Chapter 4

As Buffy laid in her bed that night, her thoughts kept coming back to one thing- Spike. She was surprised when she learned about Faith because she thought that he liked her, mainly due to all of the signals he sent her while they danced in class.

‘Could Cordelia be right? Would he dump Faith for me? And more importantly, why?’ she thought to herself. Buffy decided there was only one thing to do- confront Spike and ask him for the truth. Either that or change partners with someone else.

The next day after breakfast, all of the girls made their way down for their dance lessons while Joyce and Giles went looking around the country club at the various activities that were going on. After the girls signed in and put on their nametags, they headed toward the middle of the dance floor.

“Hello, ladies,” Spike said. “Today we are going to try some Latin dancing, so everyone go ahead and pair up with your partners.” After putting the CD into the player, Spike made his way over to Buffy.

“Hello, luv. Ready to start our lesson?” Spike asked.

“Are you sure you want me and not your girlfriend?” Buffy asked, a little annoyed.

“Girlfriend? What girlfriend?” he asked curiously.

“Faith,” she said. “We saw you two yesterday, having a lover's quarrel by the lifeguard station.”

“We're not together anymore- I broke up with her.”

“Why? Because you fell in love with somebody else?” she asked.

“That’s part of the reason. Why? Are you jealous, pet?” he said, smirking.

“No,” she said a little nervously. “But it’s kinda hard to tell with all the signals you’ve sent to me.”

“So you've caught them, huh?” he asked, smiling.

“Yeah, I have,” she said, returning the smile.

“Would you like to have a picnic with me later on?” he asked shyly. “Maybe we can learn more about each other and see if we have anything in common.”

“I'd love to,” she replied.

Then they started dancing away to the rhythm of the Latin beats.

Tonight we dance
I lay my life in your hands
We take the floor
Nothing is forbidden anymore

Don’t let the world in outside
Don’t let a moment go by
Nothing can stop us tonight

Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio
Bailamos, wanna live this night forever
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio te quiero

Tonight I'm yours
We can make it happen
I'm so sure
Now I'm letting go
There is something
I think you should know

I won't be leaving your side
We're gonna dance through the night
I wanna reach for the stars

Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio
Bailamos, wanna live this night forever
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio te quiero

Tonight we dance
Like no tomorrow
If you will stay with me
te quiero mi amor

Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio
Bailamos, wanna live this night forever
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio

Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio
Bailamos, wanna live this night forever
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio

As soon as the song ended, Buffy and Spike looked into each other's eyes, and Spike leaned down and kissed Buffy on the cheek while no one was looking.

“Thanks for the dance, luv” he said before dismissing the class and exiting the room, leaving behind a stunned Buffy.

Later on, she and her friends helped her get ready for her picnic date with Spike.

“So, any idea on how long you will be gone?” Dawn asked.

“I don’t know. He didn’t say,” Buffy said. “So, any ideas on what I should wear?”

“Here- wear this pink sundress with the white flowers on it and be sure to wear your pink sandals,” Dawn replied.

“Ok. What should I do with my hair, Willow?”

“Um, lets curl it,” she answered before starting to work on her friend’s hair. When she was finished, Cordelia helped with her make-up- a little powder, some eye shadow, and lip-gloss.

At noon, the doorbell rang and Buffy went to answer it. On the other side stood Spike, wearing black dress slacks and a dark blue dress shirt with the first two buttons open.

“Hello,” they said in unison.

“You look beautiful, Buffy,” Spike said.

“So do you, but in a manly way,” Buffy said, blushing.

“These are for you,” he said as he handed her a dozen pink roses.

“They're beautiful. Thank you,” she replied, smiling at them. “Just let me put these in some water and I will be ready to go.”

She put the flowers in a vase before they headed out the door.

As soon as they found a place to sit down, they started putting the food on the blanket and began eating.

“So, tell me something about yourself,” she said.

“What do you want to know in general, pet?”

“Anything and everything.”

“Ok. Well, I was born in England and lived there for 5 years with my mom, dad, and little sister Tara. Then we moved after dad got a job offer here in Sunnydale. When I was 10 years old, my parents were killed in a car accident.”

“I'm sorry,” Buffy said sincerely, looking at him sadly.

“It’s ok,” he said before continuing. “Anyways, my uncle Richard took Tara and I in and raised us with our cousin Angel, as well. I work at the country club every summer, teaching dance classes and saving up money for college classes, and then I send some for Tara to have and keep.”

“What are you majoring in?” she asked.

“Medicine, hoping to be a pediatrician one day because I love kids so much and I want to help them any way I can when they’re sick.”

“Have you had a lot of girlfriends?”

“Nope, just Faith. I met her about a month ago, but we were just friends and that’s it. When we met, she was shy and quiet, and then it was like overnight she changed into a completely different person. We didn’t start dating until a couple of weeks ago, and I thought that she was the one, but I was wrong. She's not the same person I knew when we first met. So that’s about all I know to tell you about me. But if you want to know anything else, don’t be afraid to ask. I wont bite much,” he said, smirking.

“Well, I guess I was wrong about you.”

“How's that?”

“I thought you were the type of guy who probably didn’t care about himself or anyone else, a rebellious teenager who just wanted to make sure that he got anything and everything he wanted. Also, someone who loved getting into trouble,” she explained, shrugging.

“I can be bad when I want to. I'm not charming all the time, and I do act like a jerk sometimes, even possessive, but it’s just who I am. I don’t want everybody to think of me as a bad guy who has a big reputation for getting into trouble. I just want to be normal and treated with respect. That’s all I ask.”

“I guarantee if people knew what you just told me they would definitely treat you differently with the respect you deserve,” she said, looking at him.

“I believe it’s your turn now, pet,” he said.

“What do you want to know about me? she said.

“Anything and everything,” he replied, smirking.

“Well, I'm 18 years old and attend Sunnydale University, majoring in medicine, hoping to one day become a pediatrician, as well. You know Dawn, who is my younger sister, but basically I am known to everyone as ‘Miss Perfect'. The perfect daughter, sibling, student, friend, etc… and it’s getting old. I mean, I hate everybody thinking I am perfect. I want a normal life where I can make my own decisions without worrying about what everybody will think of them. I wanna fall in love with the perfect guy and receive my first kiss so I can remember it in the future. I wanna do great things by myself and not worry about pleasing others so they can accept me. I wouldn't even mind getting into trouble once in a while. The bottom line is I want to be different, but I don’t know how.” She sighed quietly. “I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to dump all of this on you. They're my problems, not yours. But it just felt good to talk to someone about it.”

“Buffy, I'm not your boyfriend, and I know that I haven’t known you very long, but I would love to be your friend, and as your friend, I just want you to know that if you ever need to talk about anything, feel free to come to me if you don’t feel like talking to anyone else. I will always be here for you. Always,” he said, putting his hand on hers.

“Thank you, Spike,” she said, looking at him.

“Anytime, Buffy.”

She's like the wind, through my tree
She rides the night next to me
She leads me through moonlight
Only to burn me with the sun
She's taken my heart, but she doesn’t know what she's done

Feel her breath in my face, her body close to me
Can’t look in her eyes, she's out of my league
Just a fool to believe I have everything she needs
She's like the wind

I look in the mirror, and all I see
Is a young old man, with only a dream
Am I just fooling myself that she'll stop the pain
Living without her, I go insane

Feel her breath in my face, her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes, she's out of my league
Just a fool to believe I have everything she needs
She's like the wind

Feel your breath in my face, your body close to me
Can't look in your eyes, your out of my league

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool

She's like the wind