Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long to get up. I was having problems with the Internet.
Buffy's alarm went off signaling the beginning of a new day. She groggily turned over and hit the button silencing the distraction. She slowly pulled back the covers and climbed out of bed.

Then she remembered what had happened the night
before.

She rushed over to her full length mirror and pulled back her long blonde hair. She craned her neck so she
could get a good view of the purplish mark that now
occupied the once clean skin.

Buffy groaned loudly at the sight. The hickey was about as big around as when she put her index finger and thumb together to form a circle.

She quickly dug out some clothes that complemented her green eyes and left her hair cascade down her back after brushing through it. She silently snuck across the hall into the bathroom and got out her makeup.

She tried for what seemed like ages to cover the evidence of her forbidden passion and failed greatly. She sighed and covered it back with her hair.

She walked down the stairs and quickly grabbed her
books when she heard Angel honk from outside. She
looked at the clock, not realizing she had taken that
long in the bathroom.

She stood in front of the door and paused before greeting the sunshine. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before turning the knob.

'May the 'powers that be' help me today, she silently prayed.

She slowly opened the door to be greeted by Angel
standing in front of her. “Hey, Cutie. I didn't think that you were coming,” was his greeting.

Buffy scowled. “I was only a few seconds after you honked.” She realized just how much Angel seemed to be uptight about things. Spike was never like this unless his most prized possession was being kept from him.

Buffy couldn't help but smile at the thought of her belonging to Spike. Her mind flashed back to him holding her around the waist and kissing her breathless.

“Hey, Buff. What's with you this morning? You look
really happy. Your eyes are twinkling.” He added with
a smile as he walked down the path with his arm around her shoulder.

Buffy stared at him. He saw the sparkle too, only he
was oblivious to the reason why. She kept silent and
battled the thoughts of Spike that kept trying to enter her mind.

She climbed into the car and started a long conversation with Angel about some of the teachers. She would talk about anything to keep her mind off of the handsome blonde with deep blue eyes that you could swim in.

She shook her head and tried to listen more intently to his words that seemed to come out of his mouth but without any meaning. The ride to school was the longest one Buffy could ever remember.

-----------------------------------------

Buffy rushed into the school building, desperate to
find Willow and tell her what had happened. She turned the corner and almost ran into Willow.

“Hey, Buffy. Where's the fire?” she asked in a laugh.
Buffy regained her balance and grabbed her friend's
shoulders as she panted for breath.

“Willow...last night...” she rasped out. Willow just laughed at her with a knowing smile.

“Buffy,” she said in a laugh. “Xander told me everything. Spike gave him a fuller story, and it was
passed back to me.”

Buffy stared at her blankly as Willow continued to laugh. “It sounds like a lot of fun,” she said quieter and in a more serious tone.

A smile stole over the features of Buffy's face. “It was,” she said slowly. “I can't wait to see him.”

Willow frowned at her. “Just be careful around Angel.
I'll see you after class,” she called out as she went down the hall in the opposite direction with Xander now at her side.

-------------------------------------

Mrs. Jenkins was giving a speech on the importance of classical plays such as Julius Shakespeare's. All of the students' eyes were glazed and seemed out of
focus.

Buffy stared at a mark on the wall ahead of her, and her mind came to Spike. She slowly remembered the passionate scene, careful not to leave out any details. She smiled and her breathing became labored as the scene in her head reached its climax.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Angel's face came
flashing into her mind. She thought back to times when
things were much simpler.

Angel and her had been walking around the town and were at the pier when Angel had joked about throwing her in. They laughed as Buffy wrapped her arms securely around Angel's neck, and pulled herself into him to ensure her safety on dry land.

They stayed and talked for a long time about the future and what they each wanted with their lives. They started to leave when Buffy's foot had slipped, and she fell into the cold water beside her. Angel quickly lifted her out, and they shared another laugh together before heading home to change into dry clothes.

Buffy scowled, and she missed the times like those.
She wanted so badly to have the old Angel, but in her
thoughts, she realized that he was gone.

That was Angel when he wasn't himself fully around her so that she would think he was everything she needed. Now, he was himself, and the old him was lost forever around her.

Spike was himself when he was always around her,
because they had been friends since they were both
kids. She realized that this was the real Spike, and
that he would never change drastically on her, and she
could never fall out of love with him.

The bell rang and students poured out to the courtyard. Buffy barely realized that she was walking
herself to her friends.

“Hey Buffy,” Xander greeted with a perky Willow at his side. He noticed Buffy's distant look on her face as she slowly sat down.

“I don't love him like I thought I did. I have to be with Spike.”