Author's Chapter Notes:
I decided to update again during the weekend because when I started writing my muse was being really nice to me :) Also this is only the first part of their night out there's more but I just wanted to save some to keep you in suspense *evil cackle* lol. Also I'm adding names to each chapter instead of just numbers ;)
Chapter 7: Cotton candy and sweet treats (part 1)


Buffy realized it was well into the late afternoon, almost early evening and she was still waiting for someone to tell her where they were going. She had just been told to put on something she could walk around in comfortably and nothing too fancy.

So now she had slipped into a simple black top that tied around her neck and back, low cut jeans and black runners.

She had yet to meet Giles and Matthew who had decided to stay near the airport yesterday because they found that Nick and Sarah were coming early and there was no sense in coming home just to go back yet again to pick them up.

Buffy put a little bit of lip gloss on before she gave herself a once over in the mirror, slipped through the door and bounced down the stairs like she used to at her own house.

“So, when are we leaving?” She snuck up on Spike and spoke right into his left ear, smiling. She was really giddy. Sure, this was just temporary and all but she had a borrowed family and she was planning on taking full advantage of it. Not everyday you got to be in a house full of people that welcomed you and treated you like you’d always been part of the family. And she had a feeling tonight was going to be fun.

Spike turned around already having his answer half way out of his mouth, but then he saw her, and the words just vanished into thin air. She was absolutely breathtaking. She looked amazing in black and the way her hair fell around her shoulders in soft waves was like silk moulded by ethereal beings. She was an angel.

“William?” She tipped her head to the side and smiled waiting for an answer.

Spike brushed a hair behind her ear. “You look beautiful, pet. We’re leaving as soon as Giles gets here.”

Buffy blushed, ducking her face behind her hair before she heard a knock on the door and the sound of people welcoming others in like they had when she had gotten here. She watched as everyone walked into the living room and spotted four familiar faces.

Spike walked up to the older looking man who was wearing glasses. He looked friendly, with his greying hair and inviting grin. “Uncle Rupe’s!”

“I’ve told you not to call me that,” The older man said, laughing but hugging his nephew nonetheless.

The man Buffy now knew was Giles looked at her and smiled warmly. “ I believe we haven’t been properly introduced yet, have we?”

She walked over laughing a little when he took her hand and gently kissed the back. “I’m Rupert Giles. And you must be Buffy!”

Buffy nodded. “Pleasure to finally meet you.”

“Likewise. This is Matthew, Nick and his wife Sarah, and this is Connor, their son.” Giles pointed out everyone while the rest of the family chatted excitedly around them. The kids however, were especially hyper. Seemed like even they knew something exciting was happening tonight.

At the same time she had noticed this she had managed to shake everyone’s hand, then she noticed Connor staring at her a little longer than the others but shook it off. He seemed like the strong silent type, kind of reminded her of Oz, Willow’s boyfriend. She’d have to think of hooking him up with Dawn, one of her younger friends.

Dawn was now a senior in high school. The two of them had met through their respective parents, Joyce was a co-owner of the Gallery with Dawn’s mother before Buffy’s mom had bought the whole place from them. Connor was definitely her type.

“We should get going now if we want to stay there long enough before the kids get tired,” Elen said, smiling at everyone before they all headed out the door to the cars.

***
Buffy got out of the car and looked at the scene before her with awe and amazement. It was a fair, and it had everything people thought of when they heard of one. Mary-Go-Rounds, a Ferris wheel, stands where you could win prizes, and a mini rollercoaster. It was like a place where her mom had taken her and Willow once when they were small, one of those small town fairs.

“Ready to go pet?” She just turned to look at him with a wide grin covering her face before nodding eagerly.

They joined the rest of his family and proceeded inside, everyone smiling while the kids ran ahead earning yells from their mothers of ‘be careful!’ and ‘slow down!’ while the others laughed.

“So how about you men win us some prizes and show how manly you are,” Emma said sarcastically, not noticing the looks the men were giving each other before walking over to some of the game stands.

“Oh dear god, look at what you’ve done,” Jenny said, rolling her eyes and laughing along.

Spike grinned, catching Buffy’s hand and pulling her to one of the stands. “C’mon, kitten.”

She folded her arms and raised her eyebrows, she had to admit she was having fun. “What, is Spikey going to win me a teddy bear?”

He looked at her, feigning hurt. “Do you doubt my ability at…” He paused and looked at the game. “The game you bloody Americans call basketball?”

“Are you making fun of me and the sports we play?”

“What if I am, Goldilocks?” He smirked at the look on her face.

“Fine.” She picked up one of the orange balls and threw it at him. “Let’s see how you do in one of our ‘bloody American games’,” she mocked, arms still crossed.

“Ok then, luv.” He aimed the first ball and threw it at the basket smiling before it hit the rim and bounced to the ground.

Buffy giggled and held her tongue as he scowled and threw the next one which nearly went in, but unfortunately for him, didn’t. She heard him mumble something under his breath before trying with the last two balls and missing. By the end of the game his face was red and he looked annoyed and frustrated. “Those bloody things are rigged.”

Buffy just smirked at him, putting down a five dollar bill and throwing the balls one at a time getting all four through the top hoop successfully. She picked out the huge brown teddy bear and handed it to Spike. “You were saying?”

He just stared at her bewildered and embarrassed. “Don’t feel bad,” Wesley said, patting Spike on the back before walking off in laughter, earning a dirty look from Spike and a laugh from Buffy.

“Come on champ, let’s go on the rollercoaster.” He just pouted like a large child and went with her, getting on the ride.

Buffy froze up remembering the last time she went on one of these things as they started to go up a hill. Whose idea was this again? Oh, right, hers. “I, uhm… Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.”

“Aww, you’re not scared are you, luv?” he teased.

“ I… uh, maybe I…” She didn’t have time to answer as they started to go down on the other side of the hill and she screamed, clinging to Spike.

How did she manage to always get herself into these situations?

Flashback

“Mummy, can me and Willow go on the big ride?” Ten year old Buffy asked her mother with her newly won stuffie (which she had lovingly named Mr. Gordo) hanging from her left hand.

“You mean the rollercoaster?” Joyce said, looking sceptically from her daughter’s bobbing head to the large ride before she sighed. She promised, any ride they wanted today… “ Ok, dear. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

The small Buffy grinned, hugging her mom before grabbing the redhead’s hand and running for the ride. “This is going to be so much fun!” Buffy grinned as they sat waiting for the first downfall.

“You sure about this Buffy?” Willow said, looking at her friend, obviously a little freaked out.

“Of course I am Wills!” She grinned…before they started to go down and she screamed her head off.

***
Both girls got off at the end of the ride. Joyce looked at them, surprised neither had thrown up.

“That was great! Can we do it again?” Willow said, grinning.

Buffy’s eyes went wide before she went to the nearest trash can to throw up.

‘Thought too soon.’ Joyce shook her head, pulling Buffy’s hair back.

End Flashback

Looks like history had repeated itself. Buffy got off the ride stumbling as she clung to Spike for support. “You ok, pet?”

Buffy just nodded numbly before letting go and stumbling again before Spike caught her. “I’m fine. I just forgot what happened the last time I went on one of those.” She took a deep breath and sat down on a nearby bench.

“Oh, what happened?”

“I don’t want to talk about it. Let’s just say it wasn’t a pretty sight.”

Spike chuckled, kissing her hand. “K’ pet. Let’s get a bite to eat.”

Buffy nodded, smiling. “Good idea, I feel kind of empty after that.”
____________________________________
A/N:Well, like I said I'm naming all the chapters. Please R&R and thanks for all the reviews!