Author's Chapter Notes:
please remember that this is my first fic and so please leave me good reviews or if you have a have a problem with the story or a chapter about how it is written please try not to hurt my feelings like a couple of people did when they left reviews for chapter 2
Chapter 3



After their dance class ended, all of the girls walked out together and instantly began talking in hushed voices.



“It’s not fair that you’ve got Mr. Salty Goodness,” Cordelia said in a sharp tone, looking at Buffy. “Don’t get me wrong- Angel’s great- but Spike is just…”



“Gorgeous,” Buffy finished for her, grinning. “Some girls just have all the luck, I guess.”



“You’ve got that right,” Anya replied. “Isn’t Xander hot? I anticipate lots of orgasms from him in the near future.” Buffy’s eyes widened. “What? Everyone knows I’m as blunt as a sailor sometimes.” Willow laughed quietly, shaking her head.



“What about Oz? He seemed nice,” Buffy said.



“Yeah, he’s great,” Willow said. “He was quiet for a while, but I think I might’ve cracked his shell a little.”



“At least you guys didn’t have to dance with a nerd like Andrew,” Dawn said, frowning. “He’s a good dancer, but he kept talking about sci-fi stuff. Who really gets into stuff like that these days?”



“You’d be surprised,” Willow replied before patting Dawn’s shoulder. “Could be worse.”



“And did you see how happy Mom looked with Giles?” Buffy asked Dawn, smiling softly. “I can’t wait until the wedding!”



“I need a date for it,” Dawn said. “Who should I go with?”



“I’m sure you’ll find someone,” Buffy said. “I’m thinking of asking Spike.”



“Think there’s some spark-age between you two?” Willow asked, and Buffy shrugged, smiling.



“I think I could fall hard for him,” she said.



‘Actually, I think I already have,’ she thought, looking down and biting back a giddy giggle.



* * *



“Who else just had a good time?” Xander asked, dropping into a chair and grinning. “That Anya chic was awesome.”



“Cordelia was cool,” Angel replied, shrugging. “Absolutely beautiful, too, which helps.”



“What about you, man?” Spike asked Oz. “How was Red?”



“Sweet,” he said, smiling a little.



“And you, Andrew? How was the young Miss Summers?” Spike asked, sitting beside Xander.



“A peach,” he answered. “I tried to convince her to come to the new Star Wars movie with me when it comes out.”



“So you scared her away, then, did you?” Spike joked, causing everyone else to laugh. Andrew frowned and sat on the floor.



“No,” he said, crossing his arms. “Maybe. I don’t know.”



“What about you?” Xander asked. “You scored yourself a pretty hot blonde.”



“Buffy’s lovely,” he said, and all of the guys raised an eyebrow. “What?”



“Did you just use the word ‘lovely’?” Xander asked before he began to chuckle.



“It’s true!” Spike replied defensively. “She’s beautiful, and yeah, maybe she needs to brush up on some of her dancing skills, but she’s bloody perfect.”



“Think you two might date someday?” Xander asked, and Spike sighed.



“I don’t know,” he replied. “I’m still kind of seeing Faith Lehane.”



“What?” Angel asked loudly. “I thought you dumped her!”



“I tried to, but the bint is pretty damn stubborn and wouldn’t let me,” Spike mumbled. “Besides, I’m afraid she’s going to chop me into pieces.”



“That’s why you shouldn’t date the psychotic ones,” Xander replied.



“I once saw her stab a fly with a pen,” Andrew said, and everyone looked at him. He quickly looked down. “Sorry, carry on.”



“I vote you dump Faith and give Buffy a spin,” Angel said. “She seems like she’d be good for you.” Spike nodded and stood up. “Where are you going?”



“Have to go risk my limbs,” he said, walking out of the room.



* * *



All of the girls were laying poolside about an hour later, tanning and still talking about their dance class. Buffy couldn’t take her mind off of Spike and remembered every second of their first dance.



“Earth to Buffy,” Cordelia said, snapping her fingers in front of Buffy’s face. Buffy quickly snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her friend. “Spike just walked by.” Buffy quickly sat up and looked around, scanning the area. “He walked into the lifeguard station.” She sighed and lay back down. “I’m surprised you like him. He seems like he’d be kind of rebellious.”



“Maybe that’s exactly what she needs,” Anya said, lying beside Buffy. “A roll in the hay with a bad-boy.” Buffy blushed quickly. “They’re really the best at it, after all. They know how to make it hurt in all the right places.”



“Anya!” Willow said in a reprimanding tone. “Do you ever stop talking about sex?”



“Yes,” Anya replied. “Sometimes I talk about how great capitalism is in our country.” Buffy smirked and lie on her stomach, giving her back a chance to tan.



“What are Mom and Giles doing right now?” Dawn asked as she crawled out of the pool to dry off and sit down on a vacant chair.



“They’re taking a Ceramics class,” Buffy answered, sliding on her sunglasses. “They won’t be around until 4ish.”



“Good,” Dawn replied, lying down. “I need a chance to unwind for a while.”



“Right there with you, scooter,” Anya said, smiling.



* * *



“How dare you?” Faith yelled as she followed Spike out of the lifeguard station. Buffy looked over at them and frowned instantly. “I thought you loved me!”



“I thought I did, but I don’t,” Spike said, walking away from her. “I’m sorry, Faith. I’ve apologized at least twenty times already.”



“And you think that makes it all better?” she asked loudly. The other girls watched the scene with interest, along with several other people around the pool area.



“We haven’t been together that long, luv,” he said sharply. “Let it go. I’m sure you’ll be off snogging some guy by nightfall.” Her jaw dropped in indignation as he stormed off, going back inside the main building.



“Men suck,” Faith said, throwing her hands up in frustration before making a growling sound and returning to the lifeguard station.



“Well, I guess now we know he’s single,” Anya said, and Buffy looked at her, frowning. “What? Isn’t that a good thing?”



“He didn’t tell me he was dating someone,” she said quietly, hoping she didn’t sound as sad as she felt.



“Maybe he dumped her for you,” Cordelia replied.



“That doesn’t make me feel better about the situation, Cordy,” Buffy replied, standing up and grabbing her stuff. “If he dumped some girl for me, that’s horrible.”



“For her, not you,” Dawn said, and Buffy sighed, shaking her head.



“It’s not good in general,” she said. “I’ll be inside. I’ll see you guys later.” She walked in the direction Spike had gone in.



“What’s her problem?” Cordelia asked, frowning.



“She’s afraid to love,” Dawn said quietly. “And now that she has a chance to, she’s scared. It’s a classic Buffy move. Sometimes she pushes people away before she can connect with them.”



“It’s only been one day,” Anya replied. “Surely she wouldn’t push him away before they even had a second conversation.”



“I hope not,” Dawn replied. “Because I think Spike would make a devilishly hot brother-in-law.”