Author's Chapter Notes:
2 updates in one week! You lucky guys. I'm flying home tomorrow for a few days, so it's just because i'm in a good mood. Hopefully i'll be able to write more soon once i get back. So no update sin the mean time, sorry. Thanks for everyone for the reviews!! And my beta's rock.. yes they do! ;-)

Chapter 17: Tonight, the first Night.


The next day Buffy cleaned her entire apartment. She wanted everything to look perfect for Spike when he came over. Who was she kidding? She was so nervous the only thing she could do to not lose her mind was clean until she dropped.

Now, she was sitting down on the sofa with a glass of wine trying to settle her nerves. She glanced down and shuddered. Her old cleaning clothes full of stains. Spike was supposed to be there in an hour and she still had to get ready.

Putting her glass down, she rushed up the stairs to jump into the shower. Luckily, she knew exactly what she wanted to wear. Willow had taken her out shopping on the previous Saturday and Willow had picked out a pretty blue spaghetti strapped dress that ended just above Buffy’s knee.

She let the hot water massage her tense shoulders and she immediately felt part of the tension drain away. She could do this after all. There was nothing to be afraid of. Spike liked her, and he’d always been the perfect gentleman. Nothing to worry bout. Hell, she wanted this for herself.

She felt herself shudder when the thought of how his body felt against her when they kissed. His hard muscles pressed against her breasts, and the feeling of the obvious erection against her butt.

Once she finished her shower and dried off, she put on her matching light blue thong and then her dress. She’d be braless that evening since the style of the dress didn’t take wearing one into account, but that was okay, it made her feel sexy and more confident about herself. After applying her make up and styling her hair, she headed back downstairs to finish the last preparations for dinner.

She was cutting the peppers when the doorbell rang. When she opened the door her heart caught in her throat when she saw Spike standing there, with one single red rose in his hand. He looked gorgeous as always, though this time he’d gelled his hair in loose curls on top of his head.

“Hi cutie”

Buffy blushed a soft tint of pink at his seductive tone. “Hi, come in,” she said, softly stepping aside to let him in.

She took the rose he offered her and walked back to the kitchen with him trailing behind her. She put the rose in a small vase with some water.

“It’s really beautiful,” she told him.

“A beautiful rose for a beautiful girl,” he whispered in her ear while he took her in his arms and kissed her softly on her lips. As with all their kisses, it started out slow and soft, but soon turned passionate and they were moaning into each other’s mouths.

Pulling back to get some oxygen into her system she buried her face into his chest trying to control her hormones. Tonight was the night, she knew, but she first had a dinner planned and she wasn’t going to let that get ruined.

She pulled out of his embrace and went to the counter to continue making the dinner.

“I’m glad Paul could take over tonight,” She said, trying to make conversation.

“He’s a good lad, and knows exactly how to keep things running smoothly when I’m not there. I’m not worried anything will go wrong,” he said, sitting down at the kitchen counter.

“That’s good to know,” she said smiling. She’d met Paul a few times before she’d come to work at the pub, and again on her first day. He’d been very supportive and had offered his help if she’d ever need it. She’d instantly taken a liking to him, and had assured him she’d ask for his help if ever needed.

“So, how have your first two days been so far?” Spike asked while she was chopping the rest of the vegetables. She could feel his eyes fixed on her as if burning her. She knew her dress clung to her body and all her curves. That had been one of the main reasons why she’d bought it. She was sure though by the look in his eyes that he could see he wasn’t wearing a bra.

“… so I think it’s been going well so far,” Buffy replied

“Huh?”

She looked up at him and saw the confused and slightly embarrassed look on his face.

“Spike, did you listen at all to what I was saying?”

“I’m sorry pet, I got a bit distracted. Do you have any idea how sexy you look in that dress?”

Buffy looked at him, face as red as a tomato.

“I’m sorry luv, I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable. Forget I ever said that.”

He got up from his seat and walked out of the kitchen into the living room while running his hands through his hair.

Buffy walked after him and put her hand on his arm.

“Spike, it’s ok.”

“No Buffy, it wasn’t. I know you’re not ready for this yet, and I’m bollixing it all up. I’m sorry pet.”

Putting her hand on his cheek, she turned his face towards her and softly brushed her lips against his.

“I wanted to tell you something tonight, after dinner…” she started. Even though she had felt the sudden courage to take charge of this situation, she was still nervous as hell.

“What is it pet?” her asked her with a curious look.

“I wanted to tell you that I think I’m ready, for the next step. I wanted tonight to be the first time.”

Spike looked at her in awe, speech obviously having abandoned him.

The silence was getting too much and Buffy was already feeling extremely stupid for saying this. “I’m sorry, forget it. I’m stupid, I”

Before she could finish her sentence though, she was being hauled up against Spike’s body and felt his lips crush to hers. Taken completely by surprise she felt herself being pushed against a wall. Spike’s legs pushed in between hers, and she automatically brought her legs up around his waist.

Buffy gasped for breath while Spike pampered kisses all the way from her jaw line to her neck. Trying to get her brain to function again she softly whispered his name in his ear. She felt one hand knead her bottom while the other one was cupping her breast through her dress. This was not the way she wanted it to go. It was supposed to be soft and exploring, and in a bed for one thing. Not up against a wall.

When he didn’t respond to his name she tugged at his hair a bit to get his attention. Breaking away from her, she saw the lust filled look in his eyes, mixed with a look of confusion.

“Spike, we have to stop this. I don’t want this to happen against a wall, please,” she said quietly, not wanting to give him the idea she was brushing him off.

“I’m sorry, baby,” he said, pulling away from her completely. “I just couldn’t help it when I heard you say that.”

Buffy stood there, clothes in disarray and hair slightly dishevelled. When she looked him in the eye she could still see the awe written in them and a small sign of lust that was still there.

She took his hand and guided him back to the kitchen. “Maybe we should eat something first and then take things slow? Maybe this sounds really stupid and virginal, but I’d like my first time to be in a bed with time to explore.”

“It’s not stupid luv. And you are right, we should take this slow, and make it memorable. I want to map out your body and know everything single spot that is you.”

Buffy blushed at his comment and slowly walked back to the kitchen counter to continue making dinner.

XXXXX

After a nice and quiet dinner they sat back and enjoyed their wine. After the somewhat heated encounter earlier that evening Spike had made sure not to make any comments that would make her feel uncomfortable. The knowledge of what was going to happen was out in the open, and it had made the atmosphere more tense than relaxed.

Spike had reassured her that everything would go the way it was supposed to. She would set the pace and decide how far things would go. She’d smiled gratefully at him.

Right now they’d finished their dinner and had done the dishes. They were sitting on the sofa in a comfortable silence.


Buffy looked his way and saw Spike was already staring at her. She blushed slightly and looked away. Setting her glass down she moved closer to where he was. He immediately wrapped his arms around her and hugged her to him.

Putting her hands on his chest she made slow patterns over his shirt and leant up for a kiss a few moments later. When Spike pulled back, she looked him with a frown marring her face.

“Are you absolutely sure about this Buffy?” he asked in a whisper.

She looked him in his eyes and saw the love and adoration in them.

“Take me to bed Spike”


=====
hehe, so you'll have to wait to read how it will all happen for our lovely couple. I hope you enjoyed that!>/i>