The next two days went by slowly for Buffy. Her every thought was consumed by Spike and his smiling face. Buffy often caught herself smiling to herself in the strangest places including quiet dinners, sad moments in dramatic movies, and even when she was with Angel.

Monday night’s driving class was the best one Buffy could remember in a long time. She felt relaxed and wasn’t conscious about how she acted to Spike. Everything was smooth and natural when she was around him now. She could now feel the glow that Willow was talking about, and she now felt truly happy.

The next morning, she started to feel akward around Angel, but she quickly dismissed the thoughts from her mind as she continued her life with him.

Buffy climbed out of the car and grabbed her bag. She didn’t wait for Angel to lock the car as she bounced to the door and was confronted by Anya and Oz.

“Hey guys,” she squeaked out. “I see that you made it on time this morning, Oz. Did your band not play last night?”

Anya frantically tried to wave warnings to Buffy not to bring up the topic. Buffy caught the warning as she arched her eyebrows, but she was too late. Oz furiously threw open the door to the school.

“No! We got replaced by some wanna be band called The Bloodsuckers. I know it’s not like we got replaced on a Friday night, but it still could be as bad. This new band will start replacing the little bands like The Bringers and The Trioka. This new band has potential. They will start taking out the weaklings, and we could eventually get replaced permanately…”

Oz kept rambling on as Anya gave Buffy an apologetic smile. “It will be okay, Oz,” Buffy comforted warm and softly. Things will get better. You’ll see.” Buffy patted his arm and continued to glide down the hallway.

Anya grinned after Buffy. “What’s with her?” questioned Oz with his face contorted. Anya shrugged and laughed. “Maybe she finally discovered what she was missing with Spike.”

---------------------------------------

Spike shut his locker and walked down the hall to the courtyard for lunch. He stepped into the sunlight and spotted the blonde sitting by the fountain. His heart swelled and he tried to calm himself before coming upon the group.

Buffy was smiling and laughing at some joke that had just been told. She looked up when she saw the black of Spike’s shirt.

“Hey you,” she greeted warmly. Spike could only grin like an idiot. He had noticed a change in her the last few days, but he couldn’t figure out what it was.

She had been more warm around him and had even started joking about their situation. He felt that she was becoming more used to the whole thing and was no longer worried about saying the wrong thing anymore.

“We were just talking about the new band that played at the Bronze last night,” explained Xander. “Buffy told us that Oz is pretty bummed about it.”

Spike looked at Xander awoken from his thoughts. Buffy laughed once again. “He was freaking out. Anya looked pretty stressed out from the whole thing.”

He looked back at Buffy and smiled. “Oz is a good guy. He’ll calm down soon enough. There’s no way he will stay mad forever, let alone stay mad.” Everyone laughed.

Oz was the quiet type of guy, but a few days out of the month it seemed the monster inside of him came out and attacked anything that bugged him, almost like a werewolf during the fullmoon.

Spike looked around and noticed that someone was missing. “Where’s Angel?” Buffy answered him naturally. “He had to stay after class to talk to Ms. Calender. One of his computer asssignments got deleted on accident and he may have to do the project all over again.”

Spike was about to reply when Angel came up behind Buffy. “But now I don’t. I used my charm to get out of it.”

He wrapped his arms around her and leaned down for a kiss. Buffy pecked his lips and welcomed his hug. Spike’s heart stopped as he thought of Buffy’s new happiness in a different perspective.

Maybe she was happy because she had decided to stay with Angel and not worry about him. “Ms. Calender said she was checking my work as I went along anyway, and she thinks it deserves a B. So I have free time fourth period for the rest of the grading period.”

Buffy smiled at Angel’s excitement. “We all have class again tonight. Are you still busy?” Angel nodded. “Yep. Dad has movies planned for us. I would come, but I hardly get to see him enough as it is with the divorce and everything.”

Buffy tried to hide a smile. “Too bad. Oh, well. The less people, the shorter Giles makes the class.”

Willow looked at Buffy with a questioning look. Buffy just grinned at her. “Um…Buff?” she asked worried. “Yes?” she replied with a twinkle in her eyes.

“That thing that we discussed on Monday after school…” She stalled to try and lose the attention of everyone else but only attracted more. “You’re not gonna…you know, bring that up, are you?”

Everyone’s eyes turned to Buffy as they waited for her answer to the cryptic question. “I think that its time I did. It deserves to be said,” she said carefully throwing a glance at Spike.

He watched her closely and tried to decipher their conversation. “What the bugger are you two going on about?” he finally asked. Buffy just chuckled.

“It is none of your business, William. If it is, you’ll find out soon enough,” she said with a secret smile in her eyes.

Angel threw his hands up in the air. “I swear you all can read each other’s minds sometimes.” Xander smiled at Angel. “Every feel left out?” Buffy glared at Xander in a warning. “Watch it,” she mouthed so Angel couldn’t see.

The final lunch bell rang, and everyone jumped up and grabbed their things. Buffy looked around at everyone and said goodbye. “I’ll see everyone tonight.”