Author's Chapter Notes:
please everybody give this story a chance and let me know what you think
Chapter 5



The next morning, Buffy and her friends walked to the restaurant in the country club for breakfast and were surprised when Faith approached them.



“This can’t be good,” Anya said quietly as Faith stopped to stand in front of them.



“Good morning, girls,” she said. “I was wondering if I could snag a moment of your time, blondie?” Buffy raised an eyebrow as the brunette’s eyes focused on hers.



“Um, sure,” she said, somewhat nervous. “What’s on your mind?”



“I was hoping maybe we could talk privately,” Faith said, a slight edge to her tone.



“Anything you say will be repeated to us later on, so why don’t you save Buffy her voice a bit?” Cordelia suggested sternly, crossing her arms. Faith shot her a look.



“If this is because Spike wants Buffy more than he wanted you, we already know,” Dawn said, taking a small step forward. “So you can go away… now.”



“I just wanted to say that I’m fine with you and Spike being together,” Faith said, looking at Buffy. “Obviously he sees something in you that I don’t…” All of the girls took a step forward, but Faith raised her hands in surrender. “But if he wants to be with you, that’s fine. I’m better off without him, and I bet you will be, too.”



“I think I’d like to find that out for myself,” Buffy replied, shrugging. “Good girls always want the bad boys- I’m no different.”



“Oh, you will be,” Faith replied. “He’ll change you.” With that, she turned on her heel and stormed off. All of the girls watched her and were silent for a moment.



“So, breakfast?” Willow suggested, looking at the others. Buffy nodded quickly and followed them into the restaurant.



* * *



“What the hell is that girl’s problem?” Cordelia asked after they ordered. “Where does she get off coming up to you to talk?”



“She’s evil- anyone can see that,” Anya said, looking at Buffy. “You should be sure to stay away from her.”



“Yeah, she’s bad news,” Willow said, frowning. “I’m getting very bad vibes from her, stress on the ‘very’.”



“Me, too,” Dawn agreed. “Maybe you can talk to Spike and get him to talk to her.”



“I don’t think Spike being in the vicinity of a nut-job like Faith is a good idea,” Cordelia said. “She could do something shady, which I wouldn’t put past her.”



“Like what? Jumping him?” Anya asked. “I don’t think Spike would want to have sex with her again when he’s obviously digging Buffy.”



“Can we not talk about this?” Buffy asked quietly, looking down. “Let’s just try to have a nice breakfast.”



“But aren’t you worried, Buffy?” Willow asked, looking at her friend. “Faith could somehow try to wreck your impending relationship with Spike.”



“I’m not worried,” Buffy lied, looking away. “I’ll talk to Spike during class, okay? It’ll all be fine.”



But all of her friends knew better.



* * *



When it was time for class, the girls proceeded to the room and met up with their dance partners. Spike could tell that something was off with Buffy and led her out to the hallway to talk to her.



“What’s wrong, luv?” he asked, concerned. She sighed and looked at him.



“Your ex came to talk to me before breakfast this morning,” she answered, and Spike raised an eyebrow. “Nothing happened- she just spoke and I listened.”



“I’m sorry,” he said sincerely. “I don’t want to put you in a weird position or anything, and I’m sure Faith didn’t exactly help you start your day off right.”



“I’m not too worried, but the girls seem to be, so I thought I’d just tell you about the situation,” she said. “You know, in case anything else happens.”



“It won’t,” he said, putting his hand on her shoulder. “I’ll talk to her.”



“But I don’t want there to be a confrontation or anything,” she replied. “Faith didn’t threaten me or something else like that- she just said that she’s fine with… you choosing me over her.” He smiled softly. “Not that we’re dating or anything, right? We’re just friends?”



‘For now,’ he thought.



“Right,” he agreed quickly. “But honestly, pet, I’ll talk to her. Tell her to stay away and mind her own business. I don’t want you to feel awkward or uncomfortable with anything.”



“Thank you,” Buffy said, and he nodded. “So, shall we proceed to class?”



“Actually, I want to ask you something first,” he said, and she raised an eyebrow. “Would you maybe like to go out tonight? Just as friends?”



“Sure,” she answered, and he smiled. “What did you have in mind?”



“Dinner outside of the club,” he said, shrugging. “And maybe somewhere else afterwards. Sound okay?”



“Yeah, that sounds great,” she replied. “So, more Latin dancing today?”



“Want to?” he asked as they began to walk back into the room.



“Yeah, it was a lot of fun yesterday,” she answered, and he smirked.



“Yeah, it was,” he agreed as he walked to the CD player.



‘But it’s always fun with her,’ he thought, biting his lip to withhold the grin that was threatening to form.



* * *



After class, the girls exited the room and headed outside, towards the pool area.



“So, what are we doing tonight?” Cordelia asked, looking at her friends.



“I was thinking of tracking down Xander,” Anya replied. “I’d love to have him as my boyfriend and orgasm buddy.” Buffy scrunched up her nose in disgust and shook her head. “Don’t you want that with Spike?”



“I don’t want to talk about something so crass,” Buffy said. “Anyways, I’m going on a date with Spike tonight.” Dawn and Willow smiled and clapped excitedly.



“Which will hopefully be followed by an orgasm or two?” Anya asked, and Cordelia smacked her arm. “What?”



“Want us to help you get ready?” Willow asked, and Buffy nodded vigorously.



“We’ll make you look even more beautiful than normal,” Cordy replied. “He’s going to lose it.”



“Lose what?” Buffy asked, raising an eyebrow, and Dawn smirked.



“You’re so naïve, sister of mine,” Dawn said, and Buffy frowned.



“What’s he going to lose?” she asked again, and everyone giggled.