Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the lack of updates. Moving to a new apartment is very busy i've noticed, as well as applying for a different posistion. Plus I don't have internet at home! How can I survive?? Hope you guys like this chapter. I need to get back into writing.

Thanks for the amazing reviews. And thanks to my betas for helping me out!
Chapter 12: Propositions


Walking into Tara’s office, Buffy had a huge smile on her face.

“Well, don’t you look like you just won the lucky million,” Tara said, meeting Buffy’s smile with her own.

“I can’t help but it, Tara. It’s all I’ve been doing since I got home yesterday.”

“It was that good, huh?”

“Oh, it was wonderful. But I’m sure you’ve talked to Willow about it.”

“She did mention something, but we’re here to talk about you, so you better start telling it all again.” Tara winked.

Buffy sat back on the couch; she wasn’t sure where to start so she just started talking. “Have you ever felt so overwhelmed about something because all you can feel is the comfort and safety of a person and you don’t understand how that is possible?” she asked Tara frowning a little.

“Yes, it’s what happened when I met Willow. Especially since it was my first lesbian relationship, and I hadn’t anticipated that it would happen.”

“It’s scaring me,” Buffy said truthfully. “But at the same time all I want to do is be near him. Does that make sense at all?”

Tara laughed. “Oh Buffy, that is perfectly normal. I know you spoke to Willow yesterday as well about this, and she told you it’s only normal to be afraid, especially since you’re in a situation you’ve never been in before. Though I think you’re doing great. The only advice I can give you is, let it all happen.”

Buffy smiled at her and knew she had to do just that.

“There’s only one thing I’ve been wondering about,” Tara said quietly which made Buffy look up alarmed.

“How old is Spike?”

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh at that. She’d expected a serious and important question, which turned out to be just Tara’s curiosity about her boyfriend. Oh, she liked the sound of that. Boyfriend.

“He’s 32.”

“Wow, definitely looking good for his age.”

“I know,” said Buffy grinning.


XXXXX


It had been a week since their date. They’d spoken on the phone every day, but had been too busy to see each other. Buffy couldn’t wait to go to the pub, and was tapping her foot anxiously and was waiting for Tara and Willow to pick her up since they all had decided to go together.

Hearing a car pull into the driveway, she grabbed her purse from the hallway table and was already halfway down the path to the car when Willow opened the door.

“Someone’s eager,” Willow said teasingly.

Buffy stuck her tongue out at her friend and got into the car without saying a word.

They walked into the pub 15 minutes later. It didn’t take long for them to spot Xander and Cordelia who were meeting them there. They were sitting at a table nurturing their drinks.

“Hey guys! How are you doing tonight?” Buffy asked.

“Hey Buffster, give us a hug. It’s been way too long,” Xander said, standing up.

Buffy smiled and went over to him, hugging him tightly. After letting him go, she took off her jacket and hung it over a barstool.

“I’ll be right back,” she said and walked off towards the bar.

“I was wondering when she would tear off. I’m surprised she even stopped to say ‘hello’ to you guys,” Willow said, grinning.

Xander looked at her questioningly.

“What am I missing?”

“Oh, just Buffy and her new boyfriend,” Willow said, almost bursting out laughing seeing the incredulous look on Xander’s face.

Cordelia didn’t look all that surprised. “It’s about time that girl got it on.” Xander gawked at her as if she’d gone crazy.

XXXXX


Spike’s attention had been only partially focused on serving drinks. The majority of it was aimed at the door, willing Buffy to walk through it. He knew she’d come tonight, and he couldn’t wait to take her into his arms and kiss her senseless. He’d become addicted to her kisses. They were so sweet and soft. He knew she was there before he saw her and he had to restrain himself not to run up to her and do just that.

He lost her in the crowd as she made her way over to her friends. Berating himself for being such a git he went back to work, knowing she’d come looking for him when she was ready.

And not five minutes later she was standing in front of him.

“Hi,” she said, smiling brightly at him.

He did the only thing he could do. He smashed his lips to hers in a searing kiss. When he heard several catcalls aimed in their directions, he pulled back and saw that Buffy was blushing furiously.

“I’m sorry, luv. I couldn’t help myself. The moment I saw you walk into the pub, that’s all I wanted to do.”

