Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again to everyone who reviewed and my beautiful beta's. So we're getting more into the story now, i hope you guys like the progress. It's one thing to start, but to keep your readers happy is another! I hope you enjoy this chapter too!

Chapter 6: First Times


It had been three days since their first ‘it’s not quite a date’ and tonight Buffy was going to ‘Little London’ with Willow. Spike had called her on Tuesday, one day after their meeting, to ask her how things were going. There was no pressure and the call had been pleasant and casual. They’d talked about work and normal everyday life.

Buffy was still amazed at how at ease she felt talking to Spike. He made sure to let her know there was no pressure from his side. And even though they hadn’t truly talked about the feelings they had towards each other yet, she knew they both thought it was more than just a friendship. Buffy just didn’t know how deep and true Spike’s feelings were towards her. Was she just a fling? A nice girl for a few dates? Or was he interested in a more serious relationship? Buffy had heard stories about him. She’d heard girls talk about his latest conquests and how he would woo a girl, and then after a few weeks, ditch her.

Part of her told her not to believe those stories. She couldn’t believe Spike would do those things, especially after the time she had spent with him. The way he’d acted at the gallery exhibition was only another example of how those rumours couldn’t be true. But another part, the more insecure part, was telling her that he might not be completely interested in her that way.

The doorbell shook her out of her thoughts.

“Hey, Buffy, ready to go meet that gorgeous guy of yours again?” Willow said in a cheery voice.

Buffy blushed and said, “He’s not my guy, Will. We’ve only gone out for drinks once. And besides, I don’t even know how he feels about me or if he’s interested in a relationship. We could be just friends.”

Willow looked at her as if she’d lost her mind.

“Buffy, you must have noticed the way he looks at you. Now come on, it’ll be closed if we don’t get our butts in gear!” Willow said, dragging Buffy out of her apartment.


XXXXX


As they entered ‘Little London’ Buffy’s eyes immediately went to the bar to see if Spike was there. At first, she didn’t see him and felt a rush of disappointment go through her. He said he’d be there tonight so they could have another drink.

She followed Willow to a table near the bar and sat down.

“What do you want to drink?” she asked while getting out her wallet.

“A beer would be fine,” Buffy replied. As Willow turned, Buffy looked back at the bar wondering where Spike might be.

“Where did your mind wonder off too, love”? A familiar voice said behind her.

She whirled around and saw Spike standing there with two beers in his hand. She looked at the bar to see Willow watching them while chatting with someone Buffy didn’t know. Willow gave Buffy a wink and went back to talking to the stranger.

Buffy laughed to herself. ‘So much for subtlety, that’s Will.’

“Mind if I sit with you, pet?” Spike asked when she looked back at him.

“Please do, I was actually wondering where you were. I didn’t see you when we came in.”

“So, keeping track of me already, huh? Before I know it, I’ll have a bell on my neck so you know where I am at all times,” Spike joked.

Buffy looked down at the table feeling slightly embarrassed by the situation.

“I‘m only kidding, Buffy. How are you today? You look good,” Spike said, while taking a sip of his beer.

Buffy smiled back at him. “I’ve been good. Today wasn’t so bad. Lilah wasn’t as hard as she usually is, so I can say, I’ve had a good day.” She laughed.

“How about your day?” she asked.

“My day was ok. I had some people inspecting the place, but everything turned out fine. These people are always trying to find something that they can use against you,” he said while rubbing his eyes.

Buffy noticed how tired Spike looked and put her hand over the one lying on the table. He looked up at her, surprised by her initiative.

“Are you getting enough sleep? You look absolutely exhausted,” Buffy asked.

“Well, thanks pet. Tell a bloke he looks like shit, why don’t ya?” he said with a grin on his face. “I’ve just been really busy lately with new plans, investigations, and a girl that I’ve been trying to seduce,” he said looking straight into Buffy’s eyes.

Buffy blushed at that and averted her eyes from his intense gaze.

Spike put his finger under her chin to look into her eyes.

“I mean it, Buffy. I don’t want to scare you off, and I told you we’d take this at your pace. But I want you to know that I do have feelings for you, and want to explore them further.”

Buffy didn’t know what to say. She was a bit shocked by his admission and she felt her automatic defence mechanism slide gently back into place, but she was determined to take a risk and not back away and hide her feelings. Buffy said softly, “I have feelings for you, too.” Buffy looked into Spike’s azure blue eyes and saw the awe written in them, which made her smile. She let out a giggle and Spike looked at her amused.

