Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope everyone's still enjoying the story. I'm getting a little less response than before.
Chapter 25: Don’t worry


Buffy woke around noon and was surprised by breakfast in bed. Spike had gone all the way by making toast, eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice. As a special treat, he had placed a small vase with a single red rose on her tray.

She’d eagerly eaten her breakfast and thanked him with a gentle kiss. After the wonderful surprise, she wanted to so something for him as well. Feigning with the act that she needed to make ‘important’ phone calls, she told him to go take a shower as she walked out of the bedroom towards the living room. Once she knew the coast was clear, she snuck back towards the bathroom.

She was greeted with a delicious vision of a naked Spike standing with his back towards her. Little drops were cascading down his muscular back onto his nicely shaped ass. She’d silently undressed herself and slowly made her way over to the shower cubicle.

As she entered the shower from behind him, she didn’t give him enough time to realise she was there, before she pressed herself against his back. She ran her hands over his fine abs and down to his stomach.

“I thought you had important phone calls to make,” he said while standing exactly where he was.

She kissed his back a few times before replying. “Hmm, I couldn’t get the vision out of my head of this gorgeous naked man in my shower. I just had to check if things were all right,” she whispered as her right hand moved toward his groin.

“It seems that things are more than all right and pretty much up for action.” She chuckled against his back.

“Buffy…”

“What’s wrong?” she whispered while pumping his erection.

His answer was a growl and before she could react he pulled her around so she was facing him. In mere moments, she was being smothered with kisses. She responded immediately and wrapped her arms around his neck plastering herself further against him.

Buffy rested her forehead against his chest and let her arms hang loosely at his neck. “I love you.” She ran her hands over his arms and wrapped them around his waist. “I’m so happy I found you.” she said while looking into his eyes. She could see the same emotions reflecting in his eyes.

“I’m never going to leave you Buffy. You’re stuck with me forever.”

“I can live with forever,” she replied smiling.

+++


“I’ll see you tomorrow after work, right?” Buffy asked Spike as they got out of the car.

“You better believe it, baby. I’ll pick you up at 6.” Spike took her into his arms and kissed her before letting her go where they both walked into the pub.

Buffy made her way over to her group of friends as Spike walked off to the bar to start his shift. “Hey guys, how are you doing?”

“Hey Buffster, you made it. We weren’t sure if you were going to show,” Xander said, which earnt him a kick under the table from Cordelia. “Ouch, what was that for?”

“Sorry Buffy, Xander’s being his normal pain in the ass.”

“It’s ok Cordy. Spike has to tend bar tonight, so we had no choice but to end our passionate love acts early today.” The shocked looks on her friends’ faces made Buffy burst out laughing.

“Buffy! I can’t believe you just said that!” Willow said, a shocked look on her face. Tara just smiled at her knowingly.

“I’m sorry guys, but you had that coming. I know that you’ve all been wondering about how things are between me and Spike, and that was your well deserved answer. Things are great, they’re more than great, we’re in love,” she said grinning.

“Who’s that guy over there staring at you Buffy?” Willow asked after taking another sip of her drink.

Buffy looked in the direction that Willow was discreetly pointing in and saw Riley standing near the doors. He was looking their way. “Oh, that’s Riley, he’s our new bouncer. I hired him about two weeks ago. He’s very nice and very serious about his work too.” She waved at Riley. He waved back at them and gave Buffy a warm smile.

“Seems like it’s not the only thing he’s serious about,” Cordelia said.

“What do you mean?” Buffy asked.

“The way he looks at you? He’s clearly more interested in you than having you as a friend or boss. I’d be careful if I were you.”

Buffy looked over at Tara with a worried expression who gave her an encouraging nod. She’d been acting normal towards Riley, as they’d talked about during their session. She hadn’t given him any sign that there was more to their relationship than friendship.

“It’s ridiculous, and even if it were true, he doesn’t have a chance. I’m taken,” Buffy said sternly. She glanced back at Riley and saw he was talking to someone who wanted to get in. “I’ll go over to him and say hi,” she told the group. It was more a way to prove to herself that nothing was going on.

“Hey Riley, how are you doing?” she asked, standing next to him near the entrance.

“Hey Buffy. Things are fine thanks. It’s a slow night. Not many drunken or violent people that I have to remove from the club or deny access. How are you? Not working today?”

“I came in late, busy night yesterday. I still have stuff to do later on.”

“That’s good.” Just as Riley finished that sentence a drunken guy bumped into Buffy and pushed her right into Riley. Instinctively she wrapped her arms around him to steady herself. She felt Riley’s arm wrap around her as well, and she looked into his eyes. “Sorry about that, kind of a reflex,” she apologized.

“That’s ok, are you all right? I better check up on that guy, see if he’s real trouble.”

“I’m fine, thanks. Why don’t you go check on him? I’ll see you later.” She disentangled herself from him and walked back her friends.

“Well, nothing’s going on huh?” Cordelia said frowning at her.

“Shut up, Cordy. I’m going upstairs to finish up some work,” she said and then walked to the stairs leading to her office. She glanced over to the bar and saw Spike watching her, a frown marring his face. She gently shook her head and walked up the stairs.

By the end of the evening Buffy had finished most of her work. She rubbed her tired eyes and sighed. She hadn’t slept a lot the night before and it was starting to get to her.

“Hey.” A voice startled her from her thoughts and when she looked up she saw Riley standing in her doorway.

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be downstairs?” she asked questioningly.

“Everyone’s left, the pub is empty. I just wanted to make sure you’re ok. I’m sorry about that guy; I should have seen it coming.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it, nothing happened. It’s all good. Did you get rid of him?”

“I checked up on him, and he apologized. He left soon after.”

Buffy got up from her chair and put on her jacket. “Well, I’m going home. I’m in serious need of some sleep.” She smiled at him and walked towards the door.

Riley walked with her down the stairs and they said their farewells at the bottom. Buffy made her way to the bar to say good night to the guys. Spike was waiting for her and didn’t look all too pleased.

“What were you doing with Riley upstairs?” he asked.

“He was just checking to see if I was ok. Some drunken guy ran into me earlier today while I was talking to him.” He was glaring at her. “What? You don’t trust me? Where the hell did that came from?” she asked having no clue why he would act like that all of a sudden.

“It’s nothing. I’m sorry Buffy, it’s just… some memories came back to me. I’m sorry,” Spike told her.

Buffy walked behind the bar and gave him a hug. “I’m not her. I’m not Cecily.”

“I know. I love you,” Spike whispered into her ear as he hugged her tightly to him.

“And I love you.”

=====

ok, that was it. What did you think?