Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, new update. this one isn't betae'd however because I was to impatient to post it, I'll read it afterwards when my beta sends it back.
Chapter 9: Revelations and unwanted guests


Buffy got out of the car and slowly made her way towards the house, she was really confused and tired and the tension between her and Spike was like a thick fog. Walking into the house and not looking back, she took out her cell phone and made her way out back sitting in a comfy lawn chair.

She let out a deep sigh before dialling the familiar number that was programmed in her brain, she needed to hear a comforting voice right now.

“ Hello?”

“ Hi Wills. I’ve really missed you! Sorry I haven’t called until now, it’s really different, it’s like his family has a whole little world of their own.” She smiled at the squeal on the other end of the phone. ‘Looks like Willow is happy to hear from me’

“ Buffy! Oh my goddess, I’ve missed you so much! You have no idea how lonely it is here now that you’re not around.” The red head sat down on her sofa and smiled to herself.

“ Yeah, the loneliness must be unbearable. I mean with Xander and Oz around, how will you ever survive?” Buffy said sarcastically giggling.

“ Oh pft. Xander is a wonderful friend and Oz is an amazing fiancé but they aren’t girls! You can’t talk with them about how hot Orlando Bloom is.” Willow laughed debating on how she would tell her friend the news, maybe it was best to just leave them for a ‘face to face’ talk.

“ That’s true.” She stared up at the stars, she was already feeling better.

“ So how had it been in England?”

Buffy let out a long deep breath. “ Well, nothing short of exiting, that’s got sure. Willow you would love it here! He has this whole huge family and they’re all so nice. And the house and scenery is just amazing. But…” She pulled her knee’s up to her chest and bit her lip.

“ But what? Buffy come on, we both know you can't keep secrets.”

“ We almost kissed.”

Unbeknown to her, her best friend was doing the snoopy dance and trying as hard as she could not to start yelling at her friend to give her all the details like they used to in high school. “ What do you mean you almost kissed?”

Buffy twirled her hair around her finger. “ Well…I kind of stopped it before it could happen. Willow, I’m not ready to be in a relationship yet after what Angel did, and he’s my boss! And he is extremely smug even if it is kind of sexy but that’s besides the point, and he can’t be trusted yet, even if he is totally sweet on the inside and…”

“ Sweetie breathe!” Buffy sighed and relaxed a bit. “ You were rambling, you always used to do that when you liked a guy or were nervous. In some cases both. All I can tell you is to do what you think is right. If you don’t want to get into anything, as much as I want you to, you don’t have to.”

“ Thanks Wills. How’s mom doing?”

Willow paused for a second. “ She’s doing ok. Hospital still wants to keep her for a while longer. And she misses you.”

“ I’ll phone her soon. For now tell her I love her and I miss her would you?”

The redhead nodded before remembering she was on the phone. “ Yeah, I will. Bye Buffy.”

“ Bye Will’s.”

Buffy clicked her phone off and stared up at the night sky. Why did things always have to be this confusing?

***
Buffy made her way upstairs suddenly getting tense again. Great, now she would feel all weird around him, just what she needed. She entered the room and noticed the shower was running and took her suitcase looking through it.

‘ Oh god…’ “ Oh dear god.” She ran her hand through her hair and hit her head against the wall.

“ S’ there a reason you want to be sporting a bruise on your forehead tomorrow?” She spun around to reply but her mouth went agape instead. Spike was standing in the middle of the room in nothing but a towel around his waist. She had a perfect view of his lean arms and sculpted abs, and his messy blonde hair in curls. She was in heaven.

“ I uhm, I kind of forgot to pack my pyjama’s in a rush. So now, I kind of have nothing to sleep in.” She hadn’t had to worry about that before since she had passed out on the couch and slept in her clothes the night before. Now was a different story however.

“ I could go ask Jenny if she has anything.”

“ Thanks.” Buffy mumbled looking down embarrassed.

As he walked out of the room Buffy sat down on the bed closing her suitcase and trying to get over how tense the room seemed when they were together. Maybe she should have just let the kiss happen, but then she might have regretted it and told him that. And for some reason, being this tense was a lot more appealing then hurting him.

“ Here, it’s the only thing she has right now.” Buffy opened her eyes and looked at the small garment that Spike was holding.

It was a little black silk number with two straps on either side and looked like it ended right at her thighs. And she though it was going to be tense before… “ Are you sure it’s all she has?” She squeaked in a small voice.

Spike sighed putting the lingerie down. “ Look, I’m not going to try anything. You didn’t want to kiss tonight then I understand, but don’t think that I’m going to try something if you don’t want me to.” With that he walked back into the washroom.

“ Who said I didn’t wabt you to?” She sighed pulling the covers over herself before falling asleep.

***
Buffy woke up feeling a warm body next to her. She snuggled closer feeling his arm tighten around her. She smiled still not having opened her eyes, not wanting the bright sunlight coming through the window to hurt them.

“ Good morning.” She sighed happily, feeling her arms up his chest so she could ultimately find his neck and pull him down to her. Covering his lips with hers she waited for him to respond, obviously she had awoken first. Internally grinning as he responded Buffy begged for entrance to his mouth and moaned when he forced his way into hers instead.

And then reality hit her and she stopped. Opening her eyes slowly she stared into the blue ones that were currently burning with desire. She quickly sat up in bed before covering her mouth with one hand and closing her eyes.

Spike just watched her for a few seconds before putting a hand on her shoulder to try to get some kind of reaction. It worked.

Buffy jumped out of bed, her eyes filled with tears. “ God, I’m so sorry, I thought…I… I’m just so used to waking up and having someone there…” She grabbed her clothes and ran out of the room to the washroom leaving a confused Spike behind.

She wiped away the tears that had started falling and put on her clothes, applying makeup to cover the puffy eyes. How could she be so stupid? She was so used to waking up and having him around that she had came on to Spike. And now she looked like a total idiot, probably hurt him…again!

She opened the door and made her way downstairs, unfortunately Spike was waiting at the bottom of the stairs. With the ‘we need to talk’ face. She quickly looked away and continued walking.

“ Buffy, we need to talk.”

‘ See, there you go. Just like I predicted.’ “ I can’t, I didn’t…look, I’m sorry.”

“ Don’t’ say that!”

Buffy started to walk away but felt Spike grab her arm and turn her around. “ Look, it may have been an accident as you put it, but you can’t damn well say you didn’t feel anything!”

“ I…” What could she say?

“ Surprise!” Came a loud voice as the front door was thrust open and the newest arrival walked in.

Buffy stared at him in shock not believing her eyes. “ Angel?”
______________________________

A/N:: DUN DUN DUN! *lol* I've been waiting to say that. Anyway, review and ill get typing the next chapter faster!