There was no way he was going to find her right now and he couldn’t risk phoning Emma now to see if Buffy had said anything to her because chances were that the wedding had already started. Couldn’t risk ruining her big day because of an idiot mistake he had made.

Getting out of the cab he gave the driver the money and stepped into the average looking hotel. After all, this was no L.A. Not that he was going to complain, the only thing he cared about right now was finding Buffy, he could have been sleeping in a dingy rat infested place for all he cared.

Walking up to the front desk he checked himself in ignoring the flirtatious comments and looks that the girl behind the counter sent him. Grabbing the card he sighed and began to search for his room. Glancing down at his watch he frowned, it was eight in the evening which meant he’d have to continue his search for his girl tomorrow.

***
Buffy walked up to the front desk and waited until she had the woman’s attention before speaking. “ What room is Joyce Summers located in?”

The woman gave an exasperated sigh. “ Not again.” She mumbled. She had worked a double shift and was no becoming very tired and cranky and here she had to deal with yet another girl who wanted to see someone which a girl only hours before had gave her a hard time about.

“ Excuse me?” Buffy scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion.

“ Friend or family?” The woman said for what seemed the hundredth time today.

“ Family. I’m her daughter, Elizabeth Summers.”

Clara sighed happily. Thank heavens she wouldn’t have any problems with this one. “ Room 146 on the third floor.”

“ Thanks.” Going to the elevators she got in and pressed the button for the third floor watching as it lit up. God she hated hospitals. She had split up with Colin when she had gotten here because he had someone to see too. Hopefully everything was ok and her mom was feeling all right. She was still kicking herself for not being here.

When the doors opened Buffy rushed in the direction where to room numbers went up and found the room. Taking a deep breath she walked in.

“ Buffy!” Two voices cried out in surprise at the same time.

She smiled widely as Willow quickly enveloped her in a big hug. “ Told you I’d be here.”

Willow pulled away and sat down beside Buffy who gave Joyce a large hug and sat down still holding her hand.

“ Mom I’m so sorry I wasn’t here sooner.”

Joyce just patted her daughters hand lovingly. “ Don’t worry dear. Willow was great company, she told me that you were on a business trip.”

Buffy winced slightly, happy that her mother didn’t notice. Unfortunately Willow had and she had to give her a sideways glanced that meant she’d explain later.

A business trip. The truth was brutal, it had just been a sick game and now it was over. Never again would Buffy Summers open up to another man.
_____________________________

A/N:So here's the promised update. I'd like to thank those who review and continue to read this story, you guys are awesome! Sorry about the jumping around in this chapter but next one will be better, I promise :)