“It’s ok,” she murmured. “You better get back to your customers, they’re getting impatient.”

“They can wait. You’re way more important to me than they are at the moment,” he said loud enough for those around them to hear.

A few ‘Hey!’s were thrown his way, and he smirked down at her.

Giving her a quick peck on the lips he pulled back and said softly, “I’ll talk to you later.”

He watched her walk away for as long as he could before, and then turning, he went back to work.

XXXXX


She could tell by the expression on her friends’ faces that they had seen the not so secret kiss she and Spike had just shared. Trying to be nonchalant, she walked back to the table and sat down on her chair. Unfortunately, the act wasn’t really working. The gazes she got, the one from Xander in particular, started making her feel very self-conscious.

“Is there something we should know Buffy?” he asked in a tone that suggested he was clearly beyond surprised.

“What would there be to know?”

“Well, how about you just kissed a guy in public? A bartender!” He was on the verge of shouting at her.

Buffy noticed that the people around them were beginning to stare. Her face flushed with embarrassment. “Thanks Xander, for being such a great friend and supporting me.” She stood up abruptly and ran to the ladies room.

Taking a few deep breaths, and trying to suppress the tears that were threatening to spill she dampened her face with some cold water.

“Buffy, are you ok?”

Buffy turned around and saw Willow standing in front of her.

“I’m sorry about Xander, Buffy. It was unfair of him to react the way he did. And believe me he’s getting the riot act from Cordelia right now and you know how that will end,” Willow said softly.

Buffy gave her a weak smile. “I just can’t believe he said that, Willow. That really hurt. Like he can’t be happy that I’ve finally found someone that I like and want to be with.”

“He’s just jealous,” Willow said.

Buffy gave her a funny look.

“Honestly Buffy, you know how he’s always had a crush on you. He just can’t stand it that some other guy got through to you.”

“But that was years ago. He’s been in relationship since then. Why would he still be jealous?”

“I don’t think he ever really got over your dismissal. Just ignore him for now. He’s obviously being an ass. Now let’s go, we came here to have some fun, and that’s what we’re going to do.” She took Buffy’s hand and guided her out of the restroom.

When back at their table, they found a sulking and embarrassed looking Xander sitting with his head down. Buffy sat in her chair and took a sip from her drink. When she felt Xander looking at her, she looked up at him.

“I’m sorry for what I said. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt your feelings,” he said quietly.

“It’s fine, Xander. Just forget it,” she told him.

Her gaze went beyond Xander and that’s when saw Spike looking at her with a concerned look on his face. She gave him a small smile and he cocked his head in question. Nodding her head slightly that things were ok, she went back to her drink. They would talk later.


XXXXX


The night continued without any other embarrassing events. Buffy and Cordelia had some fun on the dance floor, and the rest had watched from afar.

When it was time to go, Buffy made her way over to Spike to let him know she was leaving. He was talking to some customers and after seeing her, he quickly said his goodbyes to them as he took her hand and led her up the stairs.

“Are you ok? You looked pretty distressed earlier tonight,” he asked stroking her arm.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I had a bit of a disagreement with Xander.” Seeing the questioning look on his face she sighed and knew she better tell him. “He just made a big scene about our kiss, is all.”

“What business is it of his?” he asked angrily. “If he ever does something like this again, I want you to tell me. Because I will have a serious chat with him. I don’t want him making you uncomfortable because he can’t keep his mouth shut.”

“It’s ok, Spike. He said he was sorry. It doesn’t mean I forgive him for what he said, but we’re ok for now so don’t worry about it.”

Spike sighed and pulled her to him.

“I’m sorry. I won’t make it harder on you. And I suppose it’s time for you to go home. I will talk to you tomorrow and we can go for a drink ok?” he asked nuzzling her face.

She gave him a smile and pressed her lips softly to his. The kiss started out gentle, but soon turned into a more passionate kiss where tongues glided against each other and soft moans were escaping from both of them.

He pulled back and gave her one last peck on the nose and escorted her out of the club.

Buffy didn’t know that it wasn’t the kiss Spike was now thinking about. It was the fact that he was going to keep a lookout for Xander. If that boy was trouble, he would take care of it. He didn’t want to deal with any kind of competition.

=====

So, i hope you guys liked this. Next chapter will be very interesting too... ;-)