Author's Chapter Notes:
please be sure to leave any reviews for my first fic!!!

song belongs to Whitney Houston
Chapter 2

The ride home was made in comfortable silence. Dawn was asleep, Joyce and Giles were talking about plans for the wedding, and Buffy kept thinking about the mysterious platinum blonde-haired guy she had seen earlier.

As soon as they made it home, Giles asked Buffy if he could have a word with her while the others went into the house.

“Buffy.” Giles said. “I was wondering if you would like to invite your friends to stay with us for the rest of the summer and for the wedding, as well.”

“Are you serious?” Buffy asked eagerly. “Oh, thank you, Giles! Thank you so much! I will go call them right now”. She gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and went into the house to call her friends and tell them the good news.

Giles moved from England to America about 10 years ago to try and start a new life. While in England, he met and fell in love with Jenny Calendar, who was a science teacher. They fell head-over-heels in love and got married after dating for a year. Then, one day, Giles came home and Jenny told him that she was pregnant and they were expecting their first child- a girl. But when it came time to deliver, there were some complications, and Jenny and their baby died in childbirth. Finally, Giles decided to pick up and move on with his life and moved to Sunnydale, California.

While looking for paintings to put into his new house that he had bought, he ran into and met Joyce Summers, who owned the art gallery. He fell in love with her instantly, as well as her two daughters Buffy and Dawn. They dated for about a year and a half before he asked her to marry him. He was glad when she accepted and knew right then and there that he would be a great father to Buffy and Dawn since their real father Hank didn’t care about them. Giles didn’t think he would find happiness twice, but he was glad that he did and hoped maybe one day that Buffy and Dawn would call him dad.

The next day was the first day of summer. Buffy was so excited and couldn’t wait to pick up her friends so that they could start their summer vacation together. After everyone got their luggage packed into the cars, they headed to Willow’s house.

Willow and Buffy had been best friends ever since they were little kids. She had bright red hair and green eyes, and she was a straight-A college student who was majoring in education, hoping to either be a kindergarten teacher or a biology teacher. She was a very accepting person and loved welcoming new people to the town.

“Hey, Buffy,” Willow said when she got into the car.

“Hey, Willow. Aren’t you so excited to start summer vacation?” Buffy asked.

“I am so thrilled! I mean no more tests, no teachers, and hey-maybe we can find you a summer boyfriend,” Willow answered.

“I don’t know- maybe I will. I saw this cute platinum blonde-haired guy last night at the country club, and I swear he looked familiar, like from school or something. Oh, by the way, Dawn and I are taking some dance lessons for the wedding. Want to join us?” Buffy asked.

“Sounds like fun.” Willow replied.

Next, they picked up Anya Jenkins. Anya was totally the opposite of Buffy and Willow. She loved to gossip about anything and everything, along with having a knack for shopping and drooling over boys.

“Hey, Anya! How’s it going?” Buffy and Willow asked.

“Not bad. Really excited, though, and can’t wait to find me a summer romance.”

“Would you like to take some dance lessons with Willow and I for the wedding?” Buffy asked.

“Count me in,” Anya said.

“Great! Now all we need to do is see if Cordelia wants to join us.” Buffy said.

Cordelia Chase was another close personal friend to Buffy. She was the richest girl in town. Most people thought she was snobby, stuck-up, mean, but she was the complete opposite. She actually loved helping people, whether they were total strangers or people she knew, and she also hoped to one day become an actress.

“Hey, Buffy, Willow, and Anya,” Cordelia said as she got into the car. “I can’t believe its summer vacation. It seems like it took forever to get her.”

“Cordelia, how would you like to take dance lessons with the rest of us for the wedding?” Buffy asked.

“I would love to- it sounds like fun.”

The rest of the trip, everyone kept talking about what they were hoping would happen and what they would and wouldn’t expect to happen.

As soon as everyone got settled into their rooms, they made it down to the dancing rooms and signed up for lessons. Then, a few minutes later, they got assigned to their partners.

Willow got assigned to Daniel Osborne, AKA Oz, who played bass in a band called Dingoes Ate My Baby and had red hair and brown eyes.
Next, Cordelia got assigned to Angel Williams. Angel had brown hair, brown eyes, was about an inch taller than Cordelia, and hoped to one day become a professional athlete.

Anya was assigned to Xander Harris who had brown eyes, shaggy brown hair, and had a great sense of humor and one of the best teachers in the class.

Dawn got assigned to Andrew. He had brown eyes, sandy blonde hair, and was a total sci-fi fanatic. He was about the same age as her.

Giles and Joyce were assigned to each other, which left Buffy by herself. She was about to go back upstairs until someone called out her name in a sexy British accent.

She felt someone tap her shoulder, so she turned around and looked up to see the same guy she had seen the night before. He had blue eyes, platinum blonde hair, a scar above his left eyebrow, sculpted cheekbones, and full lips, begging to be kissed.

“Are you Buffy Summers?” he asked.

“Yes, that’s me, and you are…?” she asked.

“Oh, Spike Williams. Just call me Spike.”

“Nice to meet you, Spike.” She stretched out her hand to shake it with his and was surprised when he took her hand and placed a soft kiss on top of it.

“Nice to meet you, too luv.”

After all the introductions were made around the room, Spike took the CD that had the song that Giles and Joyce would dance to at their wedding reception.

Once everybody picked a spot on the dance floor, Spike went to put the CD in and pressed play.

If I should stay, I would only be in your way
So I’ll go, but I know, I’ll think of you every step of the way

Spike grabbed Buffy’s hand and placed her left one on his right shoulder and held her other hand in his left one and smiled at her.

And I will always love you. I will always love
You, my darling, you.

Bittersweet memories, that is all I’m taking with me
So goodbye, please don’t cry
We both know I’m not what you need

And I will always love you
And I will always love you

As the soft sound of the saxophone played, Spike leaned down and whispered in Buffy’s ear, “I don’t think this song will only be for Joyce and Giles, but maybe one day for us, too”.

Buffy blushed and said, “I hope so, too.” Then she laid her head on his chest and continued to dance with Spike.

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you dreamed of
And I wish you joy and happiness
But above all of this I wish you love

And I will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you

I will always love you
I, I will always love you
Darling I love you, ooo I love you, I will always, I will always love you

As the song ended, Buffy and Spike looked into each other’s eyes and smiled, knowing instantly that this was a song to remember.