Author's Chapter Notes:
It's coming! And remember that this is a true story!
Buffy walked into her bedroom and threw her books down in disgust. “Mom, I’ve got a lot of homework, so I’ll be up here for a while,” she called down the stairs before shutting the door.

She turned around to see Angel sitting on her window sill. She let out a small scream and clasped her hand over her mouth. “Surprise,” he said with a sly smile.

“Angel, you have to leave. You’ll get me in trouble,” Buffy whispered as she tried to force him back out the window. Angel puckered out his lip.

“Come on, beautiful. I didn’t hardly get to be with you at all Saturday night because Spike kept talking to you. Then you guys all went out yesterday without me. I wanted a little Buffy time,” he whined.

Buffy frowned at him. He seemed to always want time to be near her and not with her. “That’s it,” Buffy said to herself.

A look of confusion crossed Angel’s face. “What’s it?” he asked lost. Buffy shook herself out of her stupor.

“Nothing. Sorry. Now you have to leave before I get busted,” she said with more force. Angel sighed and grabbed Buffy’s belt loop to pull her close. He grabbed her in a lustful kiss as his tongue tried to wiggle in her mouth. Buffy refused him and pushed back. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He gave her a half-smile and left through the window. “I hope you and Spike work out your problems,” he said causing Buffy’s heart to leap into her chest. “It seemed like he was kinda mad at you the other night. Well, have fun at class tonight, Cutie.”

Buffy watched him leave. As soon as he was gone, she rushed to the phone and dialed the familiar number. When the phone was picked up on the other line, Buffy didn’t wait for a response. “Passion,” she blurted out.

“What? Who is this?” came the questions from Willow.

“It’s Buffy,” she hurriedly answered. “Passion. That’s what I felt was missing. And with Spike, I feel that radiating off of him. But with Angel, I feel that the passion is gone. I need to either get the passion back with Angel, or I need to get the commitment from Spike. You know that he doesn’t stay with a girl very long…look at Drusilla.”

Willow waited and thought about what Buffy had said. “Passion is pretty important, Buff. Are you sure you and Angel could get it back?”

“That’s what I have to find out. Until then, I need to see if Spike has all of the other qualities that I have with Angel. I mean, I don’t want to make the wrong decision.” Buffy said with exasperation. “What do you think, Will?”

“I think that you have it all figured out. I think you need the passion, and you need the commitment. But I wouldn’t wait too long. Spike might not wait around forever, no matter what he says.”

Buffy sighed and replayed Willow’s advice in her head. “Thanks again, Willow. You are the best friend someone could have.” Buffy hung up the phone and started on her homework before going to class.

----------------------------------

Buffy walked into the Magic Box on Maple Court. She saw everyone sitting around the table waiting for her to join them. “Sorry I’m late guys,” she said apologetically. “I got caught up in studying for the stupid history final I have to take over. Teachers that lose test scores really need their license revoked.”

Everyone laughed and smiled in forgiveness as she sat down. Giles stepped out from behind the counter. “Well, now that everyone is here, we can begin.”

Giles began on the usual drone of driving speeches. She smiled at the laughter that was being prevented from leaking out of everyone as they shared in their boredness. Buffy noticed that a piece of paper had found its way to her lap. She looked up and saw that no one had noticed.

Have you changed your mind about that making out thing, because I am seriously dying of boredom over here. The note ended with a smiley face drawn on it to show that Spike was teasing. Buffy had a sudden thought that surprised her. She scribbled down one word on the paper and handed it make, not sure what she was doing.

Spike opened the paper, and what he read nearly gave him a heart attack. The one word that was inscribed on the paper read, Okay. Spike looked up at Buffy to see her staring at him. His hands started shaking and his breath started to come in short gasps.

Buffy took the paper from his hands, still not sure what she was doing. It read, Are you serious? Buffy noticed that her own breath had started coming slowly and her hands had started to sweat. She shook her head slowly at Spike. He ripped off another piece of paper and wrote, Okay then. Wow. Let’s go outside, it’ll be better.

At the time Buffy opened the paper and read its words, thunder shook the ground. “Ah, man,” Spike grumbled.

“What’s a matter, Spike? You don’t have to walk home in this,” Xander said in disgust at the weather.

“I had other plans,” stated Spike simply. Buffy just smiled at him. She nodded her head towards the door that led to the basement. Spike grinned in acceptance.

They all awaited the end of class. Giles was about to dismiss them when Xander started another argument that was sure to last a while. Buffy saw Spike fidgeting in his seat, and she couldn’t help but laugh. “Let’s just bloody get on with it then,” he said with irritation.

Buffy’s mind kept asking what she was doing, but she didn’t even have an answer for herself. I just need the passion, she kept telling herself over and over. I just need Spike’s touch on my body, was what the back of her mind was saying.

Buffy saw Spike’s eyes look deep into hers, and she knew that what she was about to do would be good for them. It might not be right, she thought to herself. But it’ll be worth it.