Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks to everyone for reviewing. I'm busy writing this story and think i'll mayb ehave about 10 chapters left? Not sure yet ;) I love my beta's as always, and I love you guys if you review again!
Chapter 24: Going through the changes


Spike was on his way to his car when his cell phone went off. “Devine speaking.”

“Hi.”

“Buffy love, it’s so bloody good to hear your voice,” he sighed into the phone. “Are we still on for tonight?”

“Yeah, that’s why I’m calling you. I forgot to tell you that the new bouncer is starting today, and I’m showing Riley around the pub at 6. Give him a tour before he starts, and introduce him to Paul since he’ll be taking orders from him as well.”

“Sure love. You want us to meet an hour later than planned? I can come by your place at 8 instead of 7. I’m on my way to the pub myself at the moment actually. I need to talk to Paul about closing tonight,” he said while getting into his car.

“You don’t mind do you? I mean, I thought it would be better if I gave him a tour instead of letting him figure things out himself, especially since we won’t be at the pub tonight to help him out.”

“Of course not kitten. You do your thing and we’ll meet an hour later. As long as I still get my Buffy fix tonight. I think I’ve developed quite an addiction to your presence and care,” he whispered huskily in the phone. He could hear Buffy’s intake of breath followed by silence. “Love, you still with me?”

“You know I love you right?” she whispered shakily.

“I know… I love you too. Nothing’s wrong is it?” He was starting to get worried by the sudden change of mood in the conversation.

“No, nothing’s wrong. I just needed to tell you that.”

He laughed into the phone. “Gosh pet, don’t scare me like that again. I thought something was wrong. I love you kitten, won’t ever let you go.” He put the keys in the ignition and started the car. “I will see you tonight. Be ready for me,” he said before clicking off his phone and driving off in the direction of the pub.

XXXXX

Buffy was ready for the day and waiting for Riley to show up for a tour around the place. Just as she walked down the stairs towards the bar area she saw him coming into the pub.

“Hi Riley! I’m glad you could make it tonight,” she said, welcoming him.

“No worries Buffy. I’m glad to be here.” He smiled back at her.

“All right, let’s give you a tour around the place then and I’ll introduce you to some people you’ll be working with along the way.”

“Great, I’m ready to go.”

“Ok, follow me,” Buffy said as she made her way towards Paul.

“Hi Paul, you got a second?” she said.

“Sure Buffy, what’s up?”

“I’d like to introduce you to Riley, our new bouncer.”

“Hey mate, welcome to Little London.” Paul shook his hand.

“You’ll be working quite a lot with Paul here when Spike or I aren’t around. Paul knows everything there is to know about the pub and is often in charge of closing. If you need anything you can always ask him.”

She waved goodbye to Paul and showed Riley the rest of the pub. She introduced him to some of the waiting personnel and showed him the underground part of the pub that Spike was working on.

“So, who is this Spike guy anyway?” Riley asked her with a raised eyebrow.

“Spike’s actually the owner of this place. He started Little London a few months ago, and is now working on expanding it into something bigger. He’s got lots of plans for this place and is working hard on realising them. That’s how I got the job, to relieve him of some of those pub-running-duties. That’s all my responsibility now, so he can organise his other plans.” Buffy explained. She left out the part where Spike was her boyfriend. She didn’t want Riley to think she only got the job because she was seeing him.

“Is he here often? I haven’t seen him yet.”

“He’s around mostly during the day, but he’s out a lot talking to investors and other kinds of people like that. Sometimes he still works as a bartender. You’ll probably see him tomorrow. He’s tending then.”

“Sounds like he’s a very serious man.”

“Oh, he is. Extremely serious, and he has a contagious enthusiasm that affects people around him. When you see him walking around the pub the only thing you can do is smile and listen to what he has to say,” she said with a slightly dreamy look on her face.

Riley must have noticed because he frowned at her then before replying. “Are you sure that isn’t just you?”

Buffy laughed at him. “Trust me, when you see him you know what I mean. Spike’s an amazing man, and everyone here has a great respect for him.”

They went to the office and sat down, Buffy needed Riley to sign some papers. When everything was settled, Buffy got up from her chair and grabbed her jacket.

“Again welcome to the Little London, Riley. If you need anything just ask Paul, he’ll be glad to help you. See you tomorrow!”

“You’re not staying tonight?”

“Nope, tonight’s my night off. Well, most of the nights are my night off. I work mainly during the day, but I’ll be here tomorrow. See you then! Bye.”

“Bye Buffy.”

Buffy was in such a hurry to leave, she didn’t notice the slightly disappointed look flash across his face.

XXXXX

It was 8 o’clock and Spike walked into Buffy’s apartment. She was in the kitchen preparing a late night dinner for the two of them.

“Hey baby,” he called out while walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her. “I’ve missed you.”

“Careful, I’m shopping veggies here,” she answered with a giggle to which he growled and took the hand that held the knife. Making her let go he turned her around and held her tight in his embrace. She wrapped her arms around his neck in response and smiled up at him.

”You better have time to say hello to your man, because if not he will have to punish you for that later,” he smirked at her.

“Hmm, you can punish me any time,” she answered with an evil glint in her eye.

Spike groaned. “God pet, do you have any idea what you do to me?”

“I have an idea,” she said, rubbing her right leg against his crotch.

His eyes widened and he heard her giggle at his responsiveness towards her. “What have I done? I’ve created a monster,” he whispered to the heavens.

Having had enough of her little tricks, he tightened his arms around her and crushed his lips to hers. He felt her relax in his arms and softened the kiss and eventually pulled back when oxygen was becoming an issue. ”So, what have you got planned for dinner, love?”

“Hmm, I was making us Chicken Tikka Masala. I hope you like that,” she murmured into his chest.

“I love everything you make me kitten. You know that,” he said while stroking her hair. “And do we have anything for dessert?”

She raised up her head, and had that same evil glint in her eyes again. He let her disentangle herself from his embrace so she could walk to the refrigerator.

“I thought you might enjoy this,” she said while holding up a single can of whipped cream.

He looked at her for a second and was completely silent.

“You ok? Did I break you?” she asked with a frown as she sat the cream back in the refrigerator.

Instead of answering he started chuckling which turned into a full belly laugh. Buffy was looking at him as if he’d lost his mind completely.

“Oh love, honestly, how you have changed from a shy little girl into the wickedest sex vixen I could have ever hoped for. You amaze me,” he said still chuckling slightly.

Buffy was grinning. “Well, what can I say? You bring it all out of me. It’s you I should blame for all of it. But no silly business now, I need to finish making our dinner,” she said and walked passed him towards he neatly cut vegetables.

“Ok love. I’m just going to take a quick shower while you finish your lovely cooking,” he said with a smile and made his way upstairs.

She was definitely going to be the death of him.

=====

Well, that was this chapter, hope you guys liked it. More to follow soon!