“We’re quite the couple aren’t we?” he said grinning. “Talking about our feelings like two high school kids. But love, I have to go up and finish some work before the night is over. I will come down later for a proper goodbye, alright?” He winked at her, and Buffy could only smile softly while she felt a blush creep up to her cheeks.

Spike leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, and then walked away.

Buffy looked around to see if she could see Willow and noticed her chatting with Cordelia and Xander, who were sitting at the bar. She took her beer and walked over to them.

“Hey guys. I didn’t know you were going to be here. I though you had a dinner with your parents?” Buffy addressed Cordelia.

“Yeah, I was supposed to go there, but they cancelled it at the last minute due to some renovation on the house that obviously needed to be done first.” She rolled her eyes.

Cordelia’s parents were from the richer part of town and were always trying to look the best they could. They drove in the most expensive cars, wore top-notch clothing and had a mansion the size of a small football field.

At high school, Cordelia had been a number one upper class bitch who thought she was so much better than everyone else. But in their last year something had changed. She’d fallen for Xander Harris, the poorest guy in town whose parents were usually drunk. Ever since then, Cordelia had been taken into their small group of friends, and she’d dropped her rich girl act and started to realise there was much more to life than money.

“So, Buffy, I noticed you talking to Mr. Bartender there. Anything we need to know about?” Cordelia asked, a knowing smile on her face.

Buffy knew Cordelia would see right through her if she lied, so she did the only thing she could do, and tell the truth. “We’ve only been out once, so don’t get any ideas in your head, Cordy. We like each other, but we’re taking things slow,” Buffy said.

Cordelia’s only response was an arched eyebrow.

As the end of the evening approached, Buffy looked at her watch and then glanced around to see if she could find Spike somewhere. He’d said he was going to say goodnight to her before she went home. Deciding to go look for him, she excused herself from her friends and walked around. Not seeing him anywhere, she decided to have a look upstairs in his office. ‘It would be rude to leave without saying anything, right?’

She walked up the stairs and knocked softly on his door. Not hearing anything she slowly opened the door and entered the small office. What she saw there made her face go into a soft, tender smile. Spike was lying with his head on his hands, facing the desk, obviously asleep. Papers were scattered everywhere around him.

Buffy cautiously walked over to his desk, contemplating what she was going to do. His hair was a mess of curls where he had run his hands through his hair repeatedly. Buffy slowly reached out to run her hand through his curls. They felt very soft as she slipped her fingers through them.

The sensation of her hand must have woken Spike up as he stirred from his slumber.

Buffy noticed his reaction and drew back her hand as Spike tilted his head to look at who was intruding his sleep.

“Hey, I wanted to say goodbye before I went home. But I couldn’t find you downstairs. So, I came up here to see if you were working and I found you asleep. I’m sorry if I intruded. I had no idea you’d be sleeping and…” she saw Spike’s face go into a wide smile which confused her a bit.

“What?” she asked.

“You’re rambling, love. And it’s ok. I’m glad you woke me up. I wanted to say goodnight to you before you went home. So thank you for coming up here.”

Spike slowly rose up from his chair and walked over to Buffy who was biting her lower lip nervously.

“Well, I guess it’s time to say goodbye then,” she stated.

Spike smiled at her and put his arms around her waist, drawing her closer to him.

“Yes, this is the time for goodbyes” he said softly, angling his face to the side to have a good look at her.

Before Buffy could react, Spike was ghosting his lips over hers in a gentle caress. When she didn’t pull away he dared to press his lips with a little more force onto hers, opening his mouth and running his tongue over her bottom lip.

Buffy didn’t know what was happening, but it felt too good to let it go. She opened her mouth to welcome his tongue with her own.

The moment her tongue touched his, Spike moaned into her mouth and lost part of his control. He plundered her mouth and held her tight against his body. When oxygen became an issue they separated, their foreheads touching.

“Wow…” Buffy said breathing hard.

Spike chuckled at that. “Definitely wow, pet,” Spike said, nuzzling her nose with his own.

Buffy slowly pulled back, looking into Spike’s sparkling blue eyes. They were mesmerizing. She slowly lifted up and planted a soft kiss on his lips, surprising him and herself by the gesture. She stepped back again and gave him a shy smile.

“I better go… see you soon,” Buffy said and turned around, leaving a stunned Spike behind.


=====


So that's it. Their first kiss! Was it ok? Am I building thos story up well enough? Let me know what you think!