Author's Chapter Notes:
I am REALLY sorry that I haven't updated in so long but there's really nothing I can do about school >.> I hope I didn't lose and of you guys that are reading and I hope you like this chapter. ~Joey~
Chapter 8: Cotton candy and sweet treats (part 2)


Buffy grinned as she took a large bite out of the slice of pizza. And then she noticed Spike staring at her and paused looking at him sheepishly. “ What?”

“ Apparently you were a lot more ‘empty’ then I had anticipated.” He chuckled at the look on her face.

“ But it’s only my…”

“ Third and a half piece of pizza.”

She ducked her head and put the piece down. “ You’re right. I shouldn’t eat this much. I could get fat after all.” She giggled.

He frowned. “ That’s not what I mean, luv. I was jus’ joking around.”

She nodded smiling as they both got up and walked over to the rest of his family. She watched curiously as Ariana stood in front of the carrousel just watching the other kids laugh excitedly on it as it went around in circles.

Walking up to her Buffy crouched down and turned to the small girl. “ Did you want to go on the ride?” She watched the shy girl nod. “ So why aren’t you on it?”

Ariana leaned up to her ear trying to make sure no one else heard. “ I’m scared that I’ll fall off.” She said in a small voice before looking down and shuffling her feet, looking ashamed.

Buffy smiled. “ Would you like me to go with you?” She knew that was the right thing to say when the short brunette girl smiled and nodded vigorously.

She took her by the hand and lead her over to the small gate surrounding the carrousel and was about to go through when one of the guys in charge of the ride stopped her. “ Sorry lady, only 4-12 years of age.”

She frowned looking at the worried look on Ariana’s face. Turning her voice to a whisper she took out her wallet from her purse. “ Look, she’s not willing to go on the ride alone. Can you please make and exception just this once?” She turned on her Summer’s charm and pouted.

The guy just sighed nodding for her to go ahead. Buffy thankfully handed him the fee and went towards one of the black horses. She didn’t know what it was, but something about this girl spoke to her. Maybe it was because she was reminded of how she used to be when she was little.

***
Spike paused talking with Chris and looked at Ariana and his girl one the carrousel laughing. Wait, his girl? Since when was Buffy his girl? Not that he didn’t want her to be, he was starting to feel more and more drawn to her, but he was afraid that he’d scare her off. She was scared of getting into a relationship with anyone and he knew that, and then there was the whole job issue, he was her boss. He didn’t want people talking if they did get into a relationship.

“ Spike?..Spike? William!” Spike had been so deep in thought that he hadn’t even noticed Chris had been talking to him.

“ Yeah, what?”

Chris paused. “ So when are you going to ask?”

Spike frowned. “ Ask who what?”

Chris just shook his head like Spike was acting dumb. “ Buffy to marry you.”

Spikes eyes went wide. Why the hell did his cousin think that he was going to ask Buffy to marry him?! They barely knew each other, well; at least him and Buffy knew that. “ What gives you the idea that I’m going to ask?”

“ The way you look at her. It’s like she’s the only thing that matters and there’s nothing else around, it’s the same way I look at Emma.”

Spike looked down then back to Buffy who looked over to him still laughing with her blonde hair swaying from the slight breeze and waved.

“ Bloody hell.”

***
Buffy licked the remains of the cotton candy of her lips and stared at the ground below. Ever since she was little the Ferris wheel had been her favourite ride at the fare. It was the one place she could get away from everyone and everything, it was peaceful and quiet up top and she loved to stare down at the people below. It was even better at night with the stars out.

“ Having a good time, kitten?”

Buffy turned to look at Spike and nodded. “ Yeah, I haven’t been at a carnival or fare since I was little. My mom never had the time when she took on her job at the gallery full time.”

A comfortable silence broke out as they neared the top and stopped. “ Thank you.”

Buffy looked at him questioningly. “ For what?”

“ For acting like you don’t hate me in front of my family.”

Buffy looked at her hands. “ Oh. Your family is amazing; wish I had a family that big when I was growing up. It was only me and my mom pretty much.” She looked into his eyes before she continued. “ And I don’t hate you.”

They sat there, once again in comfortable silence before Spike started to lean towards her. She knew he was going to try and kiss her, and she just about let him but instead turned her head away just before his lips met hers. And god did she want them to, but she couldn’t, it wasn’t right. He was her boss and she wasn’t going to just lead him on, making him think that something could happen between them, because it wasn’t going to. Even if a small part of her wanted it to.

“ We should, uh, probably get back.” She said avoiding his eyes; afraid he would be angry, or even worse, hurt.

Spike sat there for a few minutes just staring at her and contemplating on what had just happened. He knew she might do that but it still hurt. He sat back and looked at the ground below. “ Yeah, you’re probably right.”
________________________________

A/N: *ducks from blunt objects* Once again I am really sorry that I haven’t updated sooner but I’ve been working on my site and some other graphics. And right now I have 3 sites that I’m keeping up, two of which are all html coding. Also, I know they didn’t kiss and don’t be mad lol but it wasn’t the right time yet. Remember, there’s a master plot ^.^